Price updates from Lamington Road (Mumbai)

MAGNET said:
Had to check alot of things but damn there is no parking near lammy it took me 45 mins finding parking space.Does someone know some lane where i can easily park(i had to park all he way near dreamland to avoid towing).
it does not make sense getting your car for your purchases there. If you have too much stuff get a cab.
I remember getting my whole of pc carrying it in my two hands from lamington to borivali all this in less than 30 bucks :p 18 bucks for train ticket and 10 bucks for auto to home.

ggt said:
it does not make sense getting your car for your purchases there. If you have too much stuff get a cab.

I remember getting my whole of pc carrying it in my two hands from lamington to borivali all this in less than 30 bucks :p 18 bucks for train ticket and 10 bucks for auto to home.

Damn even traveling in train these days freely too is cumbersome.How come you did such stuff.

Btw it was not a cheap case else cab was the best bet.Anyways i 4got to say i was finding it difficult to park nano...lolz

I've carried my complete PC including cabinet and monitor from Lamington to Vashi using public transport. :p

Cab to CST. Train to Vashi. Auto from station to home. :p

MAGNeT said:
Had to check alot of things but damn there is no parking near lammy it took me 45 mins finding parking space.Does someone know some lane where i can easily park(i had to park all he way near dreamland to avoid towing).
Just After the opera house, right next to petrol pump (in front of TBZ jewellers) along the railway line there is a pay and park. You have to pay up to Rs.30 - rs.50 per hour though and leave your car keys with them.

Otherwise just go to the police chowkie where they keep the towed vehicles. Park it there and say I've towed my vehicle my self so no towing charge, only wrong parking charge of Rs.100/-. your vehicle is safe and secure. :D

MAGNeT said:
Damn even traveling in train these days freely too is cumbersome.How come you did such stuff.

Btw it was not a cheap case else cab was the best bet.Anyways i 4got to say i was finding it difficult to park nano...lolz
went in from the luggage compartment :p
too much room was there also it was saturday so the office crowds are relatively low. :)

bigbyte said:
Just After the opera house, right next to petrol pump (in front of TBZ jewellers) along the railway line there is a pay and park. You have to pay up to Rs.30 - rs.50 per hour though and leave your car keys with them.

Otherwise just go to the police chowkie where they keep the towed vehicles. Park it there and say I've towed my vehicle my self so no towing charge, only wrong parking charge of Rs.100/-. your vehicle is safe and secure. :D
Lol! :p

But why do you have to give your keys in the pay and park?

bigbyte said:

30 to 50 rs per hour.I better find a mall near and pay the same for 2-3 hours.And the place you mentioning is not near to lammy .

Best option is carry a friend and tell him to sit in car in no parking space.

Its not that there is no parking slots given.But god damn all are hijacked by dealers and bikes and those available are on no parking lane and you can easily make out on road that cars are towed as it looks a regular business for traffic cop.

One need to have idea about inner lanes where parking is less and also towing chances are low.I did found out last time but that was a year back and this time i just couldnt found that lane.Anyways the place where i parked also wasnt on main road near dreamland one can try there or it looks safe atleast for 2 hours trip.Just opposite pc guide go in take left and another left and done.

MAGNeT said:
30 to 50 rs per hour.I better find a mall near and pay the same for 2-3 hours.And the place you mentioning is not near to lammy .

Best option is carry a friend and tell him to sit in car in no parking space.

Its not that there is no parking slots given.But god damn all are hijacked by dealers and bikes and those available are on no parking lane and you can easily make out on road that cars are towed as it looks a regular business for traffic cop.

One need to have idea about inner lanes where parking is less and also towing chances are low.Just opposite pc guide go in take left and another left and done.

that exact spot you always find rashi peripherals truck parked there.
i think there the congestion is less and you can manage the parking.
but getting a car and the incumbent fuel costs takes out all the fun of the money saved in getting your PC dont you think?
because i generally see a difference of min 1.5k ~3K with local shops (unless you are looking for a premium brand in that case there is no way one is looking for money saved :p)

ggt said:
that exact spot you always find rashi peripherals truck parked there.

i think there the congestion is less and you can manage the parking.

but getting a car and the incumbent fuel costs takes out all the fun of the money saved in getting your PC dont you think?

because i generally see a difference of min 1.5k ~3K with local shops (unless you are looking for a premium brand in that case there is no way one is looking for money saved :p)

Even on that lane when i was going to collect my car i found one car to be towed out seeing the markings on road.

Yes mine was a premium brand .In fact i have stopped visiting lamington altogether.I normally used the dealers section.As for hdd i always found that local charges too high price than dealer section.Plus they are like they confirm the product but when you say you want particular model than they are not ready to help.Just want you to buy whatever they throw.

Than again you will have to go to prime.So better buy it at home.Only stuff i had to get was cabinet and for that i was not ready for shipping charges.Else i remembered i bought a cheapo cabinet once for 1200 with psu and that was delivery at 25 buks extra charge bya small shop.

ok here the solution

rich guys - can get their own car

middle-class guys - can get a cab

and poor guys (like me) - can get in a local

Emperor said:
Whats going here? is this PC market price update thread or Transportation Problem & Solution Thread :(
Emperor once in a blue moon such conversation can help.

Anyways i am out ogf this thread unless i have something helpful to post.

Checked out prices for blank dvd r from national.
They seem to be going up north.
50 pack is now costing minimum 375 bucks now :mad:
So is the price for a DVD writer.
Had seen prices around 800 bucks locally though now i see everybody is selling it for 1k or more.

There are no malls nearby Lamington Road where you can park your car. The places I mentioned are hardly 5 minutes walk and even after paying Rs. 30/hour it's not easy to get a parking space. The reason you've to leave your keys with the parking attendant is that he will park your car just behind already parked car and your car needs to be moved if he comes before you. The charges levied are a clear case of rules violation but even after numerous complaints not much action has been taken. But still this is the best option to park your car nearby, since it is better to pay 30/hour rather pay 300 rs, fine and risk your car getting damaged.

Another option is to park you car at Mumbai Central railway station for 30rs for three hours, carry your keys with you. Hire a cab to Lammy for Rs.20. Believe me, it may sound odd, but it is the safest option.

HP dvd 1260i =1000/-(bought today)

inquired for these and got the quotes

1 TB seagate barracuda 7200.12 =2750/-

2TB seagate barracuda =4200/-

ggt said:
HP dvd 1260i =1000/-(bought today)

inquired for these and got the quotes

1 TB seagate barracuda 7200.12 =2750/-

2TB seagate barracuda =4200/-

Did you buy blank DVD's also? What prices did you get there?

boogeyman said:
Did you buy blank DVD's also? What prices did you get there?

yep bought the national 50 pack DVD for 375/-(with box) ;)

bought it from a stall opposite PC guide .

there was a small kid along with an uncle.

Rest all were quoting it between 385~400 :mad:

Back