PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

Ethan_Hunt said:
So how does someone else hacking it to Platinum affect what you have done?
cause people really compete on the net with the amount of trophies you have,nothing great but just a friendly competition and if this hack works on PSN(unlikely but just saying cuase how people will not like it).

Ethan_Hunt said:
So how does someone else hacking it to Platinum affect what you have done?
pointless collecting plat trophies then....if sum moron can get it so easily, widout even playing the game once :mad:

I'm confused. I understand competition, but do you guys take other people's accomplishments so seriously? If you haven't JB'd your PS3 and you know you have Platinum'd the whole game, then why should some random peep hacking the Platinum trophy is beyond me. I always thought that trophies are a part of your personal accomplishment, so if you have done it honestly, I don't see why you should even bother looking at the other person.

Its more of personal satisfaction; thats the reason why no one looked at gamertag achievements as they were modified now people will start ignoring trophies too.

Not necessarily. Most trophy hackers will get ratted out. Be we good folks can still compete with trophies. And besides who would want to waste their jailbreaked ps3 just for showing off trophies, and he would know how soon his account/console is gonna be banned as soon as he goes online. or as soon as anyone finds out.

Ethan_Hunt said:
I'm confused. I understand competition, but do you guys take other people's accomplishments so seriously? If you haven't JB'd your PS3 and you know you have Platinum'd the whole game, then why should some random peep hacking the Platinum trophy is beyond me. I always thought that trophies are a part of your personal accomplishment, so if you have done it honestly, I don't see why you should even bother looking at the other person.

Take into consideration i add Dhruv(just an example :)) on my friends list. Since he has JB'd his PS3 he might get all the Platinum's unlocked. When I compare my trophies to his, he is on higher rank than me....coz of cheating. Also similar if I have not JB'd my Console, but got Plat on 4-5 games (hard earned :D), I can also come under radar for hacking the trophies :p

and as it is, once u know the trophies can be hacked, it will not give u a sense of satisfaction, which it used to give earlier. Trophies used to make us play more and experience all what has to be offered in the Game.

^yup...JB is important than all this small HBW's.....why can't people concentrate on how to work around this FW upgrade n we will all b happy :D

Does Jail breaking mean that people will be able to play p*ahem*d games on the PS3? What's the use if P*ahem*ed Blue ray games are not available. I have never even seen a blank Blue Ray disk.

baccilus said:
Does Jail breaking mean that people will be able to play p*ahem*d games on the PS3? What's the use if P*ahem*ed Blue ray games are not available. I have never even seen a blank Blue Ray disk.
no need to buy Bray disks. You can use your external hdd. Why else would be a huge success? :|

baccilus said:
Games are available all over the net to download u just need to open ur eyes and see them :| no need for a blu-ray

I managed to load about 5 Internet downloaded games on my PS3 today. I still have a lot of space on the Hard disk. I am assuming that i will have about 15 games in the PS3 itself. I don't like the idea of using an external Hard drive to play games. As this will slow the game badly. Each game is nothing less than 10-15GB. BTW i am using PSFreedom to hack my PS3. It plays awesome. Great Fun. I just played FIFA 10 and it was great.

Back