Budget 0-20k PSU, Ram, SSD, Cpu Cooler buying help needed !

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
Hello Everyone,
I might be in a need to buy a new smps, a nvme 1tb ssd and ram or rams. what I own now is RM750 which was GS600 replacement when the RM series itself was launch in USA. so 7 to 8 years I suppose. Its giving me issue now and so need to buy new one.

I am complete noob when it come to understanding and buying a psu unit, and amount of rams.

For Cooler I was first looking for AIO but then decided for an air cooler. but now with RTX 3000 series like condition is air cooler safe ? currently temps on stock cooler reaches 84 max and I don't have ac so room temp is also high as of now when this happen.

Noctua D15 Chromax for INR 8.7k is what I am looking forward.

For psu what is on my mind is a 1000W unit as of now, at lets when it was costing less the 13k but now primeabgb is showing 13.2k for ANTEC HCG 1000W EXTREEM and I am confused. after RTX 3000 series launch one question which was added to my mind is if I need more WATTS or not. I might add a second hand amd gpu to run a complete Hackintosh system if VM is now up to mark. so this will be like having 2070 super + ( RX5700XT / RX580 )

For ssd I was looking for Corsair mp600 1tb or Samsung 970 evo plus 1tb. 1k difference i suppose in both but one is evo is gen3 and mp600 is gen4 pci-e.

For Ram currently I own 16gb x 1 3200C16 from corsair but planing to buy 1 or 3 more x 16gb to either make a 32gb kit or 64gb kit. But do I need that is a question on my mind.

Normally I go gaming and stream from the same pc. Now I will need to run VM for mac also on the setup. Software such as adobe After Effects is something I using while editing stuffs for my streaming. Premium Pro for recorded video processing. but they are not like everyday as of now. what should I go for then ? 32gb dual channel setup or 64 gb quad channel setup ?

currently my setup is :
1) Amd 3900x oc to 4.2Ghz at 1.2v.
2) 16gb x 1 corsair vengeance for now. in future it can go up to 64gb max.
3) Galax 3 fan 2070 super.
4) 6 x 120mm case fans as of now. 3 of them are rgb from cooler master td500 mesh. will be adding 1 x 120mm
5) 1 sata HDD. 1 sata ssd. in future 2 total sata HDD as i have one from my old rig and is laying around with my data :p
6) mother board is msi b450 tomahawk max.

My post is a bit mess I suppose but this are the future requirements for the system. Please guide me so that I can have the VFM thing in my system ;)

air exhausted by rtx 3080 fe is only little warm ,you can use an air cooler with no problem,
D15 is top of the line air cooler it can handle 3900x (check for compatibility issue D15 is a massive cooler )
go for at least dual channel 32 gb is enough since you are not editing full time
are you using 2070 inbuild streaming?

If you have unlimited budget then you can go with Corsair RMx 1000Watts PSU, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD, G.Skill TridentZ RGB 16GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
Or else
If you are budget limited like me then you can go with Antec EA 750G Pro 750Watts PSU, Intel 660P 1TB SSD, G.Skill RipJaws V 16GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM or even can go with cheaper RAM but higher clocked like G.Skill SniperX 16GB 3600Mhz DDR4 RAM avaialble from primeabgb.com

All above components prices are taken from vedantcomputers unless otherwise specified.

PS: I am using the exact same configuration of the later set and am not facing any problem what so ever.
The below is your PSU requirement based on your configuration specified above. Just check it once.
FFkVpOV.png

So you dont need PSU not more than 750Watts.

If you have unlimited budget then you can go with Corsair RMx 1000Watts PSU, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD, G.Skill TridentZ RGB 16GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
Or else
If you are budget limited like me then you can go with Antec EA 750G Pro 750Watts PSU, Intel 660P 1TB SSD, G.Skill RipJaws V 16GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM or even can go with cheaper RAM but higher clocked like G.Skill SniperX 16GB 3600Mhz DDR4 RAM avaialble from primeabgb.com

All above components prices are taken from vedantcomputers unless otherwise specified.

PS: I am using the exact same configuration of the later set and am not facing any problem what so ever.
The below is your PSU requirement based on your configuration specified above. Just check it once.
FFkVpOV.png

So you dont need PSU not more than 750Watts.

Does this consider a dual gpu setup like 2070super and a rx5700xt if I need windows and Mac in one PC ? By the way is it even a thing [emoji28]

Also I am thing of being future prof go was considering a 1000watt SMPS

For ram as I said I am already running a 16gb x 1 c16 3200mhz vengeance’s so I will and a similar so stick or 3 of them for making a total of 64gb. Right now 32 go is definitely what I am looking at as I have found while streaming, around 15gb plus minus is constantly consumed. With up coming titles this scenario might change.

Ssd is either mp600 or evo 970 plus. Corsair is expensive but can hit 4.9 GHz speed rate when I will up grade in future like in 2023 or 2024. That is what at least on my mind. Or if I will go for dual gpu setup, board will also need a change I suppose.

