OC & Modding Post your overclocks !

heres my overclock

AM2 3000+ Athlon 64
myoc.jpg

:rofl: :rofl:

If prime 95 gives error, how can you say it has been running stable ??

You rick massive data loss/corruption if you continue running your system at those speeds

IndianLover315 said:
yeah prime95 gives me error, but i been running stable now for few weeks, almost 8-10+ hours a day with 5+ hrs of gaming/graphic design

If you have good Heat sink for your CPU, try pumping in more vcore, it can become stable if you do that.

Darklord said:
Hey could you post your board,RAM and other details ? If you are in India,where did you get that AM2 from and at what price ?

Hey,

Heres the specs

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ AM2 2.84ghz w/ Arctic Freezer 64 Pro

2Gb OCZ Gold Edition 3-4-3-10

Gigabyte Silent-Type 2 7600GT

MSI K9N Platinum nForce 570

Western Digital 80GB 7200RPM

Antec SP-500 (500w)

Windows Xp Pro x64 Edition

And for others, yeah I will look into raising the voltage a bit more, but my comp has been running stable and nothing crashes or anything so far, and i asked around few of my friends really good at these things and know alot they had told me to use it if it doesnt crash and no errors.

I got the AM2 for 105$ I think, its cheaper now I think its like $95. (living in U.S)

akshitmohan said:
Can I ? .............

Those temps seem high for a celeron processor. I used to get temps of 45C idle and 53C load at 4.1 Ghz. I get arnd 38C and 47C ON stock 2.8G which is more than your stock of 2.53Ghz.

Check if your temps are accurate. After running your comp on load, switch off and touch your heatsink. If it it very hot then your temps should be accurate.

Cable management ? Maybe cable mismanagement !

The temps are most probably because of the fact that my side panel was off and the was a lot of breeze. If I close the cabby and place it in a less ventilated space, Im sure it will rise to at least 43C idle and arnd 51C load.

that sure is a nice OC !!! amazing stuff!!

But please do run Memtest...at least 3 passes without errors to check stability of RAM.

And Prime 95 for at least 24 hrs

^^The A8N-E cant run RAM at 1T at high speeds and high HTT speeds.

Thats a nice OC udit :D A little concerned about the volts though, its a bit high for only 2.4 Ghz.

Back