Pogoplug Pro - $29.95 - Approx. 2.75k shipped - Low power download box etc

Finally ordered one!

Can someone point me to some guide/forum where all the development related things are happening!

Want to gear myself up before it comes ;)

Its on First Page itself my you need to get arch linux installed once done its open as linux.

BTW I'm trying to get it from a friends friend from US anyone knows how long would this offer be on ?

@Varkey... sorry took time to get here... here to shoulder answering queries...

@all...

this is a solid VFM setup for those willing to push the boundaries and indulge... it takes a little guided tinkering to get it going and once is up, you can do so so so much with it. torrent downloading is the smallest part of the pie btw !!!

@dinjo, I will definitely go through Arch Linux forum. Thanks :)
@Dheeraj, A simple guide to optimally utilize this device will be highly appreciated(Please keep in mind I am a windows man, no knowledge of linux but always willing to learn new things :))

@honest1

i was windows only too... but i guess at some point of time, you gotta waiver this way... its actually much easier than it seems to be. besides excellent forums and wiki support you all along. the arch linux forum has threads on all these devices. as suggested by dinjo, go through the forum and we're always there to assist you... if it were a goflex net, i have a ready tailor made reconer and custom rootfs image ready on my dropbox...

i have used archlinux on tonidoplug, sheevaplug, goflexnet. running debian though... more used to it now. for newbies though, i find archlinux to be simpler and well documented !!

dheerajjotwani said:
i was windows only too... but i guess at some point of time, you gotta waiver this way... its actually much easier than it seems to be. besides excellent forums and wiki support you all along. the arch linux forum has threads on all these devices. as suggested by dinjo, go through the forum and we're always there to assist you... if it were a goflex net, i have a ready tailor made reconer and custom rootfs image ready on my dropbox...

He is right.

I got a lot of help from varkey and dheeraj when i messed up my Goflexnet with a faulty pen drive. varkey did a lot of help for me over teamviewer

@honest1 You are not alone buddy

its always a pleasure... nobody comes learned... everything is acquired here...

besides all the things the goflex does for me... lemme re-iterate,

1. Webserver (lighttpd, cgi-php)

2. Filesserver (lighttpd, cgi-php)

3. my personal sound cloud (musicbrowser)

4. media streamer (upnp/dlna) for home network

5. Squeezebox server

6. Torrenting (transmission)

7. Network Attached Storage (8 TB)

8. Home Jukebox (mpd)

9. Direct Download (pyload)

10. FTP (vsftpd)

can anyone order this for me i have sent a request to ICC/shopabroad, but still have not receive any feedback from thier end. i will make the payment upfront

Deathbearer said:
can anyone order this for me i have sent a request to ICC/shopabroad, but still have not receive any feedback from thier end. i will make the payment upfront
Where are you from?

Back