Queries related to passport

live report : I'm hogging chicken biryani in the hotel opp to venue :p ... I reached at 2 and my reporting time is 2.45, appears they let you inside PSK 15 mins before the reporting time, not before that...

I asked Food specifically because my appointment is probably in the first slot of 10 AM and i am not sure how much time it will take me inside. I hope it takes less and i am out before 12. Only time will tell. Will be going on 12th and then report back my story.

Although 'rules' do not permit carrying of eatables..... I have seen people pull out their tiffins.

The food available at their pantry/cafeteria is horrendously priced.

Helps if you are carrying a 'huge' bag or a rucksack/haversack where you can smuggle in your tiffin - so go ahead and carry your 'thepla' n 'fafra' or 'khakras' :jimlad:

Meanwhile - my status is 'still at printing' stage - from 04/08/13 (my wife's and daughter's passports too have been despatched for printing today)

sorry to hear that not all your plans could work out @logistopath - wife & son's

Anyone use the MEA (Ministry of External Affairs) app for passport related stuff? Saw the app on iTunes.

Anyone use the MEA (Ministry of External Affairs) app for passport related stuff? Saw the app on iTunes.

As of now it is barebone and nothing much except application tracking. They are saying that application submission will be available later on. I have downloaded it.

Guys.. How many does approximately does it take for the police verification to happen after submission of the form?

Update : I'm called on 12th since my bank statements didn't had my name on it but dads name since its a joint account... Now I need to put mine n my dads photo on passbook, put bank seal on it n produce its copy at PSK ...

Last edited:
MY passport status also went to printing now. Lets see how much time it takes for them to print :p

Mine shows
Your Passport has been printed and You would receive an sms/email once the passport is dispatched.
Problem is tomorrow is a public holiday (Ramzan Id/Friday) - hopefully, I should receive it by saturday or monday.

Guys.. How many does approximately does it take for the police verification to happen after submission of the form?

Your, I presume is at Coimbatore - so it's difficult to predict. In case you are hard pressed for time, then go to your local Police Thana & give them your details - File No / Date of Birth/ Name & ask them to intimate you ASAP - You will need to bribe them; after you get this done - request that you carry this "Police File of Yours" to your city Head-Office & get it cleared from them too...... it may work

In Mumbai the file moves from PSK to Police CID Office (2-3 days) to
Local Thana (5-8 days)-> Police Verification at home (with 2 neighbours signatures) -> Local Thana (where your presence is required for the Senior Police Officer - verifying all documents) ->
after 5-8 days
Local Thana despatches file back to Police Central Office where the final police verification is done (again 5-8 days)
File is sent back to PSK - usually 25-30 days after your "Application was first submitted"

=======================

In Mumbai - I have known folks who bribe officials (police) along this pipeline to accelerate the process. There are also cases where the 'concerned individual' himself carries the FILE from one stage to the next (my friends have done it o_O)

About Pune PSK :

When you enter the PSK you'll see several token counters. It takes 5-10 mins to show him documents n get the token. Then you proceed to waiting hall & wait for your token number to be displayed on screen along with counter number to proceed to. A section have 36 counters and it'll take at max 10 mins here ... B section have 10 counters and you'll be spending most of the time here waiting for your token number be displayed on screen ... When I proceeded to B, my number was leading by approx 150 to the current token numbers being displayed on screen ... C too have 10 counters ... There is small cafe in the waiting hall which serve coffee, tea, brownies, sandwiches etc; found rates reasonable... Xerox machine is inside PSK, so you don't need to worry about it...

Documents I was asked :
Birth Certificate : If your name is not on it, you need to get a declaration form @ Rs 1 from the xerox guy inside PSK and submit it along the copy of birth certificate...
X & Degree Certificate
PAN card xerox
Bank statements of past 1 yr
Voter ID
Passbook Name & Photo print ...

MY PASSPORT DELIVERY UPDATE

EVERYTHING IS FCKED UP IN THIS COUNTRY

My passport - attempted delivery made 'via wrong post office' and to the 'wrong address'

I got a call this morning from my brother (who stay's on/off at my old residence) - parents place at Borivli-West Pin Code : 400 092. The postal guys had dropped an note about my passport delivery a few days back (he was not in town).

