What gets me about that laser guided business is it doesn't it require someone on the ground to light up the target ?

Meaning we'd need some guys on the site already infiltrated in.

Not impossible but if the idea is to get in and out without any extra hassle then having people on the ground is a risk.

Not necessarily. The target can be lased by a drone or (most likely in this case) by one of the aircraft used in the strike itself.

..And win the next elections.

We will see

https://www.dailyo.in/politics/miss...ma-attacks-benefit-pm-modi/video/1/29542.html

That video was made five days ago.

What Rajdeep says is exactly why i thought timing was bad, and this test is probably the hardest one Modi had to face to date.

Question is will Modi pass the test ?

Rajdeep says only if the damage done is precise, extensive & visible.

Whether the attack is a decisive military victory.

Decisive for Rajdeep means the attack must have deterrent value. And this isn't exactly clear to me as yet. In fact i'd argue the opposite, its a punitive strike no different than the last one.

More daring than the last one. Precise according to what our side says. Extensive too if we take casualties into account but that will be difficult to verify.

Thing is we would not have this one if it wasn't for the lessons learnt from the last and the last was notable for indicating a change in stance away from patience.

I think Modi has done well with this strike. If he puts his name on it like the last time then he stands to reap the rewards of the risk too.

Last edited:
Not necessarily. The target can be lased by a drone or (most likely in this case) by one of the aircraft used in the strike itself.
Here's the answer

Crucially, SPICE does not require the user to risk an aircraft or SOF team for laser target designation. The weapon is launched on GPS/Inertial guidance, with image reference for terminal homing. Exposure to hostile fire is minimal or nil.

No lasers

is it just me or someone else being bothered by the number on the bomb being 123456789?
https://twitter.com/OfficialDGISPR/status/1100231826348617728

Don't even bother. There are a bunch of fake videos and photos being spread on social media from both sides. At this point there is nothing concrete except that a air strike was done. No concrete evidence for anything else. I seriously doubt any military evidence would be released to the public. The fake stuff is good enough for the idiots.

Just a few days back, some bhakths had posted video of "Rafale" doing stunts and obviously all bhakts were feeling smug and proud of it as if buying a plane from another country is some sort of achievement. But turns out that it was a RC plane.

As for me, I'll believe this bombing news when IAF releases videos and pics of the site before and after the bombing happened. All planes have some sort of inbuilt camera with infrared vision and the footage must have been recorded for higher ups to see. If drones were used, then even more reason to get better quality videos and photos. Maybe release 2-3 military satellite pics too while they're at. By now everyone knows India has some military satellite pointing down towards POK 24/7.

This is the kind of stuff that the bhakths spread around to make a mockery of the lives lost in the line of duty. I tell you, people like this are the cancer of this nation.

--------------------------------

Date: 26 January 1992,

Terrorists had announced that if anyone comes to Lal Chowk, Srinagar and hoists the national flag, then they won't return back alive to their home

Seperatists also supported this but 2 people from BJP accepted the challenge and started their journey from Kanyakumari and reached Jammu on morning of 26 January 1992. From there they took a helicopter to reach Srinagar and in a event which lasted 15 minutes, they hoisted the national flag and concluded the event by singing the national anthem

During this time terrorists blasted 5 bombs but the person hoisting the flag did not move even a inch and after completing the event, he marched to the car, got in the car and reached the helicopter to return back

And you think that person will stay silent on the martyrdom of 45 brave soldiers. If you think like that then you need good treatment

The 2 persons were Murli Manohar Joshi and Narendra Modi and the person who hoisted the national flag, sung the national anthem and marched to his car was none other than Narendra Modi

Have patience. Narendra Modi has more fire than us in his heart.

Last edited:
As for me, I'll believe this bombing news when IAF releases videos and pics of the site before and after the bombing happened. All planes have some sort of inbuilt camera with infrared vision and the footage must have been recorded for higher ups to see. If drones were used, then even more reason to get better quality videos and photos. Maybe release 2-3 military satellite pics too while they're at. By now everyone knows India has some military satellite pointing down towards POK 24/7.

IAF has no need to release any evidence or prove anything to the public. A professional involved in the security of the country doesn't care for cheap stunts. It is the politicians who need stuff to rally the idiot troops and as a result you see all the fake stuff doing the rounds.

