PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

Ok tks for replies. And its good to know fat model is to be avoided.

I am actually mad after gran turismo and dream of gt academy. That is the sole reason for getting console in the first place. As a long term benefit wanted to have jailbroken ps3. So didnt even think of xbox.

Was reading online about super slim jailbreaking and only option seems to be cobra ode. Isnt it good enough? Looks like it is the most preferred option after cfws.

On the sidelines what all things i need to check while buying used ps3? And used game disc?

And what would be price range for jailbroken slim ps3?

Check olx and quikr... many ads for slim model (with and without mod) are available....

@Harpy.eagle - If you are into Sim Racing especially Gran Turismo then you might as well go for a non modded console but Gran Turismo 6 needs a huge patch before you can go online and start playing. Also the game is well supported and is meant to be played online just like GT5 was. Offline the game is very dry and you don't earn credits for custom races and for good cars you need to grind a lot so might as well have fun online while doing it.

I have heard that cobra ode mod allows you to play online without getting detected unlike cfw but don't know it for sure.

I have not heard it for certain but if it does then it is good for you. If you lurk around you might find an used copy of GT6 pretty cheap and play online legit.

Modded console and used but original gt6, is this equation legit? I am a complete noob about consoles so asking same questions again...

I am keeping cobra ode option as last resort. Shall try getting slim console with cfw first.

Guys, is there a jailbreak OFW for 4.75, I am reading online it is as simple at copying a file onto a USB and updating via the usb media update method on the PS3, no other hardware required. Can someone please confirm? I am a noob and want to make sure, I dont ruin anything.

I prefer getting used games from olx/forums. Most older ones can be had for as low as 500/-. Once done playing, I sell that off again. Works best for me.

I prefer getting used games from olx/forums. Most older ones can be had for as low as 500/-. Once done playing, I sell that off again. Works best for me.

TE can have games exchange in major cities like Pune / Mumbai / Delhi..... etc. Majority of us have discs lying unused after completion ( I have around 10!)

Guys, is there a jailbreak OFW for 4.75, I am reading online it is as simple at copying a file onto a USB and updating via the usb media update method on the PS3, no other hardware required. Can someone please confirm? I am a noob and want to make sure, I dont ruin anything.

It's fake bud, don't fall for it. Currently, ODE is the only way to go.

Have a very old PS3 slim lying with me. It was jailbroken earlier but later got updated from 3.55 to some fw which wasn't CFWable then.
Can the JB be done easily on it and how much should I expect to pay for it ?

Ok tks for replies. And its good to know fat model is to be avoided.

I am actually mad after gran turismo and dream of gt academy. That is the sole reason for getting console in the first place. As a long term benefit wanted to have jailbroken ps3. So didnt even think of xbox.

Was reading online about super slim jailbreaking and only option seems to be cobra ode. Isnt it good enough? Looks like it is the most preferred option after cfws.

On the sidelines what all things i need to check while buying used ps3? And used game disc?

And what would be price range for jailbroken slim ps3?
you tried project cars? it has excellent support for force feedback wheels. Almost feel like real deal.

Back