PogoPlug Pro - Discussion Thread

Do any of you know any download client for archlinux on pogoplug that have web interface like the pyload please name them

i think jdownloader is like it but never used it how is it

DownloadDaemon but it would require to build package on your own not sure whether want this or not.

^ It will take you less than half the time you took to post the above to Google and find the answer.
<

https://wiki.archlin...ndex.php/Pacman

Hey friend thanks but i need a personal question to varkey when i run rc.d stop pyloadcored it shows FAIL

but when i run START command for it immediately after that it shows DONE what is this

^ From that description alone, I don't think anyone can identify the exact reason. Check the logs etc and post the relevant parts.

i have tried to install the pacman package using the following command from the putty but no response

some times say target not found

here is the comand line i used

pacman -S z2-sdl-profile 1.0-1

no luck and one more think i read about GUI or interface for the pacman manager listed here

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pacman_GUI_Frontends

could you please provide me idea on how to instll any of those on pogoplug

i found how to install packages and i have installed the axel as the download manager but one problem i don't know how to download files to usb attached drive.

I know that if I have to download to a specific folder i have to change to that directory using putty and need to run axel from it but i don't know how to change to usb drive

for example my drive is called PUBLIC

and i use cd/user/download/

to go to the download folder in the user section so please could you tell how to do the same for attached hard drive.

One more thing also i found it difficult to type huge download urls from sites like the free account download urls from rapidshare

if I start to type the url surely there is huge chance for mis typing it,so is there any way to overcome this like a copy url from web browser and pasting it on the putty or other wise telling axel to download from urls in a specific text file.

#varkey

Not sure whether you tried this or not but was looking for some thing after i enable DDNS run a VNC (kinda) and start firefox possible ? I see someone got VNC running but would that make surfing possible using DDNS and using home network connection ? I may hae not described it properly here but let me know whether this is something possible or not.

#mannuel

You don't have to give the version number, just the first part will do ie

Code:
pacman -S z2-sdl-profile

provided there is a package called z2-sdl-profile

I think when you connect the USB drive, its mounted by default in /media/.

if I start to type the url surely there is huge chance for mis typing it,so is there any way to overcome this like a copy url from web browser and pasting it on the putty or other wise telling axel to download from urls in a specific text file.

<
Just copy the link and right click on putty window, it will paste the URL.

#dinjo

Ya, that should work, but firefox might be a bit heavy, maybe a lighter browser. But why exactly do you want to do this? If you just want to access the home network, I guess you can just do it by setting up a VPN.

#varkey

Something like connect to Pogo using DDNS and run a browser from Pogo and do the web browsing from a external network not sure whether it classifies in VPN or not.

Dear friend may i ask one more question if i use aria2 or any other command line download manager it will start the download but when i try to shut down the desktop and assign the download function with the pogoplug .

I have to close the terminal for top shutdown my system will this casue the stopping of the download, bcoz when i try to download some files using axel command line interface using terminal to pogoplug media folder after intiation of download i have to close the terminal so that i can shut off my desktop,

it display message that it will kill the process running in the terminal so how is it possible and if thats the case what is the purpose of NAS download

#varkey

Not something which i wanted , I wanted something wherein i can go to my DDNS page and from there launch a browser , i can't/dont want to change proxy settings.

@mannuel - You should be using nohup prefixed to the command

Code:
mannuel@mannuel-desktop:~$ ssh root@192.168.0.2

root@192.168.0.2's password:

Last login: Sat Jan  1 11:08:49 2011 from 192.168.0.4

[root@alarm ~]# cd /media/Downloads/

[root@alarm Downloads]# nohup axel -n 10 [url]http://199.91.152.147/aibsumzk1ijg/tgk27r7pv7tyvfe/tapsee_pannu_in_black_from_mogudu_movie_spicy_pics_actress.zip[/url]

nohup: ignoring input and appending output to `nohup.out'

This is wat i am getting when using no hup

Code:
[root@alarm Downloads]# screen axel -n 10  [url]http://199.91.152.147/aibsumzk1ijg/tgk27r7pv7tyvfe/tapsee_pannu_in_black_from_mogudu_movie_spicy_pics_actress.zip[/url]

-bash: screen: command not found

[root@alarm Downloads]#

This is what i am getting when using screen command

#mannuel

Mate, we can give you pointers but please Google about it and find out how to use it before coming back here and saying it doesn't work. We are trying to help you but please put some effort from your side as well. :)

Not something which i wanted , I wanted something wherein i can go to my DDNS page and from there launch a browser , i can't/dont want to change proxy settings.

In that case, you would need to go for a VNC setup and use a web based client, something like this -- http://www.realvnc.com/support/javavncviewer.html

Ok I'll try to find more info on it may be at arch linux wiki.

Ok VNC is running fine now.

Code:
pacman -S x11vnc xorg-server-xvfb lxde

Then add following code to rc.local

Code:
/usr/bin/Xvfb :1 -extension GLX -extension RANDR -fp /usr/share/fonts/misc -screen 0 1280x800x16 &

export DISPLAY=:1

/usr/bin/startlxde &

/usr/bin/x11vnc -display :1 -bg -nopw -xkb -forever -passwd [PASSWD] &

Now connect through any vnc viewer and it would be like 192.168.1.104:5900 , replace your IP accordingly.

#varkey

Need assistance on setting up DDNS is dd client only required here ?

Back