Here's the answer

No lasers
AFAIK the bombs were not of the JDAM standard i.e. the ones which need GPS/inertial navigation.

In case of laser guided bombs the laser designator can be on the aircraft as well.e.g. the SNIPER/LITENING pods. In fact the laser designation in 90% of deep interidiction strikes are carried out by the killer aircraft itself. During the Vietnam war when these Paveway LGBs came into existence around 1968 they used hunter killer tactics where one aircraft lased the target and another dropped the munition. This was due to the fact that the first gen pods were pretty heavy and ate up ordnance space on the F4 Phantoms.

Last edited:
IAF has no need to release any evidence or prove anything to the public. A professional involved in the security of the country doesn't care for cheap stunts. It is the politicians who need stuff to rally the idiot troops and as a result you see all the fake stuff doing the rounds.

Then why mention anything about the bombing at all? Should have kept quiet from the beginning and said India did nothing. If they are claiming they sent Mirage 2000 fighter planes to bombard terrorist camps and killed terrorists then prove it. If they don't prove it, there are news media like Reuters who have gone to the villages Pakistan near the place that was attacked and villagers say the place having the JeM people in a mosque is still standing and nothing was destroyed. And the only person injured was a man sleeping who was hit with something while he was asleep in his home. If the Indian govt and IAF is claiming causalities then they should be ready to show the evidence.

Don't mistake me to not be a non patriotic person. I am patriotic, but I don't want the rest of the world laughing their asses off at the failure of the Indian Air Force and India as a whole when they dropped bombs hundreds of feet away from the target and came back. Even commercial drones, cameras etc being sold to civilians now have some very good night time optics now. 4am in mountains is like twilight conditions. Its enough light for night vision optics to get clear pictures and for the pilot to take a good aim at a mosque or wherever the terrorists were hiding. If the planes didn't have night vision or any good night time capabilities why did they even try doing this? Why didn't they use the SU-K30MKi which is much better and has longer range of flight? If you're going to attack something in the dark, you very well make it 100% and not make a laughing stock of the country! If no one died, is the Indian Air Force going to take responsibility and go again after the target? Will they apologize for making Indians look like fools? Both answers will be no because no one in higher positions knows how to apologize or take responsibility here. If no one died then they look like clowns now.

She keeps banging on about this..

View attachment 78937

Why would the PA want another term of Modi & Doval ?
This does make a lot of sense.

BTW thanks a lot for sharing her article in one of your previous posts.

The way Paki army maintains its grasp on the country is by making up India to be a bigger threat than it actually is and portraying themselves as the sole defender of the nation. Same tactics as used by Bush and Cheney to win their reelection and shore up domestic surveillance. This is the ypical hardliner authoritarian strategy we have seen during the course of history with Reagan,Duterte, Erdogan, Viktor Orban ,Trump et all. They try to make an enemy e.g. Mexicans seem a bigger threat than they actually are and rile up their base with fear. People always go for hardliners when they are scared as we have seen so many times.

If we come to peace with them then Paki army loses their 25% chunk of Paki GDP and massive political power as well.

Modi gets to sail through the reelection by reaping the deserved benefits of this strike and everything else will be forgotten in the hype of nationalistic righteousness.But then again I want him to win this time since I think that every government should last for 2 terms but never the 3rd term. A major win would be a bad thing though as BJP will start its usual communal crap yet again if they are emboldened by the electorate.

So funnily enough the Indian government elite and Paki army elite have a symbiotic advantage with each other for thier respective power bases in their own countries. The only people dying are the common grunts and TBH no one at the higher echelons ours or theirs gives a crap about them unless its to their advantage. But this is common behavior across all ruling elites over the course of human history so no surpises there.

Last edited:
Then why mention anything about the bombing at all? Should have kept quiet from the beginning and said India did nothing. If they are claiming they sent Mirage 2000 fighter planes to bombard terrorist camps and killed terrorists then prove it. If they don't prove it, there are news media like Reuters who have gone to the villages Pakistan near the place that was attacked and villagers say the place having the JeM people in a mosque is still standing and nothing was destroyed. And the only person injured was a man sleeping who was hit with something while he was asleep in his home. If the Indian govt and IAF is claiming causalities then they should be ready to show the evidence.

