Pls suggest BLDC Fan?

My uncle meanwhile says like "just get a traditional Crompton fan from dmart and it will last a lifetime ". :D
He's not wrong really... The traditional fans do last a lifetime in most cases. Only thing that might need replacement is the capacitor which is super cheap.

I'm renovating my house and still thinking on what to do in this regard. On one hand traditional fans can be repaired easy if something goes wrong with them which is a very rare occurrence.
But it's quite possible I'm not trusting BLDC yet because I haven't used it myself and the reviews also don't make it convincing.

That's why after reading here I'm not sure if buying bldc fan is a good idea.

One of our old fans is almost on the verge of going bad or needs repair, so I thought why not get a new bldc fan instead. My uncle meanwhile says like "just get a traditional Crompton fan from dmart and it will last a lifetime ". :D
Yeah, I still have those traditional USHA ceiling fans running strong for the last 40 yrs and only once had to change the capacitor that too it has been a good 10-12yrs since then.
The quality of that era unmatched today and certainly can nowhere be found even from the topmost brands in the world, sadly!

Yeah, I still have those traditional USHA ceiling fans running strong for the last 40 yrs and only once had to change the capacitor that too it has been a good 10-12yrs since then.
The quality of that era unmatched today and certainly can nowhere be found even from the topmost brands in the world, sadly!
Well nowadays companies are like - if products are working for a long time, who is going to buy our new/more products...

I have 3 Orient AeroStorm fans which have been working flawlessly since 2018. Only one of them has minor motor noise when starting up.
Just this weekend I got 3 more AeroStorm fans and got them installed on Sunday.

It consumes about 72W and with a 1320 mm sweep it pushes 300 CMM of air which was my main criteria for the fans.
I haven't seen any other fan which matches the airflow metrics of this one.
Cost about 7.1k each but the looks and performance make up for it.

Yes it consumes twice the power compared to Renesa 1400mm @35W but the 4 ACs I got consume a hell of a lot more so didn't see any need for 35W of savings.

The Renesa looks good though especially in wooden finish.

1719216252182.png

I have 3 Orient AeroStorm fans which have been working flawlessly since 2018. Only one of them has minor motor noise when starting up.
Just this weekend I got 3 more AeroStorm fans and got them installed on Sunday.

It consumes about 72W and with a 1320 mm sweep it pushes 300 CMM of air which was my main criteria for the fans.
I haven't seen any other fan which matches the airflow metrics of this one.
Cost about 7.1k each but the looks and performance make up for it.

Yes it consumes twice the power compared to Renesa 1400mm @35W but the 4 ACs I got consume a hell of a lot more so didn't see any need for 35W of savings.

The Renesa looks good though especially in wooden finish.

View attachment 199784
the wooden renesa are tough to clean also speaking from personal experience:cry:

these orient ones seem good will try one do they also have a remote and IOT connect?

also hows this

Last edited:
also hows this
I have 2x non bldc aeroquiet. I regret my purchase. They look good but the airflow is low. It's only good for cold environments or where you have AC on. BLDC model seems to be the one with even lesser airflow. Will avoid.

the wooden renesa are tough to clean also speaking from personal experience:cry:

these orient ones seem good will try one do they also have a remote and IOT connect?

also hows this
In the Orient Aero series you have these-
AeroStorm 300 CMM 1320 mm no IoT

AeroCool 300 CMM 1360 mm no IoT (Looks worse than AeroStorm but its a personal opinion). The blades are bit more diffcult to clean and these are the ones I replaced last week.

AeroQuiet 240 CMM 1200 mm no IoT( not worth the price difference for the airflow issue)

AeroSlim 260 CMM 1200 mm IoT( Best looking of the bunch but 11k in local market). Best aesthetic option for false ceiling setup in drawing rooms.

I am not keen on IoT features on fans as complexity increases the probability of failure but then again its my 2 cents.

If you are into features I would suggest downloading the brochure pdfs from fan manufacturer websites with spec tables to compare fans against each other.
Thats how I found the AeroStorm/AeroCool back in 2018. :)

The fans are easy to clean as well as the ABS blades are almost flush with the motor housing.

We use this for cleaning-

Back