My address is Andheri-East MIDC Post Office - Pin Code : 400 093. I shifted from the Borivali address to Andheri in 2006 and all my current documents/bank accounts etc have the andheri address.

There is a good 17 kms distance between both these pin codes.

I JUST CANNOT FATHOM HOW THIS FKUP HAS OCCURED

[I have been waiting 'desperately' for the past several days to get my passport as I have to forward it's details very very urgently to a destination abroad].

Today is a Holiday (Ramzan), so I am handicapped and cannot do anything. However - I wish to understand how this goof-up occured and register my complaint to the concerned parties (would need your help too).
@raksrules; @logistopath ; @destiny; @ayanavish ; @dinjo ; @harryneopotter ; @abracadabra ; @Doremon

This is a briefing of the series of events :
1] I keep checking my details 'online' at least 3 times a day at the 'passport seva' website
2] For the past 2 days - this is the status (even as of now!!!)
Your Passport has been printed and You would receive an sms/email once the passport is dispatched.
3] I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY SMS/EMAIL regarding the delivery
4] Attached is a screenshot of the "Speedpost" tracking details
4a - Apparently the PSK send my passport for delivery to BNPL SP Hub Villeparle west on 05/08/13
[Now on the above date + till 07/08/13 evening the PSK website HAD NOT UPDATED ANY DETAILS - my status was still showing as 'printing'] - So this clearly shows it is the PSK fault
4b - From the above Hub my passport proceeded to Mumbai SH for further sorting on 05/08/13 and then left for Borivali West SO on 06/08/13
4c - Attempted despatch to my old residence took place at 1600 hours on 06/08/13 - no one was at home [locked house & wrong address - remember]

4] My brother calls me up at 06:20 am on 09/08/13 and mentions about the 'speedpost' note !!
5] So did the post-office guys bungle up and forwarded 400 093 (my actual address pincode) to 400 092 ?
6] How did my old Borivali address show up for delivery ? (I think I had ONLY submitted my old Borivali ration card detail to the Police Verification at MIDC Andheri) & the same is also done for my wife and daughter - NOWHERE AT THE PSK HAVE WE MENTIONED/SUBMITTED ANY PROOF OF THE OLD BORIVALI ADDRESS
7] I am now dreading opening up the passport - I have no clue what 'address' is printed [The only proof that I have of the Borivali address is the 40 year old ration card; MTNL landline bill & Mahanagar Gas Bills - both connections are still in my name]

TOTALLY PISSED OFF AND MY TIME + PATIENCE HAS WORN OFF. THIS IS THE SHITTIEST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE.

Yours in sheer desperation

Terry

Speedpost_Terry_02_blurred.JPG speedpost details

@terence_fdes I am pretty sure the address printed inside would be the address that you had filled in the application and not the old one. I am surprised though about how they came across your old address. Did you give that address as permanent address, maybe? First try and get hold of the passport tomorrow. You will have to visit the post office personally with your id proof..

@terence_fdes I am pretty sure the address printed inside would be the address that you had filled in the application and not the old one. I am surprised though about how they came across your old address. Did you give that address as permanent address, maybe? First try and get hold of the passport tomorrow. You will have to visit the post office personally with your id proof..

The PSK never was interested in the Ration Card & I did not provide it to them. Various documents provided to the PSK ONLY list the Andheri-Address as current & permanent.
It was the fcked up cops at the local MIDC police thana who asked for it....... and at least I think, that they, (the cops) do not have any authorisation to change/modify any applicant's details

Stranger is the fact that till date & time, I have not received any SMS about the despatch (with the Speedpost Tracking ID).

Why did you gave 2 different address ? IF they found the address are not same they will cancel it and you would have to pay a penalty for it and submit the application again

In order to not cause any problems with address i still am going to give them my current address as Mumbai since that is what is there on my current passport when i am actually staying in Pune almost all the time.

Back