PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

WOW! Someone actually has that artifact? I believe they were so limited that it could now be sold as a "Collectors Edition" model. Just joking.
<

Anyway, it doesn't really matter. Kmeaw's CFW should work on it.

Hey guys , I got a 1TB HDD with me. NTFS. Now i know the ps3 does not support NTFS and 1TB drives. I mean i've read it somewhere. Does anyone know how to get a 1tb and ntfs working on a ps3? Pretty noob in this part. Help!

You cannot use NTFS formatted drive to load and play games. It can only be used as a medium to transfer content to internal drive.

Now i know the ps3 does not support NTFS and 1TB drives.

That's a misconception. PS3 only doesn't support 1 TB internal. And that is cause there are NO 2.5" 1TB internal. External will be fine, more so as you have a 3.5" drive.

Actually ps3 not supporting 1 TB is a misconception. PS3 doesn't run 1 TB internal ONLY because there are NO 1 TB Internal 2.5" drives (yet). External 1 TB is not an issue, even more so a 3.5" drive.

The lineup of good exclusives not reason enough? What does X360 have in this regard? Halo, Gears of War, Forza. What else?

I'm not talking about exclusive you know what i mean.

BTW as far i know PS3 has unknown filesystem close to EXT3 saying this since linux boots on ps3 , so you can give it a try with EXT3

PS3 doesn't run 1 TB internal ONLY because there are NO 1 TB Internal 2.5" drives (yet).

There ARE 1 TB 2.5" internal drives, in case you weren't updated on the hardware front.
<

The only issue here being 1 TB drives have a height of 12.5 mm (owing to 3 platters) as opposed to the usual drives (750 GB and lower which have generally 2 platters) which have a height of 9.5 mm so those do not fit into the PS3 and most laptops.

Btw there is a workaround for fitting a 1 TB 2.5" drive into a slim console. Do a Google check.

20GB PS3? Do you meant the 40GB version?

Yes, I do have the 40 GB one. I haven't used mine in a long time, i tend to forget :)
Thanks for the info

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

WOW! Someone actually has that artifact? I believe they were so limited that it could now be sold as a "Collectors Edition" model. Just joking.
%3C

I just realized I have the 40 GB one, I guess I am not that lucky :)

Back