PogoPlug Pro - Discussion Thread

^^ Whats the advantage in running two partitions as opposed to one?

The reason mentioned on the Arch thread is to go for a journaling ext3 FS for the rootfs as uboot supports only ext2. But I don't think that's necessary as uboot seems capable booting from an ext3 FS.

Another reason is to have dedicated partitions for the /home directory or /var directory for example so that the main rootfs doesn't get filled up with logs etc.[DOUBLEPOST=1363239230][/DOUBLEPOST]It looks like the Pogoplug Mobile has inbuilt wifi -- http://forum.doozan.com/read.php?2,11874

@AsidXxx

Last edited by a moderator:
@varkey Thanks! But I am also getting a good deal on the Pogoplug-POGO-B01. Should I go in for that? That connects to the router via cable or Wi-Fi?

@varkey Thanks! But I am also getting a good deal on the Pogoplug-POGO-B01. Should I go in for that? That connects to the router via cable or Wi-Fi?

That would be wired - Ethernet obviously.

But the B01, really? That's a really bright pink! :p

okay so I finished setting up the 1 TB HDD. Just copied everything from the pen drive to this, seems to be working. Realized Samba was not working because apparently you now have to use systemd instead of init. So finished setting that up. However, now I have another problem, SSH is very slow. If I try to SSH, I get the username prompt, then after 5 minutes I get the password prompt, If I try to do pacman -Syu after that, it times out and gives an error. Transmission seems to be working fine. Any clues? A bit of googling suggested that disabling ipv6 might solve this, but the instructions were for a different distro.

It seemed to be working fine on this HDD before I moved to systemd

I edited some SSHd file and changed usedns from yes to No and the wait time was solved but then I saw there was no network connectivity. Wasn't able to ping anything etc.

So I did this to setup a static IP using systemd, and now it wouldnt reboot, probably because of conflicting network settings. I'll again restore my backup from 2 weeks ago and see.

Anyway I can remove the earlier network settings configuration and set up a fresh one using systemd?

Yes I did, and that's what probably killed it. Anyways I had restored the earlier backup and now it seems to be working fine, have updated to systemd but not using it to configure the network. No problem till now.

IShopInternational or iBhejo or eBay GEB etc etc.
some questions
1. if i get e-02 can i monitor my downloads from my android device??
2.do i require adsl+router to connect pogoplug with??
3.i want to use streaming like movies and connect my ps3
if these above things are not possible with e-02
where do i find a p21...
as many are getting e02 instead of p21

Back