Audio Random DAC/Amp Thread!!

Jaben is pushing the AK quite hard.

Think its 998 SGD for the AK100, Final Audio Heaven C and the Alessandro MS1 ..........or so I was told

Never been interested in high end sources.

CLAS -dB next + iPod + current SR71B

Hi guys,
I was looking for a budget DAC under 10k to connect between a DVD player/Himedia media player and a NAD c320 amp that drives a pair of CA S-30 speaker. Then I saw the Fiio X3 (~16k) and thought about storing all the FLACs on it and using its line out to the amp. That way I'd get storage (64GB), transport, a Wolfson DAC, and a display screen that saves me from switching on the TV just for playlists. Not to mention its DAP abilities
Would like to know what you think of this X3 idea, as against getting a used/budget DAC for around 10 K. Which looks likely to give better SQ?

The X3 is currently 200 USD with Free Fedex shipping and a free Brainwavz R3 that's normally 130 USD. If it's what you want now would be a good time to get it.

Thanks Ritvik, it's a great deal no doubt, though the R3 is not getting much love online.

I'm more concerned about the possibility of getting decent sound quality (I'm no audiophile) without spending a pile. In principle, this look feasible, but was hoping for some guidance from members who know more about the price-performance of such a combo. Guess I'll have to close my eyes and take the dive.

After waiting for boutique audiophile players to mature in ease of use and UI, I am giving up.

It's a good thing I don't have money now. I am so tempted to order Sony ZX1 or at least the F887.

The UI on the AK100/120 is quite alright. I hear they have full screen prototype that was on display here at the Mook Headphone Festival. They're grossly overpriced though. I like mine quite a bit, much nicer that the old iMods and far easier to carry around when compared to a three tier stack with the solo -dB. Now with an amp I can have analog volume control again which I missed badly!

Thanks Ritvik, it's a great deal no doubt, though the R3 is not getting much love online.

I'm more concerned about the possibility of getting decent sound quality (I'm no audiophile) without spending a pile. In principle, this look feasible, but was hoping for some guidance from members who know more about the price-performance of such a combo. Guess I'll have to close my eyes and take the dive.

I think its an awesome combo considering the price alone!!
also r3 have a 2 year warranty and this is very very good.

agreed they may not sound like gr07 but keep in mind that u are getting those for free and they will still be sounding better than m3 which are prety decent at 5500 in india.
so all in all,its the best deal currently.

also consider gr07 mk2 classic which is going for 119$!!!
pm me for site details if u want[DOUBLEPOST=1387267162][/DOUBLEPOST]i just have money left for colorfly c3 or e07k!!
any suggestions?

e07k will be mainly for wolfson dac as i have no need for an amp

Hi guys,
I was looking for a budget DAC under 10k to connect between a DVD player/Himedia media player and a NAD c320 amp that drives a pair of CA S-30 speaker. Then I saw the Fiio X3 (~16k) and thought about storing all the FLACs on it and using its line out to the amp. That way I'd get storage (64GB), transport, a Wolfson DAC, and a display screen that saves me from switching on the TV just for playlists. Not to mention its DAP abilities
Would like to know what you think of this X3 idea, as against getting a used/budget DAC for around 10 K. Which looks likely to give better SQ?
I am in the same boat as you bud. I think the Fiio X3 is the very thing that I need. Not sure about the earphones. Which is the best route to get them? Directly would invite customs and associated problems? Or get it via ishopInternational? What do you suggest guys?

I am in the same boat as you bud. I think the Fiio X3 is the very thing that I need. Not sure about the earphones. Which is the best route to get them? Directly would invite customs and associated problems? Or get it via ishopInternational? What do you suggest guys?

Which earphones are you looking at? Usually, Air mail or slow snail mail has a chance of getting through customs. EMS / Priority may not. But, with airmail, you run the risk of losing the parcel and need to wait for a very long time. If there are IEMs that are shipped by Amazon, go for them as they are duty paid and would reach you safely (you may get a refund just in case the actual duty charged is lower).

get fro mp4nation
my friend is just gonna receive it this morning and no customs have been charged!!
also brainwavz r3 is free with x3 right now and r3 indivisually retails for 130$
don't miss this

get fro mp4nation
my friend is just gonna receive it this morning and no customs have been charged!!
also brainwavz r3 is free with x3 right now and r3 indivisually retails for 130$
don't miss this

Thanks bud. I ordered it.
@esanthosh, I was not sure there was an extra charge for the earphones, but they are including the R3 free. I am sure that can't be bad!

BTW, how is the built quality of these earphones? I remember I used to use the HiFiman RE2 and the built quality was atrocious. It stopped working very soon after purchase.

Thanks bud. I ordered it.
@esanthosh, I was not sure there was an extra charge for the earphones, but they are including the R3 free. I am sure that can't be bad!

BTW, how is the built quality of these earphones? I remember I used to use the HiFiman RE2 and the built quality was atrocious. It stopped working very soon after purchase.

its actually a hit or miss but generally fedex deliveries escape customs easily.
rs has excellent build and comes with 2 year warranty so even if u have to pay 40-50$ customs(which u won't in my opinion) still u will end up saving 60-70 $ atleast
u can mail them to lower the price inbill to be sure no customs are charged,i have done this in past

its actually a hit or miss but generally fedex deliveries escape customs easily.
rs has excellent build and comes with 2 year warranty so even if u have to pay 40-50$ customs(which u won't in my opinion) still u will end up saving 60-70 $ atleast
u can mail them to lower the price inbill to be sure no customs are charged,i have done this in past
They said they would mark it a $20 sample !

Back