Post your in-game screenshots & gameplay videos

Re: The post your in-game screenshot's thread

gamervivek said:
"dx10 effects" as in which require dx10.

there is no dx9 very high,that is a hack for getting some of the features that can be enabled in dx9 but were tried to be kept exclusively for vista and dx10.

dx9 can't be used for enabling any of the dx10 features simply because it can't.i hope i am clearer this time round.

I don't think u got my point ... use the so called hacked cfg's in XP to enable "very high" on XP , and compare the IQ to what u get with Vista ... in case my eyes saw the right thing , they look "exactly" the same .. yeah .. subtle diff. maybe , but nothing that a human eye can notice. . anyway .. My point is that if those effects indeed required dx10 , they'd not at all be possible under dx9.0c ... and now that they are .. the funny thing is , "very high" in dx9.0c runs way better than "very high" in dx10 ..

Dude .. try it before blah blah-ing so much .. c'mon .. people ain't noobs here .. we know what we say , and its based upon things we've actually tried .. And just for a comparison .. here a screenie u can look at and judge whether is dx9.0c or dx10 ..

Well, why are you guys so crazy about dx 10.0 anyway? Dx 10.0 is quite a flop and if you paid money for a dx10.0 card that is going to be a waste of money because it wont run dx10.1 games the same way a dx10.1 card will, correct?

The current generation of cards are like the FX5200, FX5700, etc. These cards caused quite some hype when they were new, and they sold a lot, but these cards were not dx9c cards, and were quite frankly useless for the long run.

I think the current gen dx10.0 cards will becoome bad deals when you realize that the games that will be released over the next 2-3 years will be eitehr dx10.1 or even dx10.2 or dx10.3 games.

Kind of like a dx9a card is useless to play the latest games of dx9c.

dsarosh said:
Well, why are you guys so crazy about dx 10.0 anyway? Dx 10.0 is quite a flop and if you paid money for a dx10.0 card that is going to be a waste of money because it wont run dx10.1 games the same way a dx10.1 card will, correct?

The current generation of cards are like the FX5200, FX5700, etc. These cards caused quite some hype when they were new, and they sold a lot, but these cards were not dx9c cards, and were quite frankly useless for the long run.

I think the current gen dx10.0 cards will becoome bad deals when you realize that the games that will be released over the next 2-3 years will be eitehr dx10.1 or even dx10.2 or dx10.3 games.

Kind of like a dx9a card is useless to play the latest games of dx9c.

incase you forgot. no matter what card you buy the average lifetime of a card is around 6months thesedays. so it doesnt matter if its dx10 or 10.1 or 10.2 or whatever. its better to buy it & atleast enjoy.

That is very very wrong.
My current config is:
Pentium 4 2.53Ghz, 1gb of ddr 266mhz ram
6800XT agp card on agp 4x motherboard, and I've played all the latest games, although at low settings, and I can still find plenty of games that run smoothly on my system.

I paid about 6000Rs for the 6800xt, and its still good for playg dx9c games at medium/high settings.
Imaging buying a fx 5700 or fx 5900 for Rs.8000/- when it was newly launched, that would be just waste of money.

All the people buying the current generation of dx10.0 cards are really wasting their money, sure they can play dx9 games and blazing fps, but the dx10.0 cards will not run the dx10.1 or dx10.c games well in the future, and they will have the same experience as trying to play doom3 on a fx5200.

So its better to just wait for a proper dx10.1 or even a proper dx10.3c card to come out, that card will be good for the next 2-3 years atleast.

I've got an average 6800xt card for Rs.6000/- 2 years ago, and I can still play many new games at decent frame rates, time shift, infernal, half life episodes, etc etc.

dsarosh said:
Well, even 15-20fps is good for me at low detail settings, but the game began to hang up often. The same happened with Timeshift too, but timeshift recommended a particular Nvidia beta drivers, and even provided a link to download them. With the beta drivers I played and completed timeshif fine.
But crysis kept hanging up often, I guess my system is simply too old for it.
Anyway, it wil be a great game to play on my next card, i'm waiting for dx10.1 cards to be affordable. Dx10.0 cards are simply not a long term solution for dx10 games.
:lol: Crysis never hanged on me :p

and dont make your old system sound like a big issue. Its your card that's helping you and you dont mind very low fps coz you want full aa and af . your not a gamer :rofl: :p

dsarosh said:
That is very very wrong.
My current config is:
Pentium 4 2.53Ghz, 1gb of ddr 266mhz ram
6800XT agp card on agp 4x motherboard, and I've played all the latest games, although at low settings, and I can still find plenty of games that run smoothly on my system.

