PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

Ethan_Hunt said:
I'm confused. I understand competition, but do you guys take other people's accomplishments so seriously? If you haven't JB'd your PS3 and you know you have Platinum'd the whole game, then why should some random peep hacking the Platinum trophy is beyond me. I always thought that trophies are a part of your personal accomplishment, so if you have done it honestly, I don't see why you should even bother looking at the other person.
not much seriosly

but when you compare you should atleast feel like you are competition and having a tight race

if the other guy has all the trophies and light years ahead,the competition isn't exciting

I tried it with my iPod 5.5G. Works well. Just a couple of things I am not sure of as to how to get a few games with single file sizes over 4 GB on to the PS3.

^Which is the fcuk up as of now. Sony's internal hard drive has a proprietary file format system which may not let you dump files > 4GB in size. A hack could probably resolve that as well.

SharekhaN said:
I tried it with my iPod 5.5G. Works well. Just a couple of things I am not sure of as to how to get a few games with single file sizes over 4 GB on to the PS3.

already solution available,google it and you will find it,i can't link it
Desecrator said:
^Which is the fcuk up as of now. Sony's internal hard drive has a proprietary file format system which may not let you dump files > 4GB in size. A hack could probably resolve that as well.
THE INTERNAL DRIVE ACTUALLY LETS you store files over 4gb,its the problem with the external

brickhouse said:
THE INTERNAL DRIVE ACTUALLY LETS you store files over 4gb,its the problem with the external
Oh! That's something new for me since I thought both the external drive (which supports only FAT32) and the internal drive with the proprietary file format system does not support transfer of files more than 4GB in size.

Desecrator said:
Oh! That's something new for me since I thought both the external drive (which supports only FAT32) and the internal drive with the proprietary file format system does not support transfer of files more than 4GB in size.
If you use the FTP application to transfer games which have individual files larger than 4GB, only then will the internal HDD be able to regonise it.

Desecrator said:
afaik if you try to copy a file that is over 4gb on a fat32 hdd it will not copy, but if you extract or create a file on a fat32 hdd which is over 4gb it will create the file.

(am not 100% sure about this though)

stormblast said:
afaik if you try to copy a file that is over 4gb on a fat32 hdd it will not copy, but if you extract or create a file on a fat32 hdd which is over 4gb it will create the file.
(am not 100% sure about this though)
Copying/Extracting a file over 4GB on a FAT32 drive isn't possible on a Windows platform. On the PS3, however, it can store files over 4GB even if the HDD is FAT32. I just read up on the Internet and found that the internal HDD uses some sort of encrypted ExFat file system, which probably allows single files above 4GB to be stored, if extracted or transfered via FTP.

Desecrator said:
FTP is the way to go

apart from transfer,the files over 4gb play too,not related though,just giving the info

Run 4+GB Files from External Fat32 HDD

inf1 from PSX-Scene has posted a tutorial on how to play PS3 game dumps containing 4gb+ files via external HDD. Many PS3 games use a type of compression known as .PSARC, an archived format for PS3, similar to WinRAR or WinZIP. The logical thing to do is simply extract them, and copy them over in smaller size :) .

There games that do not have PSARC compression so this method would obviously not work. Reply back with games you have, and found that have these file formats and we will try to keep a list here of all the games this works with.

1) Download PSARC Extractor

2) Extract zlib.net.dll and PSARC.exe to any folder.

3) Find any files more than 4Gb for example PS3_GAMEUSRDIRbuildmainpak22.psarc (5 596 444 529 byte)

4) Copy pak22.psarc into zlib.net.dll and PSARC.exe directory.

5) Extract pak22.psarc (just drag-n-drop pak22.psarc to PSARC.exe)

6) Now copy pak22 folder with extracted files to gamefolder PS3_GAMEUSRDIRbuildmain

7) Now you can delete pak22.psarc.

8.) copy PS3_GAME folder with game to your external fat32 usb hdd GAMEZUncharted2

9) use backup manager to load game, should work fine.

source link

Run 4+GB Files from External Fat32 HDD | PS3Hax Network

I just got the news that a new PS3 break released, and i am here to tell you guys this good news .

This is a lastest PS3 break product, it is called USb break . let's take a look at this.

Features of USB break :

★ Upgradeable hardware firmware thoroughly!

★ Reading speed will be 2 times faster and it makes users to play more smoothly.

★ Games can be copied and saved to internal or external hard disk, in this way, the expensive blue-ray driver and disc can be abandoned.

★ Plug & play USB port, the installation will be finished in a few seconds.

★ Homebrew software is supported.

★ Humanity instructions will guilde you to install.

★ USBbreak is compatible with all fat and slim model.

There are so many different PS3 break items in the market , just check it carefully and find your favourite one !

link source

USBbreak.com

http://www.nowsupplier.com/ps3break

Back