Programs you watch on Indian Television

Some of the TV series DVD sets are available on Amazon India and Reliance home video site. I saw malgudi days, chanakya, some disney cartoons and some few other series on Amazon. Reliance's home video site is a pain to browse. Even search does not work properly.

Some of the TV series DVD sets are available on Amazon India and Reliance home video site. I saw malgudi days, chanakya, some disney cartoons and some few other series on Amazon. Reliance's home video site is a pain to browse. Even search does not work properly.

Mohandas BALLB, Mr Yogi, Mullah Nasruddin are on my list. Waiting for them to show up someday.

Can we compile list or Youtube channels or playlists for the awesome old shows which have been uploaded on youtube ?

Then maybe just posting the video code will be good for the thread. Will take up less space and wont effect the discussion too much either.

The 'thumbnails' add too much bulk.

I mentioned channel URLs and playlist links because if people start posting each and every episode link it would be too much clutter.

Has anyone noticed how this thread has turned into a nostalgic thread? We are no longer discussing what we watch on Television but what we used to. The best discussion so far has been off-topic.

Continue...
I think it became a nostalgia thread when it was a forgone conclusion that TE members don't watch programs on Indian TV (most equated it to watching sas-bahu serials :) )

Has anyone noticed how this thread has turned into a nostalgic thread? We are no longer discussing what we watch on Television but what we used to. The best discussion so far has been off-topic.

Continue...

we members are more enthusiastic in discussing about those shows of the yesteryears for a very apt & justified reason (jab badhiya manoranjan naye ke bajaaye puraane dhaaraavaahikon mein mile, to koi ye kyon le?! wo na le?! ;) ); the present crop of shows and their makers only have invited the wrath upon themselves! :mad:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

no mention of Surabhi here yet?! :eek:
fewer than few episodes available on youtube. :(

Continue...

Primarily, cause what we currently get is non-novel and utterly rubbish.

There is so much untapped potential in the television scene in India, but the producers and TV channels have chosen to overlook it. Even the teens are hooked on MTV/VTV/reality shows crap; the smart ones just download English TV series.

Let's just imagine that someone wants to make a highly entertaining TV show with great script, actors, music, etc... Do they have any option?

Continue...

1) Was inevitable. Any such thread would have had such nostalgic mentions, and cuz we dont have quality content coming, this would have been a natural course of action
2) We dont go near the tv these days apart from the odd sports/news or the dusting session. :rolleyes:

I pray for the infernal dance-shows to be phased out. Also the song-shows with morons like Anu Malik and panzy-gay-men (with earrings and kajal) giving high-brow advise. There is this dance show: where a fat / obese girl does the rounds. She seems to be the charm of everyone's heart with her overt over-acting and lame jokes targeting her glutton abilities and grotesque physique ill-suited for floor-dancing. I even see her at award functions now..! Groan-fest.

I remember sitting at friends house once: we knocked off a bottle of Sikkim Rum, and the whole time this damn show was playing. Why...why..why.........why...........why..........

She seems to be the charm of everyone's heart with her overt over-acting...

She isn't the only person who is overacting. Every Indian actor/actress in every Indian show/movie on every channel is over acting nowadays. The only way to stop them is 'Turn Off' the TV literally and hope that the reduction in viewership will result in good shows/movies with good actors/actress on a few good channels.

Once there was a person whose dying wish was that he be born to a celebrity. The person was reborn as Archana Puran Singh's kid. Now the person can't die soon enough.

LOL, the best scenes are the ones where the actresses are talking to themselves about the plot. It's as if the script writers don't want to write meaningful scenes at all, and just narrate the feelings and emotions of the character through dialogue. It's too funny to watch.

And the climax scenes? There will have a round table conference of the family, sans the table of course, and everyone is standing in the main hall. Each supporting character will take turns to approach the central character (sometimes the opposite), and everything will end on a happy note.

The same drama will be repeated in another format with different ingredients, but the recipe style remains the same.

Another unintentionally funny part of Indian television is the prime time debate, similar to Newshour on Times Now, but on the lower rung of channels. When I'm bored, I especially like watching debates conducted by the likes of Deepak Chaurasia on India News and Ajit Anjum on News 24.

Arnab might be biased sometimes, but his debates are generally conducted properly and people are mostly well behaved. The other channels are a different thing altogether:
- The news anchor/debate moderator shouts at the top of his voice
- His guests are shouting
- The debates are always highly biased
- Sarcastic comments in Hindi are much more awesome than in English :p
- The panel generally has a few vague, unknown people who are truly entertaining because they take this as their 15 mins of fame and go all-out in their performance.

All in all, good fun.

^^ Arnab doesnt let people speak :D

same for ravish on ndtv 24x7; doesn't let the panelists complete, keeps interrupting people with trying-to-be-funny jokes and jalebi-questions, and then says - "aapne mere sawaal ka jawaab nahin diya."

P.S. - the most loud anchor on all news channel debates combined?! amish devgan from zee business! seems to be commanding a battle-troop than a bunch of panelists.

I have no idea when was the last time i watched a news channel. I have banned myself from watching news channels.

i can write this with enough conviction that those who don't or seldom watch news channels today or/and read newspapers now-a-days, are more calm/happy/contended/at peace internally.

Back