Price updates from Lamington Road (Mumbai)

Umm. guys, i went to lamington rd. today to grab MX2 thermal paste, well, it wasn't available anywhere, so, i opted for AS5, now that too most of them shops didn't have, then i went to primeabgb, he had it, so i had to pick it up, i got it for 550/- (3.5gm tube). Now then, when i returned home and told this to a friend of mine, and he provided me with a link stating that the same tube is going for 374/-

PRIMEABGB?

I didn't have a clue about AS5 pricing, as i wasn't looking for that, in knew pricing for MX2 which is 350/-.

Thoroughly disappointed.

link to the pricing: Arctic Silver 5 AS5-35G 3.5 Gram Syringe

^Yeah seems like the MX2 is in shortage. Prime gave me the same price for the AS5 but did not bother with that.

Any reviews for a sunrise store at lamington road.
The thing is they have opened an outlet in our local area. So If the pricing is at par to the market will buy something from there and would be saving considerable amount of time.

pushy said:
then which one did u buy?

i got it for PS3 and 360...if it remains, then will apply to CPU(Q6600)
I did not bother. Friends here luckily had some spare tubes of MX2 so loaned one. :p

It would be a good idea to apply it for the IHS' of the PS3 and X360 chips. But careful, it the consoles are under warranty don't bother with it.

stormblast said:
why not just pickup the tx4. its very similar in performance. im using it currently
Available at Prime?

Buggers didn't let me know of other alternatives when I had asked for MX2. :mad:

Lammy price on 11/4/2011

SEGATE & WD - 500 GB = Rs. 1600 and above. actually got a seagate 500 for Rs. 1650.
SEGATE & WD - 1 TB = Rs. 2650. +
SEGATE & WD - 2 TB = did not ask.

also got
Core i3 2100 from prime for Rs. 11850. (with Intel DH67BL-B3) had to spend nearly 5 hours at different dealers (including Mcann) they were too busy to respond. in the end decided to go with Prime because the other dealers kept trying to sell me H61 mobo for Rs. 11k +. one dealer (will remain unnamed) even went so far as to try and convince me that core2duo E7500 was a better deal in terms of performance and price.(only 2k less in cpu/mobo combo.) then tells me that I3 2100 is incompatible with H67 Chipset , buy H61 chipset.
the general feel of the market was that the super distributer for Intel is trying to sell Core i3s with H61. Core i5s with H67 and Core i7s with P67. wont break the combo for any reason. or will charge you upto 1k extra.

also none of them have the Gigabyte low end H67 mobos yet. would have loved to get that one. next time will probably try out Bitfang.com as the seem to have the most complete collection of manufacturers and products.

What is the minimum price of RAM (single stick of 4GB capacity) currently, & what store would you recommend buying it from? TY.

maddy143ded said:
one dealer (will remain unnamed) even went so far as to try and convince me that core2duo E7500 was a better deal in terms of performance and price.(only 2k less in cpu/mobo combo.) then tells me that I3 2100 is incompatible with H67 Chipset , buy H61 chipset.
You should rather mention it so others can stay away from such dealers in the future. There is absolutely no harm in exposing such frauds.

My friend bought these a few days ago, sorry don't know the shop names(but rates in most lami shops should be similar):

i3-2100 + Intel H61WW B3 - 9700/-

i5-2400 + Intel H61WW B3 - 13700/- (He asked the price of this but didn't buy this, went for the i3 due to 4k difference)

Corsair VX450 - 3450/-

Kingston 1x4 GB DDR3 - 2200/-

CM 310 elite - 1650

Logitech basic KB+optical mouse(both wired) - 650/- (still 650! i bought it for the same price 4 yearss ago!)

Back