Queries related to passport

I just had to add my wife's name in passport and my passport wasn't even expired, no address change nothing, still police verification happened for me.
But it was POST verification, which means, it would happen after I get my passport.
For me and two of my colleagues passport was reissued without Police verification, at the PSK they updated the status as Police verification not required.
Reading their FAQ, I get a feeling Police verification for re-issue will depend to the PSK guys judgement.

Source
Q3:What are various Police Verification modes?
A:There are 2 modes of police verification

Depending on whether an application is for issue of fresh passport or re-issue of passport, Passport Office (PO) shall decide whether Police Verification is required for issuance of Passport to you. In most cases, of issue of fresh passport, pre-police verification would be required, exception being Government servants on submission of 'Identity Certificate' as per Annexure 'B', or minors whose parent(s) hold valid passport etc. In most cases of re-issue, depending on records available in the Passport Seva system, police verification may not be required or only post police verification may be required, exceptions being re-issue of passport in lieu of lost passport or complete change of name.

Thanks for that.

However, my confusion still persist.

8017 not applicable as applying for new passport first time.
8025 not possible (we don't have it, I am out of India now).
8063 indicates it is for cases where first name of wife changes, in my case first name of wife does not change. First name is as same as before marriage, currently she uses herfirstname+husbandfirstname. My passport comes printed with wife's name like this.
8086 is for separated people. I am out of country for career reasons. Don't know whether this will be applicable in my case.
8085 is shown as optional, while others are mandatory. As mentioned for 8086, My passport comes printed with wife's name in format herfirstname+husbandfirstname

I feel 8085+8086 will be ok, but not at all sure.

Afaik whatever documents we provide, we need to show the originals during the psk visit. If this is true, then how you will show your passport, since you're out of country now?

Also don't you have marriage certificate original? If that was available and other documents like address proof, ecnr, birth certificate... Then I don't see any problem here.

Afaik whatever documents we provide, we need to show the originals during the psk visit. If this is true, then how you will show your passport, since you're out of country now?

Also don't you have marriage certificate original? If that was available and other documents like address proof, ecnr, birth certificate... Then I don't see any problem here.

I think if the husband is out of country, then he has to get a letter from a nearby Indian consulate and mail/email/not sure to the wife. At least of my colleague had to do that.

Church marriage, so didn't take a marriage certificate. Overseas career was not in line at that time, so didn't care for one. Now, wife need a passport asap and all these confusion. Don't know where to clear this query.

For children, I have to get an attested affidavit from embassy here which is arrangeable.

^how did you add your wife name in your passport without marriage certificate? Same way you can try now right? Also Isn't marriage certificate is very important requirement in some countries while applying dependent visa?

^how did you add your wife name in your passport without marriage certificate? Same way you can try now right? Also Isn't marriage certificate is very important requirement in some countries while applying dependent visa?

They didn't ask for any proof in my case. However, I heard from many that in case of wife's passport it is a requirement.
Marriage certificate is a requirement if you take a family visa, in tourist visa it is not a requirement. This is what I heard here, may be I'm wrong.
Anyways, will arrange marriage certificate once am back in India for annual leave.

So here is how it went about when I went for passport application of my 1.5 Months old son.

1. I had taken appointment already (my mistake...could have just walked in, in morning) so did not want to forgo the 1000 Rs paid online. Appointment time was 12:30 Pm and reporting time was 12:15 Pm.
2. We reached by 12:00 and still the guard outside allowed us inside when I told we have a baby with us. Security check happens before entering the main reception area.
3. There was a separate queue (with no one standing or at reception) for Minors and Senior Citizens. Asked some lady there and she took the application. Asked for My and my wife's passport. My wife's name is endorsed in my passport so it was easier. Submitted all xeroxes and she verified originals and put everything in a paper file and gave me token number.
4. In Section A seating area, we did not have to wait at all. Our number came immediately as we entered the area. Straight to that lady with camera and computer/scanner. Documents required were... Birth Certificate, Xerox of first/last page of my and my wife's passport. That's it.
5. She took the photo (which I gave, not using their camera) and cut its border and scanned it and returned it back to us. Filled all other details. One thing I was confused about was that the "Residing From" date. I had mentioned my son's Birthdate instead of my residing from date (as i had read somewhere) and she said it is fine and it should be applicant's only (my son).
6. Then she sent us to Section 'B' and there too process was instant. No waiting (PSK was crowded still).
7. But we had to wait for 15 Minutes to get our number in Counter 'C'. All done and we were out in 30 Minutes.

This was done on Monday 08th September and today on 12th September I even got SMS that the passport has been dispatched from their Worli Office. :eek:

Btw this was done at Malad Psk.

Church marriage, so didn't take a marriage certificate. Overseas career was not in line at that time, so didn't care for one. Now, wife need a passport asap and all these confusion. Don't know where to clear this query.

For children, I have to get an attested affidavit from embassy here which is arrangeable.

Church Marriage certificate unfortunately just doesn't hold any acceptance most places anymore. We had to give the registered marriage certificate as proof.

Anyways on a different note, apparently now the stupid online system doesn't allow for selection of dates! I've been struggling to get a date for a weekend forever to get my kids passport done! Idiots!

@mach9

Now it is the date they say. If you don't like that date then you have to wait for that date to become available. Also I don't think you will get weekend date. Do passport offices operate on weekends ?

@mach9

Now it is the date they say. If you don't like that date then you have to wait for that date to become available. Also I don't think you will get weekend date. Do passport offices operate on weekends ?

Found out.. they don't.. I just got off the phone after 5mins with one of the callcenter associates to verify if appointment times were mandatory for infants.. apparently i can go anytime for infants passports between 9 to 1030 he said.

Let's see.

Yes yes infants no appointment times. The only reason i went on my appointment time is because I had already made online payment and if I went at other time (walk in) then I would have to pay cash only and forgo the online payment, at least that is what the call center person told me.

I need to apply passports for both my mom & dad. They have been married since 1989 and do not have any marriage certificate.
So is the marriage certificate compulsory ? I could not find any info in the passport website. They do have an affidavit made in court that they are married. Will that suffice ?

Urgent help needed for friend.

She applied for new passport and accordingly her PSK visit was yesterday.

She had normal visit until she went at counter C.

Actually she applied for new passport without realising that when she was 7 already a passport was issue on her name .That passport was at her grandfather place.WHo passed away couple of years back plus that passport had expired in 2007.

According to her if passport expired more than 3 years back and not reissue a person can apply for new passport.But the PSK officer blasted her bad and asked for fine of 2000 as well as to dig all previous passport details.

Now she has got the passport details but she is worried whether she needs to pay fine or not.Or whether the officer was asking bribe.

Can someone guide me in this matter.Its bit urgent as she plans to visit the PSK office tomorrow with her parents as they are not so financially well.

Yes she needs to give old passport details even if it is expired. does she have the old passport or photocopy of it ?
she needs to show some proof of old passport or atleast give information on her old passport.
Yes there is a fine of 2000 Rs which I guess she will have to pay.
maybe admitting mistake of not knowing procedure for application can be an excuse but mostly she will have to pay the fine.

Need help for my cousin.... he is around 37 years old and need to apply for passport but confused about DOB proof

1) He does not have a birth certificate ( in those times, birth certificate was not that famous)
2) He does not have 10th standard certificate because he failed in 10th (he has the failed mark sheet but that does not show DOB written) .
3) He has 8th standard mark sheet issued by Haryana board showing DOB (HBSE used to have 8th class board also)
4) He has certificate from the school stating his DOB. He also has Adhar/PAN/DL etc which show DOB.

Will these suffice as DOB proof ?

Back