PSA: Beware of buying PC components from too good deals on Flipkart

Some context: https://techenclave.com/threads/flipkart-feedback-thread.121483/post-2494906

Flipkart is selling years old stock in these very good deals that too without serial number on invoice. Even worse, some brands might not even give standard warranty from the date of invoice even if by some miracle flipkart does start including serial no. on invoice for such deals. Just found out that Zotac refused to give even their standard 2 years warranty on a graphics card which was purchased last month & instead counting warranty from "distributor invoice date" which is middle of last year so effectively getting 8 months warranty out of 2 years standard warranty on zotac card purchased in oct 2023.

P.S. Can someone publicize this on /r/Indiangaming

People in reddit will blame you for buying from FK, too many scams from FK & poor support.

Some govt. official needs to look into them out of spite, then only situation will improve.

I have bought a 6700 from them in Q1 2023, but my invoice didnt have the s/n of gpu on it.
It was the same for couple others whom i asked in reddit.
Can someone confirm/upload an invoice of a gpu from fk that has a sn.

People in reddit will blame you for buying from FK, too many scams from FK & poor support.

Some govt. official needs to look into them out of spite, then only situation will improve.
It was an open box delivery so no chance of scam/fake/physically damaged product & I don't mind the old stock with such reduced warranty as long as they are upfront about it & give appropriate discount (aka similar to what is available in used section here with similar remaining warranty period) instead of paying "very good deal price".
I have bought a 6700 from them in Q1 2023, but my invoice didnt have the s/n of gpu on it.
It was the same for couple others whom i asked in reddit.
Can someone confirm/upload an invoice of a gpu from fk that has a sn.
Forget about serial no., first confirm from brand whether you will even get warranty from the invoice date because if the stock is too old (say around 1 year or more difference between mfg & fk invoice date) then it doesn't even matter if invoice has serial no. or not.

We need lawyers who deal with consumer court cases. The government has already laid down the law. I hope someone will enlighten us
NAL, but one of the options on INGRAM is misleading advertisement. FK can't advertise X years warranty when in fact you get much less than that.

INGRAM.jpg

NAL, but one of the options on INGRAM is misleading advertisement. FK can't advertise X years warranty when in fact you get much less than that.
Here's the kicker, the flipkart invoice actually mention warranty as "NA" & currently their product page display this:
1700602940727.png

And on a recent presumably new stock card it shows like this:
1700603082913.png

Did it show this at the time of purchase?
Don't remember now but that's even worse because it means now one has to take screenshots of product page on flipkart before buying anything expensive just like making product unboxing video after delivery of product.

It was an open box delivery so no chance of scam/fake/physically damaged product & I don't mind the old stock with such reduced warranty as long as they are upfront about it & give appropriate discount (aka similar to what is available in used section here with similar remaining warranty period) instead of paying "very good deal price".

Forget about serial no., first confirm from brand whether you will even get warranty from the invoice date because if the stock is too old (say around 1 year or more difference between mfg & fk invoice date) then it doesn't even matter if invoice has serial no. or not.
FK is shitting on the customers & they hope general people don't find out. Sadly they have exclusivity deals for certain items, so have to buy from them. People ignoring them like plague will push them to do better but people are ignorant & we as consumers will likely lose.

IMO file a consumer court complaint against FK:

Take as many screenshots & screen recordings as you can, like a screen recording of you going from your order page to the bought item where the warranty is shown. I have never filed a consumer court complaint but do your research & consult a lawyer if you know one among friends & family.

Take as many screenshots & screen recordings as you can, like a screen recording of you going from your order page to the bought item where the warranty is shown.
If I knew I had to do all that then I wouldn't have ordered in the first place. As far as I know flipkart/sellers there are not supposed to sell anything labelled as "new" with warranty status as "N/A" if that product indeed comes with manufacturer warranty. I will definitely raise the issue in national consumer helpline as well as look into filing a chargeback request on my credit card (might have to sacrifice my one & only flipkart acc though but I am fine with that because if this is the situation then I doubt I will be buying much from there anyway even if it means letting go of fk exclusive deals/products). I know someone on another forum who faced an issue with his laptop & successfully filed chargeback against flipkart & got full refund based on proofs given by him (replies from manufacturer as well as flipkart non-action).

