Prototype - Discussion Thread

Re: Prototype

techster said:
*Supported Chipsets for Windows(R) XP and Vista
All NVIDIA® GeForce™ 7800 256 MB and better chipsets
All ATI® Radeon™ X1800 256 MB and better chipsets

I guess it should run on your rig. But just barely.

Ethan_Hunt said:
It's CPU limited. When the pedestrian & Vehicle concentration start increasing, the frame rates start taking a hit. I'm not sure how scalable it is @800x600 resolution, but I would rather not advice you to play it on that sloppy resolution. There is some intense physics calculations done in this game & so it won't be very stable during heavy action sequences.
:no::no:

Nevermind.. Just waiting for Virtua Tennis 2009 :hap2:

What started out as a disappointing and somewhat repetitive game...

...is slowly becoming one of the most hectic, action-packed games i've ever played.

The story is actually driving me to play further, which is what I am thankful for. Was it not for the somewhat-interesting plot, a.k.a. Spiderman WoS, I don't think i would still be playing this right now.

Minor Spoilers:

I'm currently transporting Ragland around in my tank looking to get samples from the Penn Station Corpses. Can't wait to get my damn powers back, using tanks and throwing cars is getting boring and I want my Whiplash and Hammerfist back!!

Went through a few CRAZY battles, especially trying to destroy the Blackwatch Specter vehicles. Jumping all over the place, avoiding Hunters, hijacking tanks, getting blown up, hijacking more tanks, shooting down choppers, trying to take down the detectors... AHHHH - it kicked my ass but it was memorable nonetheless.

I have been converted.

Whoa This Game is the BOMB i mean it is the best open world game i have played since GTA IV the animations are slick and in the graphics dept eventhough the textures were bit dull the game makes up for it by showcasing some really sweet lighting and post processing this is gottta be the best port for pc from console i really like to tear the city apart and enjoy some mind blowing action :D and this game is highly scalable it worked really well on my friends pc which sports a e4400 and a 8600gt ,2gigeres of ram.

kiranb28 said:
Went through a few CRAZY battles, especially trying to destroy the Blackwatch Specter vehicles. Jumping all over the place, avoiding Hunters, hijacking tanks, getting blown up, hijacking more tanks, shooting down choppers, trying to take down the detectors... AHHHH - it kicked my ass but it was memorable nonetheless.

agreed m8.thats a gr8 part in the game.also game is scaling very well.dont get less than 60fps in any part of the game (@ 1920x1080 everything maxxed out 4x AA).

The Black Spectre mission was crazy :p People may say whatever they want but this game is really good !!

This is the 2nd game that has given me a problem with serious sweating of my palms (I presume due to the heights that is involved in flying and stuff) :ashamed:

^Bah I saw some youtube gameplays and I kinda got some sorta adrenaline-rush feeling while he jumped off some 20 storey building. Sheesh!

Seems like a good one. I'll give a try sometime when I'm free.

PS: How do you rate the game? :p

very nice game, but at first i thought it was just another massacre game where you just had to kill.. but it got better with a nice story and mission :)

Gannu said:
^Bah I saw some youtube gameplays and I kinda got some sorta adrenaline-rush feeling while he jumped off some 20 storey building. Sheesh!

Seems like a good one. I'll give a try sometime when I'm free.

PS: How do you rate the game? :p

A definite play !! No question about it :D The side missions are good too :p

Got my Prima official guide for this game. It's fantastic & has very detailed info about the game, it's characters, weapons, mechanics, tips, enemies, detailed walkthrough, side missions & also the skill upgrades. Highly recommended if you want to explore the game in more detail.

Completed the mission where you have to follow the Hunter who captures Dana. The blade ability is awesome. It just slices through all the armed vehicles like knife on a salami, not to mention taking out those annoying hunter's with ease.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Got my Prima official guide for this game. It's fantastic & has very detailed info about the game, it's characters, weapons, mechanics, tips, enemies, detailed walkthrough, side missions & also the skill upgrades. Highly recommended if you want to explore the game in more detail.

Completed the mission where you have to follow the Hunter who captures Dana. The blade ability is awesome. It just slices through all the armed vehicles like knife on a salami, not to mention taking out those annoying hunter's with ease.

Just finished that part myself. Really enjoying the game and glad I gave it a real chance before deciding to uninstall it.

Have decided not to continue with the storyline till I explore and do some of the 'side-events' a bit more. I only have 32% of the Web of Intrigue unlocked too, so need to work on it a bit.

Clearing out the area with the Hunters, Tanks, and Choppers kicked my ass a few times (right after you catch up with the Super-Hunter who captured Dana) but finally got past it.

woah....just completed the first 2 levels and already in awe of this game..
brilliantly optimised...gives me 40 fps + on 1080p ... : )....all high

I cant seem to get rumble to work on my china controller. Anyone who has this, can u ples check and let me know. ......and yes i've enabled vibration in the Options menu.

Homer said:
I cant seem to get rumble to work on my china controller. Anyone who has this, can u ples check and let me know. ......and yes i've enabled vibration in the Options menu.
Have you installed the drivers? Just look up the manufacturer's website.

Metalspree said:
Stuck with a level.What do i do after killing the super soldiers??.There is no way to go out of the military facility

You need to restart the level :bleh: Happened to me as well. The second time I killed all Super soldiers, then consumed every single soldier and I was done :p

I'm on the last mission right now & the Supreme Hunter is just beating the sh*t out of me. Looks like Elizabeth Greene was a cakewalk compared to this guy. :mad:

Back