Programs you watch on Indian Television

^^ Arnab doesnt let people speak :D

I agree but most of these panelists take their participation in the debate as a platform to sing praises about their party. I have rarely seen a panelist answering a question.. rather they start with everything populist their party has done and completely sidestep the question. Names like Sanjay Jha and Surjewala come to mind.

Watched around 10 mins of Ajit Anjum's debate yesterday on how UP ministers are going on foreign "study" tours when people are freezing in tents in Muzzafarnagar. Excerpt:
SP MLA: Toh app ko kya lagta hai, agar videsh jaane waalien MLA India main rehta toh 2 lakh rupaih unke petrol pe nahi lagte?!
Ajit: Waah, yeh sahi hai.. paise bachaane ki nayi tarqeeb batai aapne.. India main phoonkne se accha videsh main phoonke

:p[DOUBLEPOST=1389254804][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah forgot to add, i do not read newspaper either. Just check the TOIlet website once a day for TP and nothing else.
I tried doing that too but it's a frigging shallow app. No editorials, no proper articles.. just snippets to read on the go.

LOL, the best scenes are the ones where the actresses are talking to themselves about the plot. It's as if the script writers don't want to write meaningful scenes at all, and just narrate the feelings and emotions of the character through dialogue. It's too funny to watch.

RSS:

Roundtable Silent Soliloquy.

thanks to startv and youtube, have started downloading 1-2 episodes of the Irfan Khan season of Mano Ya Na Mano and watching them on the TV a day.

There was a showChutki Baja Ke I really liked that show and there is no repeat on any of Z Channels

There used to good & original shows on zee tv in late 90's like saturday thrillers, gubbare, x-factor, darna mana hain.
Saturdays thrillers featured fine actors like kk menon, irfan khan etc who build their careers due these serials. Every week it showcased a different story

Just FYI for people who are tortured daily because someone in their family watches the stupid soaps on zee tv/ colors/ star tv and all that and you have to be subjected to that, life just got more pathetic for you all. Those crap saas-bahu shows will come 6 days in a week now.
Best of Luck. :p

Just FYI for people who are tortured daily because someone in their family watches the stupid soaps on zee tv/ colors/ star tv and all that and you have to be subjected to that, life just got more pathetic for you all. Those crap saas-bahu shows will come 6 days in a week now.
Best of Luck. :p

What?

I tried doing that too but it's a frigging shallow app. No editorials, no proper articles.. just snippets to read on the go.
The Hindu editorials are good.

Anyways I started NYTimes regularly and editorials and op-ed of The Hindu.

The Hindu editorials are good.

Anyways I started NYTimes regularly and editorials and op-ed of The Hindu.

Yeah just downloaded the Hindu app myself.. finally a good Indian news app. You should check out Al jazeera english news app as well. That channel is almost on par with BBC.

there was a show ek .. Do..teen. which was a 1 hour program which did a parody of hit hindi movies. (eg: a hindi movie mera gaon mera desh was titled as mera gown mera dress) :D
people like sumit raghavan were discovered there.
if people find its youtube links do share them

Last edited:
Does anyone remember Hotel Kingston? I know i really liked this show but do not remember a single scene.
It used to come on star one. Stupid Star network axed the channel (Life OK is bakwas)

there was a show ek .. Do..teen. which was a 1 hour program which did a parody of hit hindi movies. (eg: a hindi movie mera gaon mera desh was titled as mera gown mera dress) :D
people like sumit raghavan were discovered there.
Distinctly remember Sachin mentioning that somebody from the original movie (writer i think) was involved in the spoof as well.

Does anyone remember Hotel Kingston? I know i really liked this show but do not remember a single scene.
It used to come on star one. Stupid Star network axed the channel (Life OK is bakwas)

Yes, most def!
Wasnt my favourite program though.. That title went to Kya dil chahta hai. (Parineeta Seth was just too mesmerizing!)

Star one was a pretty good channel imo.

Back