PogoPlug Pro - Discussion Thread

^Umm, why am I not seeing the right things. I can't see any of those in my pogoplug account web. I think I should mention this, rootfs of "PogoPlugPro", the original one, not from ArchLinux.

+LT

^ I guess for some reason the internal pogo files got corrupt. Your best solution is to find a backup of the original NAND files which includes the Pogoplug rootfs and restore it which is what WarheadsSE meant.

You will not find any of this in the Pogoplug account, if you have access to another Pogoplug Pro, I guess you should be able to create a backup and write it to your NAND.

Post this in the ArchLinux forum, you will get a much better response.

PS : Be careful when messing with the NAND write functions etc, a minor error may result in a full NAND erase!
<

I would rather get WarheadSE to give all instructions in hand as varkey said a single error in NAND modification the device is gone.

I would rather get WarheadSE to give all instructions in hand as varkey said a single error in NAND modification the device is gone.

Yup I got the instructions from warheadse. He explicitly asked me to use nand_write from archlinux. So that basically means that I will have to boot via sata and get it all installed. Once that's done, restore the pogoplug pro's rootfs via archlinux's nand tools and not via uboot.

So I am still looking for Pogoplug NAND Dumps. Can someone please share? I need them so that I can use a usb disk, which at the moment I can't
<

Thanks.

I can check when i reach home if someone has can give it to you, its located at /tmp/usb/mtd1.dump

Unfortunately i had formatted by usb and did a root tar fall install , so anyone who has done the install and not formatted can only give you that file.

#varkey

Since you have 2-3 pogoplug you must have a copy of nanddump with you

The pogoplugs are not with me right now. I will be back home on Thursday after which I can give them.

#dinjo - You can recreate the nand dumps, the files in the nand are not deleted or modified when you install ArchLinux. The kernel etc is written to an unused nand area.

The pogoplugs are not with me right now. I will be back home on Thursday after which I can give them.

#dinjo - You can recreate the nand dumps, the files in the nand are not deleted or modified when you install ArchLinux. The kernel etc is written to an unused nand area.

Thats right! Unlike, Jeff, WarHEAD has kept the nand pretty much the same. Only booting params are changed. I have not gone in details, but that what I understand.

#varkey

[font=georgia,serif]I tried to dump nand but i could not find nanddump in /usr/sbin[/font].

I'll try to create a nanddump using http://plugapps.com/.../uboot/nanddump

#linuxtechie

Do you want a nanddump of mtd0 too ?

Yes please
<

@dinjo, waiting eagerly XD.

I can't get that nanddump file working, the link is down.

Someone must have it on arch linux arm forums, cant understand why WarheadSE can't give you nanddump.

#linuxtechie

Here is the mtd1 nand dump, beware that i got nand dump errors while dumping the nand which were not corrected , verify with WarheadSE whether it ok to use the nanddump which has errors in it

ECC: 1 uncorrectable bitflip(s) at offset 0x00014800

http://www.mediafire...0ys6fss2csxe6vm

I can't get that nanddump file working, the link is down.

Someone must have it on arch linux arm forums, cant understand why WarheadSE can't give you nanddump.

#linuxtechie

Here is the mtd1 nand dump, beware that i got nand dump errors while dumping the nand which were not corrected , verify with WarheadSE whether it ok to use the nanddump which has errors in it

ECC: 1 uncorrectable bitflip(s) at offset 0x00014800

http://www.mediafire...0ys6fss2csxe6vm

Hi Can you get me mtd2's dump ?

+LT

Seems that I can't read the dump. Can you please try following:

[21:38] <+xenoxaos> mkdir /mnt/rootfs

[21:38] <+xenoxaos> ubiattach /dev/ubi_ctrl -m 2

[21:38] <+xenoxaos> mount -t ubifs ubi0:rootfs /mnt/rootfs

[21:38] <+xenoxaos> cd /mnt/rootfs

[21:39] <+xenoxaos> tar -cvzf /root/rootfs.tar.gz ./

And share with me the rootfs.tar.gz? That's the actual content that I need. Thanks man!

^ Taring the files now. Will upload in few minutes!
<

Edit : Here you go --

Code:
[url]http://www.varkey.in/files/pogopro-ce-rootfs.tar.gz[/url]

Code:
3583f9cd356dece37df93eccb3665e4e  pogopro-ce-rootfs.tar.gz

Back