PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

Our only hope lies in QA Flagging method to be fully uncovered. Without it, there is very bleak chance of a 3.60 CFW being available.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Our only hope lies in QA Flagging method to be fully uncovered. Without it, there is very bleak chance of a 3.60 CFW being available.
Is this what you had in mind? QA Flag: Downgrade Firmware 3.55 to 3.41/3.15 Tutorial | PS3Hax Network

Also another 'to get excited about' news-http://www.ps3hax.net/2011/06/gitbrew-confirms-that-they-are-working-on-a-possible-3-56-ps3-exploit/

In short, subscribe to Ps3hax.net RSS feed, and stay 'excited'! :)

vercetti said:
Showtime 2.99 out:)

Plays 1080p mkv's!!!

Just tried 2 1080p trailers and they ran flawlessly:)....AWESOME
Super news for many :p But thank god my TV plays every format i want it to :D (Thanks to Gannu for suggesting <3 )

i just installed the multiMAN v02.01.00 from USB, whenever i run it, it just comes back to XMB :( , m on 3.55KMAEW or whatever it is ;P, got the ps3 from vasishta bhaiya :D

If you have fresh installed multiMAN, then you would need to run the BDEMU.PKG file once, else your back-ups won't boot. None of the latest revisions of MM include this file by default.

yea just downloaded the full package and it does have it bmenu.pkg, also can i connect my ps3 to internet ? sushant told me not to do so otherwise u will get flagged by Sony, however m not particularly looking to connect my ps3 to internet, just need to access my lan, can i restrict the ps3 internet access via my router ?

Disable the auto-download option from settings. Why do you need the Internet? Assuming you're looking for an FTP transfer, use a standard LAN cable and connect it from your PC to your PS3.

There is no certainty. It could be 3.56 too, as few people have reported getting it with that firmware version too. So it's more of a gamble. But any older models would definitely have a lower firmware.

my ps3 is to be connected to my router which is connected to internet and my pc too (actually have a LAN of 10 PC's). So i assume disabling the auto-download will restrict the ps3 internet access, or for safety i should restrict the same from the router ?

thanks for clearing mate

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

its been too confusing for me to decide which firmware to use :(, just seen now that thr is some rebug firmware with otheros++ support, m looking to install linux distro on ps3, any helps ?

I'm blind-sighted as far as Linux is concerned, so I won't have any information on how that works. Nor have I explored the Rebug firmware. If you feel adventurous, then read up on some guides, weigh out the risks and then make a shift.

Back