PC Peripherals Problems with my new build

try the things with mobo stated above .

CORSAIR power cable do have FUSE inside it ........... u can get a converter easily in any electical shop ,to use it as normal one .

power cable pins are round ....but bigger in diameter ...right ?

-----------------------------
i think you have got defected PSU itself .

try using another PSU .
i have experienced it with my old rig (celeron)when PSU was dead of that rig .
it was in same condition as yours .......fans & mobo LED were on for 2-3secs & then it was off again .

Naga said:
Have u tried switching on the board by shorting the connectors (just to rule out any power button defects)?

Done. Power button defects ruled out.

Udit said:
use your old power cord & reset the cmos then try again :)

Done. Used a new power cord and reset the CMOS as well.

Cower Cord & CMOS problems ruled out.

Audi0slave said:
You can also try booting up with a single stick of RAM on your 1st or 4th DIMM slot ... not sure about this but it worked for me a couple of times.

Done. RAM problems ruled out.

Gaurish said:
Try removing HDD,Optical drive and Graphics card. plug only the essentials things. and see if it works. if yes then try adding things one my one.you will find the culprit

Done. HDD, OD and GPU problems ruled out.

Sudarshan_SMD said:
i think you have got defected PSU itself .

try using another PSU .

I've tested the same PSU on another PC and its working fine.

So, PSU problem ruled out as well.

rushabht said:
Its seems like the mobo is the problem. One of my friends faced a similar problem

Can you please describe the problem faced by your friend? Was it exactly similar to mine?

What else now? Seems to me like there's a problem with the motherboard itself. :( I've got it from Prime thru courier. Bought it on 26th July and received it on 2nd August. The 3 day DOA warranty doesn't apply here I think. What options do I have now?

Apex said:
Eh? Shripad (Funky) said that ASUS now offers quick off the shelf replacement for its mobos and P5Q is one of the cheapest and best P45 boards available in India currently.

I was not aware of any changes:ashamed:. I said that based on my experiences so far.

Apex said:
Done. Power button defects ruled out.

Done. Used a new power cord and reset the CMOS as well.
Cower Cord & CMOS problems ruled out.

Done. RAM problems ruled out.

Done. HDD, OD and GPU problems ruled out.

I've tested the same PSU on another PC and its working fine.
So, PSU problem ruled out as well.

Can you please describe the problem faced by your friend? Was it exactly similar to mine?

What else now? Seems to me like there's a problem with the motherboard itself. :( I've got it from Prime thru courier. Bought it on 26th July and received it on 2nd August. The 3 day DOA warranty doesn't apply here I think. What options do I have now?

Told ya, its your motherboard thats dead. Well he bought a P5Q,4GB G-Skill Ram, Corsair 650 Watt PSU, Intel E7200 C2D, we put all of this in a chieftec cabinet along with a Zebronics 7100 GS. The machine refused to boot up, so we pulled out the mobo and the rest of the components and tested it outside. Same result no display. Then we tried with one stick of ram in different slots, no display. Then we tried a different PSU, no display. Then came another graphic card, still no display. After which we came to the conclusion that the motherboard is dead. Because we tried each and every damn thing to make sure that the fault isnt from our side. BTW the good news is that prime does give a one week DOA warranty to their regular customers, just escalate the issue to gulbir and he should help you out with a brand new replacement. Also bikey told me today that the P5Q series have a 1-1 SWAP warranty from rashi, so you should not worry too much, and also the asus warranty has improved according to meenal and swapnil. But the question that comes to my mind is how come the new stock of P5Q motherboards that are arriving are DOA :S. Thats completely beats me :no:

rushabht said:
Told ya, its your motherboard thats dead. Well he bought a P5Q,4GB G-Skill Ram, Corsair 650 Watt PSU, Intel E7200 C2D, we put all of this in a chieftec cabinet along with a Zebronics 7100 GS. The machine refused to boot up, so we pulled out the mobo and the rest of the components and tested it outside. Same result no display. Then we tried with one stick of ram in different slots, no display. Then we tried a different PSU, no display. Then came another graphic card, still no display. After which we came to the conclusion that the motherboard is dead. Because we tried each and every damn thing to make sure that the fault isnt from our side. BTW the good news is that prime does give a one week DOA warranty to their regular customers, just escalate the issue to gulbir and he should help you out with a brand new replacement. Also bikey told me today that the P5Q series have a 1-1 SWAP warranty from rashi, so you should not worry too much, and also the asus warranty has improved according to meenal and swapnil. But the question that comes to my mind is how come the new stock of P5Q motherboards that are arriving are DOA :S. Thats completely beats me :no:

something similar happened with the xfx 650i ultra when it was new to the market. turned out it was coz of shoddy handling by the distry.

nd guess who the distry for xfx was?

sTALKEr said:
something similar happened with the xfx 650i ultra when it was new to the market. turned out it was coz of shoddy handling by the distry.

nd guess who the distry for xfx was?

