Queries related to passport

One of the eligibility for getting a Non-ECR passport is age over 50. No Non-ECR document will be required as your in laws are above 50 and it is renewal, So they will take the age already mentioned in previous passport and grant a Non-ECR passport.

So I have booked appointment for my in laws and weird thing happened that for same PSK, I took appointment back to back immediately and still one person got 12:30 PM and another got 3:30 PM appointment.
Do we have to upload any documents after taking appointment? I see there is an option but want to know whether I actually have to or just take the original and xerox copies to the PSK directly?

Last edited:
So I have booked appointment for my in laws and weird thing happened that for same PSK, I took appointment back to back immediately and still one person got 12:30 PM and another got 3:30 PM appointment.
Do we have to upload any documents after taking appointment? I see there is an option but want to know whether I actually have to or just take the original and xerox copies to the PSK directly?

You can upload docs. but still, they should take original and zerox - self-attested. better safe option

Right, but still is it like mandatory to upload or not? Also do we need 2 copies of documents or single copy?
not mandatory but still better to do it. 2 copies is fine, they will keep one or if you uploaded, then might not ask for it. They took my mom's hard copy even though it was uploaded

I have to renew mine and my relatives passport, both expired on sameday 1 year back.
Please let me know what to do, (i have no idea as got passport made via agent in past)

Which website should i do needful.
What documents/photos are required ?
Any other important thing to remember ?
I am from Mumbai, so total costs as well.

Thanks..

I have to renew mine and my relatives passport, both expired on sameday 1 year back.
Please let me know what to do, (i have no idea as got passport made via agent in past)

Which website should i do needful.
What documents/photos are required ?
Any other important thing to remember ?
I am from Mumbai, so total costs as well.

Thanks..
Passport process is very efficient now so no agents needed anymore.

1. Go to https://portal1.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink# and create account.
  2. Fill the application form ONLINE and submit online, no physical forms needed and nothing to download.
  3. There is document advisor on website to see what you need based on what kind of passport application it is, like Fresh or Reissue or something else.
  4. No photos required unless someone is under 4 or 5 years old. They will click pic there only.
  5. Once application form is filled and submitted, you need to pay 1500 (for normal passport) + whatever the SBI gateway charges (6rs for net banking, 27 rs for credit card etc) and once payment is "success" on the website, take time of appointment.
  6. Since you are in Mumbai, select the nearest PSK (Passport Seva Kendra). I am in Borivali so for me it is Malad PSK.

Best for you is check some youtube video which will also explain everything in great detail.

Can we renew expired passport? Confused it with reissue of passport.

Or there's no such thing as renew and one needs to freshly apply for a new one after expiry.

My passport accidentally suffered water damage due to being kept in the same bag as my Johnson's Baby Care Skin wipes. Will my Passport still work? Which part of the Passport should remain resistant free to water damage?

Only in the final year of your passport validity can you apply for renewal. Once it's expired then it's the same process as issuing a new passport.

So if someone gets a passport date and on that day it is found that there's some document issue or some discrepancy.
Then what about the next date? Do they give the next date over the counter or again do we need to book online appointment?
Also, is it a mandate that your name and also your fathers name should be identical on both PAN and AADHAR?

Last edited:
Hello guys got an appointment for this month its a renewal with same address no changes except non ecr change what documents i need to carry along

Do we need to file a FIR for damaged passport while applying for a reissue of passport/verification at PSK?

If a damaged passport is still in your possession and has enough info visible to establish that it is your passport then no FIR is needed. You might face some harsh comments at the PSK at the most. However if it has been stolen, lost or damaged beyond recognition, then an FIR is needed.

Classes of damage are defined here: https://portal1.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/faqLostDamagedPassports
  • Damaged Passport - Passport number is readable, name is legible and photo is intact
  • Damaged beyond recognition
So if someone gets a passport date and on that day it is found that there's some document issue or some discrepancy.
Then what about the next date? Do they give the next date over the counter or again do we need to book online appointment?

All dates are via appointment only, but once you book an appointment you can contact the PSK requesting them to bring the appointment forward by stating or attaching evidence of urgency.

Hello guys got an appointment for this month its a renewal with same address no changes except non ecr change what documents i need to carry along

There is an official interactive document advisor available here: https://www.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/docAdvisor/attachmentAdvisorInp

Last edited:
Do we need to file a FIR for damaged passport while applying for a reissue of passport/verification at PSK?
I sent my damaged passport due to getting drenched in rain to texas consulate to get a new one reissued. They took some 3 months but they sent me new one. Its a pain in the $$$ to wait so long but pretty straight forward.

I heard that if someone has an expired passport he gets issued a new passport with same old passport no.
Also, the documentation to be provided is less and so the formalities.

Someone kindly confirm the same as my passport got expired in Aug 2k18 and I"m to fill the renewal form on the website.

Back