PogoPlug Pro - Discussion Thread

Ohk thanks
So if I get my pogo my setup would be modem- rtn13u-pogo:p
It cant be atached directly to the modem(adsl)
If not like that can u suggest me a good adsl+router.
Thanks

If you are currently using the Modem <--> RT-N13u combo, that means you actually have a modem-cum-router, so yes you can attach the Pogoplug directly to the modem-router. You simply need a switch, if you have multiple wired devices to connect.[DOUBLEPOST=1364304869][/DOUBLEPOST]
So what does it mean p21having wireless and e02 not

The Pogoplug P01 has inbuilt wireless, I am not so sure about the actual P21 device (but you don't get it these days anyway)[DOUBLEPOST=1364305155][/DOUBLEPOST]
Despite it has it has been found non working for many people.

If the original P21 did have wireless, why wasn't it working for people. Any link which says it actually had a wireless chip but didn't work?

It was discussed on arch linux arm since it ran into several issues especially when they part ported to systemd (its still on initscripts)

^ ;) :p

pyLoad installation done. Here are the steps
@varkey i successfully installed the Pyload .But now when i try to download youtube video i'm getting NoneType' object has no attribute 'group' 0.00 BYoutubeCom
error .

I'm thinking this is could be due to bug so thinking of upgrading Pyload , tried seraching on google for upgrade process but no luck .Could you able to help me with upgrade of pyload. I tried it from pacman but it won't work

Last edited by a moderator:
well 0.4.9 pyload you downloaded isnt actually having updated plugins . i left pyload started for 10 mins and my plugins were updated ... then restarting pyload did it . Now able to download youtube vids .

1 more question how much stable is pogoplug?? As compared to rtn13u
As torrent speed fluctuates like hell at n13u...
Advantages over rtn13u??
As I am only going to use it for downloading purpose:)

^ I wasnt sure about OS because i recalled reading in the dockstar thread about external HDDs having issues due not spinning up in time so flash drives were preferred .

^ I wasnt sure about OS because i recalled reading in the dockstar thread about external HDDs having issues due not spinning up in time so flash drives were preferred .

Didn't face any such issues with the 4-5 drives that I have tried. Anyway you can always increase the delay time as required for your drive.

Back