PogoPlug Pro - Discussion Thread

Ok, I am able to do sata boot. However I am unable to find ubiattache command anywhere. Isn't it part of alarm? Do I have to get it from somewhere?

+LT

Ok! I am in. Indeed my rootfs was corrupt. It was just 6MB as in comparision to what was with varkey. How do I make a full update to pogoplug pro? Is there some way to download everything and update everything?

^ No, ubiattach is part of mtd-tools or mtd-utils in Debian. In Alarm also it should be similar.

Full update as in? The original Pogoplug rootfs doesn't really have any update, if you flashed mine, you should be good.

^Yup I just untarred the tar ball and got back in Pogoplug pro. It was even visible on pogo website. Nevertheless, moved on and installed archlinux. Hey I have a tar ball of your debian rootfs.

I just need to replace untar on the /dev/sda1?

Yep. But also update the correct mac address in /etc/network/interfaces. Regenerate the SSH keys as well, if you like. ;-)

It will work fine without the above changes as well though.

Wireless not working for me for sure and now I'm finding some stability issues will switch back to debian in next few days

Did you guys manage to get wireless working? Forgot to add: as an access point.

Wireless works fine, I was able to connect to my wireless network without any problems (You ofcourse have to modify the routing table a bit if you want use it as a wifi only system)

And no, as an access point, I don't think it will work. The driver and kernel are old, although the ArchLinux guys are working on a 3.x kernel, once ready it should be possible.

hi dear friends i have bought a pogoplug from Varkey here and he helped me a lot

so i have few problems here please help me if you can

First he installed pyload for me and i am not able to access it via webinterface Varkey instructed me to restart it i did and it showed as working under ssh but when i try to access it via http://ip:8000 it showed no server

all the others like transmission and webmin are accessible and one more thing when i tried to edit some configuration file using nano command on it an autologin script it just showed blank on putty but when i try to read those files with linux readers it showed as full fiiles

but cannot edit using Putty

Yes i can see the text in the file if i use "DiskInternals Linux Reader"

But not able to edit it in case of putty not able to see any thing just blank and on the bottom some options like

^G for guide etc...

@dinjo, like varkey said. I did get wireless working as client. But not in server mode. Looks like I will have to wait.

BTW, I am unable to get my printer Epson T13 identified in the plug. Any clue / hints?

+LT

Show a screenshot

#varkey

Did you enable wifi when you first got the pogoplug i.e before installing arch linux ?

Here is the screen shot of what i see when using putty

m9y3vt.jpg

#linuxtechie

What do you mean by server mode ?

[font=arial, sans-serif]# [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]mannuel[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Use vi editor [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Do you know basics of linux ? [/font]

I am a noob in linux i don't like linux bcoz of its command line format

and for VI editor i don't think it will work bcoz i cannot access files from usb drive bcoz it is ext3 format i cannot post more bcoz of postlimitation

As i mentioned there not working for me ? Did you used dhcp or static IP ?

#varkey

Did you enable wifi when you first got the pogoplug i.e before installing arch linux ?

I tried with DHCP and it worked. Yes, I had enabled Wifi and tested it through Pogoplug as well.

#linuxtechie

What do you mean by server mode ?

I think he means, functioning as an access point so the PogoplugPro can broadcast a wireless network and other users can connect to it.

#mannuel - Navigate to the folder ie /usr/local/adl and see if the files are present there. Then edit the file using nano. It shows a blank screen usually when the file doesn't exist etc

Back