Last edited:
Does this consider a dual gpu setup like 2070super and a rx5700xt if I need windows and Mac in one PC ? By the way is it even a thing [emoji28]
Nowadays Dual GPU setups are not the norm rather buying a big single GPU is the norm and I think your RTX2070 Super is great for your requirements and I dont have an inch of knowledge regarding Macintosh setups. Wait for some others to suggest you on this.

Also I am thing of being future prof go was considering a 1000watt SMPS
What exactly do you mean by future proofing? Nothing is future proof except buy the latest & be good for next 3 or max 5 yrs!
Dual gpu or sli is a thing of past now. A good single card is way more capable to churn out the performance than headaches of dual gpus.
Also, 1000w will be an overkill as mostly today you are good with 650w as well for most setup. 750w is way more sufficient. Anything excess is ultimately your choice as you aren't going to run something which will even touch 800w.
All gpus are compatible with Mac/Linux setup provided you check for the most stable drivers.

What exactly do you mean by future proofing? Nothing is future proof except buy the latest & be good for next 3 or max 5 yrs!
Dual gpu or sli is a thing of past now. A good single card is way more capable to churn out the performance than headaches of dual gpus.
Also, 1000w will be an overkill as mostly today you are good with 650w as well for most setup. 750w is way more sufficient. Anything excess is ultimately your choice as you aren't going to run something which will even touch 800w.
All gpus are compatible with Mac/Linux setup provided you check for the most stable drivers.

I have not seen anyone able to round and rtx card on Mac recently. And amd is in different league. Maybe if big navi is a hit, I might sell my 2070 super and get the navi but again as I also stream on windows 10 where then NV link helps from nivida. I was considering and card for macOS and nivida card for windows.

Also I have a Gtx 760 in n my old rig used by my friend. If needed, I can get that onboard but again power is what confuses me.

Look at running unraid server..it will let you assign secluded hardware to each vm...however you need to check if it support running hackintosh...

Either with 760 or 3080 the power requirement is min 600w.
View attachment 90810

the difference in any given smps 850watt and 1000watt is 2.7k so confused above how I should go about it. looking for a 10 year smps warranty. primeabgb shows everything stockout. other alternative is from corsair rm series and ti cost 12k around. corsair hx750 is also 12k +
Post automatically merged:

Look at running unraid server..it will let you assign secluded hardware to each vm...however you need to check if it support running hackintosh...

I would prefer the hackintosh then instead selecting and giving the hardware to vm.

the difference in any given smps 850watt and 1000watt is 2.7k so confused above how I should go about it. looking for a 10 year smps warranty. primeabgb shows everything stockout. other alternative is from corsair rm series and ti cost 12k around. corsair hx750 is also 12k +
Take my word settle for 850w max if you are so much concerned.

I am looking into Antec HCG 850 Watt. also what ssd should I go for ?

1) GIGABYTE AORUS 1TB M.2 2280 PCI-Express 4.0 x4 3D TLC NVMe Gen4 SSD GP-ASM2NE6100TTTD
2) CORSAIR Force Series MP600 1TB Gen4 PCIe x4 NVMe M.2 SSD CSSD-F1000GBMP600
3) Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe Internal SSD MZ-V7S1T0BW
4) SAMSUNG 970 PRO M.2 2280 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD MZ-V7P512BW

last one is just an option as some one I know needs a 512 gb ssd but it should perform at this level.

I am looking into Antec HCG 850 Watt. also what ssd should I go for ?

1) GIGABYTE AORUS 1TB M.2 2280 PCI-Express 4.0 x4 3D TLC NVMe Gen4 SSD GP-ASM2NE6100TTTD
2) CORSAIR Force Series MP600 1TB Gen4 PCIe x4 NVMe M.2 SSD CSSD-F1000GBMP600
3) Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe Internal SSD MZ-V7S1T0BW
4) SAMSUNG 970 PRO M.2 2280 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD MZ-V7P512BW

last one is just an option as some one I know needs a 512 gb ssd but it should perform at this level.
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVME SSD is the way to go.
Or
If you can cheap out and can compromise on speed not like Samsung 970 EVOs speeds then you can go with

Intel 760P 1TB NVME SSD

I am using Intel 660P 1TB and am happy with it.

Go with Antec EA 850Watts Gold SMPS.
I am using the same 750Watts SMPS since last year November and its working fine.

now the only thing remaining is ram. I have one 16gb 3200 cl16 corsair vengenace. planing for one more as of now. but is it good for vmware, gaming, streaming and video editing ? I mean 32gb is enough or should I plan for 64gb !

now the only thing remaining is ram. I have one 16gb 3200 cl16 corsair vengenace. planing for one more as of now. but is it good for vmware, gaming, streaming and video editing ? I mean 32gb is enough or should I plan for 64gb !
I think 32GB is more than enough.
But for suggestions from some more members of this forum.

Back