OC & Modding Post your overclocks !

Nikhil said:
why parting shot :p ?? Upgrading to X2 ehhh :p ??

And isnt 2.6 Ghz kinda low for Optys :S :S ??
1st 1: err maybe :p
2nd: yea can easily do 2.8, especially this particular stepping fpaw 0546 but after a full afternoon of tweaking i left it at this..........

Nice oc there Systemic !! For a Dual Core, 2.6 Ghz is amazing !! You have an FX 55 :p ......

And that temp of 47 deg C is at idle I presume .......

And is it Prime 95 Stable ??

Nikhil said:
Nice oc there Systemic !! For a Dual Core, 2.6 Ghz is amazing !! You have an FX 55 :p ......

Yea thats prime stable. and the high temperature might be because of dried up thermal paste.....

Nikhil said:

FX-60 re ;) FX 55 is single core at 2.6 Ghz

My experience with A8N-E

Assembled my rig yesterday

AMD 3000+
512 X 2 UCCC
A8N-E

and here are some initial results,

Prime + memtest stable ... idling at 40 ish and loaded at 49-50 C.

Vcore : 1.475V
Vdimm : 2.65V

Note that its running at 1T ... A8N-E and 1T ...:eek:hyeah:

btw what would be a better oc among the following :

260 X 9 1:1 at 3-4-4-8 IT
or
270-275 X 9 using ram at 333mhz at 3-4-4-8 IT

any suggestions are welcome.

^ Isnt the A64 architecture less dependant on memory bandwidth but rather shows better performance from actual CPU clock speeds? (Socket Am2 being a prime example of how the additional mem bandwidth had very little improvement).

An extra 90 ~ 135Mhz on the CPU clock speeds will definately nullify any performance increase the higher mem clocks would show as well.

Nikhil is right though, with the UCCC try cranking up the clocks and see if you're lucky enough to reach the 270Mhz domain. If not, another alternative would be to create an overclocking profile within Windows with the help of A64 Tweaker to use the other mem dividers like 183Mhz.

deejay said:
ps: on a DFI ultra D m/b this combo (Cpu + ram) will easily surpass 300+ HTT @ 1:1, 1T. (in the range of 310 ~ 320 MHZ actually). wish i had one for nostalgic reasons ..

Hey I have a DFI Ultra-D ! *Hint* *Hint* ! ;)

Back