I paid about 6000Rs for the 6800xt, and its still good for playg dx9c games at medium/high settings.
Imaging buying a fx 5700 or fx 5900 for Rs.8000/- when it was newly launched, that would be just waste of money.

All the people buying the current generation of dx10.0 cards are really wasting their money, sure they can play dx9 games and blazing fps, but the dx10.0 cards will not run the dx10.1 or dx10.c games well in the future, and they will have the same experience as trying to play doom3 on a fx5200.

So its better to just wait for a proper dx10.1 or even a proper dx10.3c card to come out, that card will be good for the next 2-3 years atleast.

I've got an average 6800xt card for Rs.6000/- 2 years ago, and I can still play many new games at decent frame rates, time shift, infernal, half life episodes, etc etc.

well u get what you pay. i for 1 dont like playing any game on low or medium. i rather not play it. different people think differently. hence i said gfx card lifetime is 6-7months as it can only play games @ high settings with good fps for that long. max around a year for some very high end card.

deathvirus_me said:
I don't think u got my point ... use the so called hacked cfg's in XP to enable "very high" on XP , and compare the IQ to what u get with Vista ... in case my eyes saw the right thing , they look "exactly" the same .. yeah .. subtle diff. maybe , but nothing that a human eye can notice. . anyway .. My point is that if those effects indeed required dx10 , they'd not at all be possible under dx9.0c ... and now that they are .. the funny thing is , "very high" in dx9.0c runs way better than "very high" in dx10 ..

Dude .. try it before blah blah-ing so much .. c'mon .. people ain't noobs here .. we know what we say , and its based upon things we've actually tried .. And just for a comparison .. here a screenie u can look at and judge whether is dx9.0c or dx10 ..

i am not trying to dick around,i corrected stormblast in saying that he had enabled dx10 effects in xp which is illogical unless you can run dx10 API in xp.
IQ was not even a subject i said anything about and you say i am blah blahing?
my point is also the same as in saying if they were dx10 effects they would not run in dx9 and thats what i said in my 1st post,he enabled dx9 effects in dx9 using the very high crack and none of them required dx10.
i am sorry i was not clear enough.
and i am not dissing very high dx9 settings,but don't use screenshots to judge a game's graphics quality,unless you are interested in slideshows or wallpapers.
and since this is a screenshot thread,
with all high settings,24X AA 16XAF and some transparency AA on my way to ace a noobie clan,
hl2008-02-1903-49-56-06-1.jpg

stormblast said:
well u get what you pay. i for 1 dont like playing any game on low or medium. i rather not play it. different people think differently. hence i said gfx card lifetime is 6-7months as it can only play games @ high settings with good fps for that long. max around a year for some very high end card.

Lol, thats right on, and I think its part of the marketting stratergy too, so they make money of every single chip they make.
For me, even if I can get a glimpse of a latest game just for the sake of experience, then that is good enough too. I have played many of the latest games, and while games like Bioshock dont play beyond 6-14fps on lowest settings, we also have games like COD4 which give me a smooth 30fps on high detail too, so I'd say if you pick the right card you can expect to play games decently for atlast a year or two.

Anyway, the real point I was trying to make was that if I buy a Rs.10,000/- card around dec 2008 or jan 2009, I will be able to play any dx9c game on the max settings possible, and I will be able to play dx10 games for the next 2-3 years at medium/high settings atleast.

People who currently own dx10 cards will be in a sorry situatuon when all games launched will be dx10.1 or dx10a or dx10c, whatever the name. They will not get to experience the real graphics and effects of the dx10.1 games.

Its a good example to follow how dx9 evolved, dx9a was just about ok, dx9b was better, but dx9c was the real hit and dx9c was around for 2-3 years and definitely the people who spent 6-8 thousand on a dx9a card have lost their money and not got anything but couple of months of gaming in exchange.

Its the exact same situation we see with dx10.0 right now, the future is either dx10.1 or dx10.c even.

yeah babay.. WPFC FTW!! :D

what gaymer is trying to say is that the 'very high' effects are not rendered using DX10 API, but they CLAIM to do so just to promote use of vista

gamervivek said:
and since this is a screenshot thread,
with all high settings,24X AA 16XAF and some transparency AA on my way to ace a noobie clan,
hl2008-02-1903-49-56-06-1.jpg

Even with all those settigns the tiles on the floor look comicly unreal.

Back