If I knew I had to do all that then I wouldn't have ordered in the first place. As far as I know flipkart/sellers there are not supposed to sell anything labelled as "new" with warranty status as "N/A" if that product indeed comes with manufacturer warranty. I will definitely raise the issue in national consumer helpline as well as look into filing a chargeback request on my credit card (might have to sacrifice my one & only flipkart acc though but I am fine with that because if this is the situation then I doubt I will be buying much from there anyway even if it means letting go of fk exclusive deals/products). I know someone on another forum who faced an issue with his laptop & successfully filed chargeback against flipkart & got full refund based on proofs given by him (replies from manufacturer as well as flipkart non-action).
All is well when you buy from FK till you find an issue.

3 years or so back I wanted to buy a phone for cousin on sale which never got shipped, then took 1 month of follow ups to get a refund. Our FK usage dropped significantly after that. Sadly still have bought a few items from it, mostly exclusive stuff or say for preferable card offer.

@guest_999 Try filing a complaint on Ingram first
That is indeed on the cards once flipkart gives its final reply in this matter & it is not agreeable. If they decide to take back the product & issue full refund then it is acceptable.
All is well when you buy from FK till you find an issue.

3 years or so back I wanted to buy a phone for cousin on sale which never got shipped, then took 1 month of follow ups to get a refund. Our FK usage dropped significantly after that. Sadly still have bought a few items from it, mostly exclusive stuff or say for preferable card offer.
True. I just never faced such an issue before on Fk in all these years of shopping. Now planning on not buying any pc component from there unless it is processor or something I know for sure is not released in India for more than 6-7 months ago or something with very long warranty just based on serial no. like those 10 years warranty psu/ram where I will still get at least around 8 years of warranty just based on serial no.

Last edited:
If flipkart offer a take back of card with full refund should I take it. I will wait for a good deal on zotac 3050 then on md/vedant/prime etc. with full 5 years warranty or inno3d with full 3 years warranty.
@OMEGA44-XT @n1r0

If flipkart offer a take back of card with full refund should I take it. I will wait for a good deal on zotac 3050 then on md/vedant/prime etc. with full 5 years warranty or inno3d with full 3 years warranty.
@OMEGA44-XT @n1r0
IMO, don't accept return + refund.
What they did was fraud. And then there's many others who bought it at the same expecting full warranty.
If left unchecked, Fk & Az will keep conning unsuspecting customers and maybe even sell the card that you returned.
My suggestion is to file a consumer complaint against them and claim damages for being defrauded with an inferior value product, not the one advertised on the website. Offering a refund won't nullify their wrongdoing, it's an attempt to sweep it under the rug.

@OMEGA44-XT @n1r0
It will be the more convenient solution for you. You can consider buying a used GPU maybe, budget GPUs are not powerful enough.

IMO, don't accept return + refund.
What they did was fraud. And then there's many others who bought it at the same expecting full warranty.
If left unchecked, Fk & Az will keep conning unsuspecting customers and maybe even sell the card that you returned.
My suggestion is to file a consumer complaint against them and claim damages for being defrauded with an inferior value product, not the one advertised on the website. Offering a refund won't nullify their wrongdoing, it's an attempt to sweep it under the rug.
Ideally this does sound better but don't want to spend more time & effort on this.

It will be the more convenient solution for you. You can consider buying a used GPU maybe, budget GPUs are not powerful enough.
I don't need much powerful card, this is mainly for gpu accelerated softwares & not gaming per se (maybe some casual gaming in future).

Ideally this does sound better but don't want to spend more time & effort on this.
I think for transactions under 5L you don't even need to hire a lawyer, you can file the complaint yourself for free. Meanwhile you get to keep using the GPU, instead of risking damage again in transit to return to them

I think for transactions under 5L you don't even need to hire a lawyer, you can file the complaint yourself for free. Meanwhile you get to keep using the GPU, instead of risking damage again in transit to return to them
That would be sort of a last resort & I am pretty sure that after doing that my one & only flipkart acc will be cancelled. As for transit damage, I don't think that is applicable in such case but just for the sake of it I will ask for written confirmation that pickup guy will physically inspect the product & once that is cleared there will be no further responsibility on my part & I will get the refund.

Back