PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

u are right about the research part but i really didnt get it only for the jb or linux.it is just that i cant buy ps3 games everyday(expensive) and i get bored very easily so thought of having some fun...

I have 3.55kmeaw running fine on my PS3, with Multiman V2. I used Filezilla to transfer games from my PC to PS3, but i pathetic speeds of 2mbps :(

I then bought a 10m straight LAN cable and connected PS3 to my router. It improved the speeds, but only to ~11-12mbps.

I want to ask if that is the max speed achievable? (i have a BSNL router, and a Asus WL-500W wireless router).

sudhanshu123 said:
hey but what about some new about custom firmwares or some other os++ doing d job?i really wanted to do this and i also cant jb my system cuz its on 3.61.sigh i cant do anything thrilling with my system.damn how could they remove otheros function?**** you sony
Keep checking Ps3hax.net for latest on modding news. I ampretty sure they would JB 3.55+ soon.

does anyone know what firmware version the killzone bundle has in India? Google says 3.50 . Anyone bought any killzone bundles from croma and can confirm this ? Also, Will croma mumbai have any of the old <3.55 PS3 stock ? has anyone bought a ps3 from them lately ?

^^

Only way to check is the date of import stamped on the carton. If it says 2010, you are safe. 2011 is risky. You might get 3.56 core FW. KZ 3 would need 3.55 minimal.

raymasky said:
does anyone know what firmware version the killzone bundle has in India? Google says 3.50 . Anyone bought any killzone bundles from croma and can confirm this ? Also, Will croma mumbai have any of the old <3.55 PS3 stock ? has anyone bought a ps3 from them lately ?
Anything before Feb. 2011 is a safe bet IMO. Drop in at the lesser known outlets and get the console. Croma Surat is one if I may add but I suppose the outlet in Bombay might have some good sales relatively. :p

^^

Yups, those small Sony outlets which sell LCDs/cameras in most colony central markets....! I hogged mine from a similar place.

:)

'Breaking' news: Phat PS3s can be downgraded from OFW 3.6x. More details-http://www.ps3hax.net/2011/06/phat-ps3-firmware-3-6x-downgrade-via-infectus-waninkoko-brick-fix/

and it requires the Infectus mod-chip, which means soldering will come into picture. So people who have the experimental edge can definitely try it out. :p

Otaku said:
'Breaking' news: Phat PS3s can be downgraded from OFW 3.6x. More details-http://www.ps3hax.net/2011/06/phat-ps3-firmware-3-6x-downgrade-via-infectus-waninkoko-brick-fix/
Thats great news... This means that few months down the line we can expect a 3.60 cfw for real.

hellgate said:
Thats great news... This means that few months down the line we can expect a 3.60 cfw for real.
Let's hope for the best. From modchips to CFW, the PS3 modding scene has definitely improved!

If the Infectus mod chip becomes easily available, second hand PS3 market is going to be affected in a negative way (for sellers). I know of 3 people who are not able to sell their Phat ones 'coz the FW is 3.55+. Once people can downgrade any FW version, market would have more consoles with mod-able FW and that would bring down prices.

Back