PogoPlug Pro - Discussion Thread

Yeah it opens up pogo to new world just awaiting the upload to happen its 300mb hence varkey might be taking time to upload.

N00b question..

will installing arch linux get rid of the default pogoplug software?

what if i need to revert back to default pogoplug OS

also plz post a step by step guide if possible :)

sent by a n00b in linux mumbo jumbo

Deathbearer said:
N00b question..

will installing arch linux get rid of the default pogoplug software?

what if i need to revert back to default pogoplug OS

also plz post a step by step guide if possible :)

sent by a n00b in linux mumbo jumbo

There is a revert script for it too.

@varkey

Please also mention whether there would any boot loader changes or not.

@dinjo - No changes to the bootloader. Just have to extract the files and it will boot.

Was making few final changes to the rootfs. Its uploading now. Will be over in an hour or so.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Here is the debian rootfs -- www.varkey.in/files/debian-rootfs-pogopro-varkey.tar.gz

Just extract it to an ext3 formatted disk. After extracting update your correct ethernet MAC address in /etc/network/interfaces

Also regenerate your SSH keys once your logged it to the debian system as given here -- Ubuntu / Debian Linux Regenerate OpenSSH Host Keys

The default login is root / root and the md5sum of the file is given below

e77e6cfb585c1df7f0f0b0ab6c8796bc debian-rootfs-pogopro-varkey.tar.gz

Deathbearer said:
Care To Post The Link Buddy :), I Got My PogoPlug Pro Today

• View topic - noob questions

Thanks varkey do you know what changes needs to be made if i plan to use a HDD with 2 different partitions ? 5GB partition and a 420GB partition.

Does debian works better than Archlinux I mean is it optimized better than Arch Linux

EDIT :

I'm referring the below doc for installing the packages , I guess its a s/pacman/apt-get/g ;-)

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-faq/ch-pkgtools.en.html

Please let us know whether there is link which describes what basic apps needs to be installed just like Arch Linux have.

I'm hoping the tarball does not anything installed its a plain one ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Cant download the debian tarball it stuck at web loading seems your webserver could be down

^ The number of partitions doesn't matter. Just make sure that the rootfs is extracted to the *first* partition. Well, I have been using debian on my GoFlex and Dockstar and more comfortable with it. Since debian is a more mainstream distro there will be more information when you google for some error or issue :p

Yes, on debian you need to use 'apt-get install packagename' I have included the basic apps already in the rootfs, others can be easily installed using apt-get.

The link is working fine for me, maybe try once more?

varkey said:
Well, I have been using debian on my GoFlex and Dockstar and more comfortable with it. Since debian is a more mainstream distro there will be more information when you google for some error or issue :p

The reason why I asked the question. You are kind of home. Everything in place.

+LT

Thanks debian is booting now need to set static ip

@varkey

Which apps are installed in this tarball?

Edit -

Debian is running fine now transmission , samba , webmin everything is configured now; though finding packages is not as that simple also did some manual builds of packages since new packages are not available for debian as compared to Arch Linux.

Only problem is transmission does not autostarts the daemon exits in /etc/init.d and user debian-transmission also exist

phew! managed to install archlinux on the pogoplus pro!

connected pogoplus pro via ethernet and pc via usb cable to the router since i had a single ethernet port bsnl modem+router.

I'm really looking forward to buy pogoplus pro...I could not find it in Ebay,meanwhile i heard about a similar rig called guruplug...which one is best option?please also mention the link to buy pogoplus

I too have sucessfully installed arch linux on my pogoplug pro,

and using transmission for downloading torrents, is there any way to control & add/remove torrents remotly from a phone or another pc?

I have a spare internal SATA HDD available. Can I connect it to PogoPlug Pro and download torrent to it without needing a PC in between?

M4SH said:
I have a spare internal SATA HDD available. Can I connect it to PogoPlug Pro and download torrent to it without needing a PC in between?

Hey guys, can I use an internal HDD with PogoPlug?

Back