Gayshree Peripherals Pvt. Ltd.

rushabht said:

I think shipping to and from Mumbai will take another two weeks atleast. If Rashi is indeed providing 1-1 SWAP for the P5Q mobos, I may as well take it to the nearest Rashi service center. Which according to you is the better idea of the two? I'm confused. :(

Apex said:
I think shipping to and from Mumbai will take another two weeks atleast. If Rashi is indeed providing 1-1 SWAP for the P5Q mobos, I may as well take it to the nearest Rashi service center. Which according to you is the better idea of the two? I'm confused. :(

IMHO, go and visit your local rashi office and see the response that you get from them. If they are ready to replace it asap, then prolly stick with them and get your motherboard replaced. Else mail gulbir and tell him the whole issue, he will definitely help you in getting out of this mess quickly.

The PC automatically shutting down and again restarting before the boot is completed is usually result of 3 things.

Something is short circuting. Usually this is why it behaves like this. Most likely reason as Easy has pointed out already.
I would suggest you take everything out of the system, assemble it on the table ( assemble it on the motherboard box ).
Install only bare minimum system. Connect only RAM, and GPU to the system and power it on. You should be able to go in the bios.

THe second possible reason is something is crapped out in bios. Take the CMOS battery out for good 5-10 minutes and then power the system on.

Motherboard being DOA is very unlikely thing to happen, so rule out other things before RMAing the board.

P.S. NEVER INSTALL THE HEATSINK ON THE MOTHERBOARD INSIDE THE CABBY :p

You put unnacessary pressure on the board without any firm support on the back of the board. This can and does damage the board :p

I am 90% sure its one of these problems that many people face while building new system.

yesterday 10pm assembled this system for my friend::

q6600

p5q pro(i am guessing this is what you have)

4gb ram

tx650

ran perfectly :p

only problem i faced is that i had to reseat the heatsink thrice coz 1 pin kept popping out :(

Shripad said:
P.S. NEVER INSTALL THE HEATSINK ON THE MOTHERBOARD INSIDE THE CABBY :p

You put unnacessary pressure on the board without any firm support on the back of the board. This can and does damage the board :p

True. Most silly thing to do. Always apply a support on the slots, from the other side, where the HS pins go in. You cant do it when its inside the cabby. It has lots of printed circuit layers and one of them is bound to crack if it bends.

This probably was a reason that my mobo went bad. Go through my threads of misery if you want to read more for symptoms.

Shripad said:
I would suggest you take everything out of the system, assemble it on the table ( assemble it on the motherboard box ).

Install only bare minimum system. Connect only RAM, and GPU to the system and power it on. You should be able to go in the bios.

THe second possible reason is something is crapped out in bios. Take the CMOS battery out for good 5-10 minutes and then power the system on.

Motherboard being DOA is very unlikely thing to happen, so rule out other things before RMAing the board.

Tried both and still the problem exists. :(

Renegade said:
True. Most silly thing to do. Always apply a support on the slots, from the other side, where the HS pins go in. You cant do it when its inside the cabby. It has lots of printed circuit layers and one of them is bound to crack if it bends.

This probably was a reason that my mobo went bad. Go through my threads of misery if you want to read more for symptoms.

I see but the funny thing is that both Intel and ASUS recommend you to install your CPU/HSF once the mobo is fitted inside the cabinet. :lol:

Nothing more to say than what has already been suggested byall, especially Eazy sir and Shripad sir. :ashamed:
_pappu_ said:
only problem i faced is that i had to reseat the heatsink thrice coz 1 pin kept popping out :(
Most probably coz the pushpin wasn't in the right position.
When an intel hsf is viewed from the top,
the tops of the black part of the pushpins have a small arrow indicating-
rotate anti-clockwise and pull up- to unlock.
While installing the hsf, looking at it from the fan side, one has to make sure all the black tops are pulled up and rotated clockwise (to the right) while holding the white part- before seating the hsf on the processor and pushing them into the hole.
So that the black tabs lock onto the the white portion- with a distinct 'click'.

And how does the info 'system built for frnd last night ran perfectly' help the O/P? :S

btw, got a replacement board from rashi today...:yahoo: their service rocks :p now everything is working fine. thanx a lot guys. :D

Apex said:
btw, got a replacement board from rashi today...:yahoo: their service rocks :p now everything is working fine. thanx a lot guys. :D

So off the shelf replacement worked right? First user on TE to successfully test the Rashi PR announcement lol.

Back