Don't mistake me to not be a non patriotic person. I am patriotic, but I don't want the rest of the world laughing their asses off at the failure of the Indian Air Force and India as a whole when they dropped bombs hundreds of feet away from the target and came back. Even commercial drones, cameras etc being sold to civilians now have some very good night time optics now. 4am in mountains is like twilight conditions. Its enough light for night vision optics to get clear pictures and for the pilot to take a good aim at a mosque or wherever the terrorists were hiding. If the planes didn't have night vision or any good night time capabilities why did they even try doing this? Why didn't they use the SU-K30MKi which is much better and has longer range of flight? If you're going to attack something in the dark, you very well make it 100% and not make a laughing stock of the country! If no one died, is the Indian Air Force going to take responsibility and go again after the target? Will they apologize for making Indians look like fools? Both answers will be no because no one in higher positions knows how to apologize or take responsibility here. If no one died then they look like clowns now.

The actual picture will get lost in the fog of war. To this day we dont have accurate kill ratios from either Pakistan or India for 65/71 wars. Both sides lie and inflate their numbers.

How many terrorists died will be difficult to ascertain as the Paki Army will cover up to prevent domestic face loss. They faced a lot of flak when the navy SEALs hit Laden and no one knew that Americans were in the country.

SImilarly we will inflate the numbers which has always been an airforce thing since air warfare started. In WW2/Vietnam/Gulf War only a small percentage of the claimed kills turned out to be accurate as its impossible to pinpoint casualty headcounts on the ground from the air. So in most cases a ballpark figure is arrived at.

BTW the Su30 MKI is a dedicated air superiority fighter whose Russian operational use was to counter the F15 and AWACS aircrafts of the US Air Force in case of WW3 but the Mirage is optimized for ground strike after the Mig-27 was retired.

Thats why we are gunning for a multirole aircraft like Rafale as it can do both air to air and air to ground missions reasonably well. The Mirage 2000 is a bit long in the tooth for air-to-air combat and furthermore it was not meant to be a dedicated A2A aircraft going up against the F16 Block 52

So thats why the Su30s flew CAP(combat air patrol) to defend the ground strike package of the Mirages in case Paki F16s joined the party.

The question we should be asking is how do they know x number of militants were killed in the air strike?

Edit: Ok, so officially there is no number. What we're saying is "...a very large number of JeM terrorists, trainers, senior commanders and groups of jihadis who were being trained for fidayeen action were eliminated...."

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/sto...ical-airstrike-in-pakistan-1465217-2019-02-26

So the 200-300 figure was pulled out of their collective asses by the media?[DOUBLEPOST=1551258790][/DOUBLEPOST]The US has sent out a clear and strong message: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...oot-out-terror-camps/articleshow/68178267.cms

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the kind of stuff that the bhakths spread around to make a mockery of the lives lost in the line of duty. I tell you, people like this are the cancer of this nation.

--------------------------------

Date: 26 January 1992,

Terrorists had announced that if anyone comes to Lal Chowk, Srinagar and hoists the national flag, then they won't return back alive to their home

Seperatists also supported this but 2 people from BJP accepted the challenge and started their journey from Kanyakumari and reached Jammu on morning of 26 January 1992. From there they took a helicopter to reach Srinagar and in a event which lasted 15 minutes, they hoisted the national flag and concluded the event by singing the national anthem

During this time terrorists blasted 5 bombs but the person hoisting the flag did not move even a inch and after completing the event, he marched to the car, got in the car and reached the helicopter to return back

And you think that person will stay silent on the martyrdom of 45 brave soldiers. If you think like that then you need good treatment

The 2 persons were Murli Manohar Joshi and Narendra Modi and the person who hoisted the national flag, sung the national anthem and marched to his car was none other than Narendra Modi

Have patience. Narendra Modi has more fire than us in his heart.

Wait, what were they doing in kanyakumari? o_O

^^ The incident did happen actually. It was one of those political propaganda stunts (usually the at the cost of peoples lives) that BJP is known for. But as usual, it did not transpire as it is described in that post. Modi was still a grunt at the time before the big shots like Joshi.

https://www.indiatoday.in/magazine/...quib-militancy-gets-a-boost-765818-2013-06-24

their stunt was bought at the cost of people's lives.

Last edited:
He says we should talk

imran wife 3.JPG

Back