PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

Please help me run a game in ps3 from hdd

I purchased my ps3 today.
i install 3.55 Kmeaw into it, then installed multiman and bdrom emulator.
then i copied crysis 2 into my external hdd and tried to play it from multiman, but it says that please insert original disc to play.
i dont know what to do as this is my first time.

Thank you

then i copied crysis 2 into my external hdd and tried to play it from multiman, but it says that please insert original disc to play.

Thank you

U need atleast one original bluray disk inserted..to play games from hard disk....u can even use ps mive starter disk for that purpose...

Thank you

Bdw...from where did u find a 3.55?? And fr how much???

What is the status of the current PS3 Jailbreak scene? Is it possible to play UC3 backup, and the upcoming The Last of Us?

A local duty paid shop is selling a PS3 without warranty for 19k. The shopkeeper is obviously a noob. He isn't divulging any details other than saying that it IS possible to play "copied" games on it, and they will put some games on the internal 320 gig hard drive. Should I buy it, or not?

UC3 yes, The Last of Us hasn't even released. So if no CFW comes out by then, you'll have to rely on True Blue to probably release an EBOOT for it. But as always, you'll need their dongle.

What is the status of the current PS3 Jailbreak scene? Is it possible to play UC3 backup, and the upcoming The Last of Us?

A local duty paid shop is selling a PS3 without warranty for 19k. The shopkeeper is obviously a noob. He isn't divulging any details other than saying that it IS possible to play "copied" games on it, and they will put some games on the internal 320 gig hard drive. Should I buy it, or not?

You can play UC3 on a jailbroken ps3 with the help of cfw 3.55. But I cannot comment on the last of us as it is not even released yet!
Secondly about your ps3 purchase find some other as he might be lying to you about the ps3 playing backups secondly 0 warranty means the ps3 might be used as well. So head over to some showrooms find display pieces because those are usually <3.55.

Nope. UC3 has a stand-alone EBOOT fix along with a few other files. This game can be played without True Blue. However, the latest titles would need True Blue and to use True Blue, you need 3.55 firmware on your PS3. :p

I'd be sceptical about buying it from Ebay, they might be selling fakes.
Is it really possible to fake the PS3 hardware? If it was that easy we would have duplicates all over the place. Like the "Little Master" which was an NES clone - the one we all enjoyed playing Mario and Balloon Fight on. :p

EDIT: Oh you were talking about the True Blue dongle.... :ashamed:

Back