Post your Rigs !

I am testing some D43 for my friend. And i am shocked with these results.
Have a look what its able to manage.
100% prime stable at that speed and timings.100% memtest stable too.

What voltage did you feed into the RAM?? And is it at 1T? And for how long did you rin Prime 95??? Coz' I have Kingston VR based on the same D43 chip. Is that different from standard Hynix D43???

And though I know that all RAM overclocks differently, I just want to know abt it.

nah it should be same.
This is at 2.8v Vdimm.
As of now i am using memory divider for DDR333 and CPU is at 2.6Ghz.
And yes this is at 1T.
I will try upping it a bit more today.

Nice timings there Funky.
I guess you can go a bit higher too,tell me what happens.

Anyways, me too planning to test D43 on DFI board,lets see what potential it can show with that board.

Nice timings there Funky.
I guess you can go a bit higher too,tell me what happens.

Anyways, me too planning to test D43 on DFI board,lets see what potential it can show with that board. :lol:

AXP 2400+ on an A7N8X-X
768MB Hynix D43..
crappy 350W PSU, getting changed the minute I get back home (in Gurgaon right now on my summer internship.. damn this place is crappy!!)
17" Sammy 793S
400GB storage
Benq 1620 (getting a 1640 next month)
9800Pro -> getting an XFX 6600GT instead..
SBLive
L-O 52327S, 832S

Not bad???

That is amazing...... DDR500 speeds for less than 6K. Who needs OCZ VX. I am already having second thoughts abt selling my RAM.

And another thing I wanted to ask ----- at 2.8Volts, the computer is damn unstable. This is inspite of keeping two fans blowing air directly at the RAM sticks.

And the RAM stick do not get very hot. Just slightly warm. Could it be that my mobo is not good enough for that sort of serious overclocking????

You guys have seriously exploited Hynixs potential.

Darky - waiting to see ur overclocks with DFI + Hynix D43
I have heard that DFI hates value rams do let me know if Hynix worked
with DFI and how much did they OC.

Nikhil said:
That is amazing...... DDR500 speeds for less than 6K. Who needs OCZ VX.

that depends.. :p If i have the money i wud still get the OCZ VX over D43, anytime!

Nikhil said:
And another thing I wanted to ask ----- at 2.8Volts, the computer is damn unstable. This is inspite of keeping two fans blowing air directly at the RAM sticks.

And the RAM stick do not get very hot. Just slightly warm. Could it be that my mobo is not good enough for that sort of serious overclocking????

Not all chips have the same OCing potential. Perhaps ur RAM has hit the limit.

I didn't actually mean that abt the VX vx D43...... :rofl:

Anyway, even I think my D43 has reached the limit. Too bad!!!! That is ok.... I got a much better oc that I expected...

I forgot to update my rig :p,anyways here is my baby :giggle:

Windows XP Pro.
MSI 865PE Neo 2-PFS Socket 478.
2GB 4x512 Crosair PC3200.(upgraded 03-05-2005)
Intel 2,8Ghz 512kbc 800Mhz fsb.
Zalman CU Silent s478/s462cpu cooler.
Maxtor SATA 8mb cache diamond max 9plus,120GB 7200rpm Fluid Bearing(hdd) SATA Hdd.
Q-TEC PSU 550W Dual Fan PFC.
9800 Pro DDR 128MB.
9200 Series 128MB.
Sony 3 1/2.
NEC ND 2500A 8 speed DVD-R/-RW/+R.
LG D8162RBB 16 speed.
19 inch MAG innovision 986 FS.
17 inch LG studioworks 700 S.
Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer for Bluetooth.
Logitech elite keyboard.
Antec Super Lanboy Case.
Plantronics DSP 500

:S umm well thats about it :p

I had a Tagan TG330-U01 330W PSU which went in flames (no it wasnt an assassination attempt :p),i wanted to buy a Antec 550W PSU but my friend that owns a PC store just told me to take the Q-TEC and try it,if i dont like the perfromance bring it back,well i took it and so far its working very good.

Hmmm...prolly have the unique distinction of firing a DFI with Kingston VR :eek:hyeah: !

Dismantled my Winchester + ABIT AV8 rig and setup the DFI on a bench. Fired alright in the first go :) ! Touch Wood !

The rig is:

AMD Winchester 3200+
DFI LanParty UT nforce4 Ultra-D
Thermaltake A1772 Heatsink
TT relabeled Delta fan w/ temp and rpm sensor
LeadTek 6600GT PCIE 128MB
PC3200 2 x 512 MB Kingston VR
Antec TP 480W
Seagate 80GB SATA
Sony DVD-R, Sony CDRW

The temps reported by SmartGuardian for a 2M SuperPI run appear to be quite lower than what I've seen with the ABIT AV8. The LeadTek gfx card hangs way over the chipset fan. The gfx card fan is very quiet.

The rig is still on the becnh and will need to be dismantled again soon !

Reading all this now i look like having a stone age computer.......will upgarde it soon now.....all that i have is Athlon XP, 1024MB DDR RAM, 256MB G-FORCE - 4 Card........

hellscream666 said:
Reading all this now i look like having a stone age computer.......will upgarde it soon now.....all that i have is Athlon XP, 1024MB DDR RAM, 256MB G-FORCE - 4 Card........
Thats not a bad comp by any stretch of imagination. All of us have used Athlon XP chips sometime or the other before we upgraded to the A64s. I guess u'll do so sooner or later as well ;). BTW nice sig. I love Tristania :)

Back