Audio Random IEM / Headphone Rants

ok seems tht what i wrote was a little confusing...

when i have headache i dnt like to listen to vocals.....i only listen smooth and slow instrumental.....(similar to when someone have headache and he dnt like ppl speaking right next to his ear)

but for a change i eq-ed the re262 and played boyzone......and i really like the sound.

then i tried them with other soft and mellow bollywood song......(but never with rock/ trance / hip-hop)....and it was so pleasing and balanced @ tht time.....

I hope i make myself clear......if i dnt forget wht i wrote....i m not good at explaining :p

RE-ZERO owners - any tips to get some bass out of 'em bassless units? I'm using the Arrow with max bass boost but it still feels like there's something missing. The clarity and treble is nice, so far I don't find it sparkly for my ears (which is a relief because I'm still waiting on my TF10s) - but I do miss the bass which my A151s offer.

Oh, oh, in between I also tested out the MEElectronics CC51 ceramic IEMs - must say they are REALLY really good. Only had them on a loaner program for like a week but they were faantastic. Overall a bit better than A151 (mostly just the bass, the clarity is slighly lower), which is really surprising since Steve Guttenberg called the A151's the best under $100 earphones he's heard till date.

This upgraditis is really burning a hole in my pocket.

The IEMs which benefit from using Arrow are usually things like CK10 and PFE, which already have some quality bass with some quantity present. I've not tried RE-ZERO with Arrow yet. But, I can guess that you are missing punch and impact. RE-ZERO's treble is more laid-back compared to RE0. It's detailed, but not as sparkling.

I trust ljokerl more than any Gutternburg and I'd say the best under $100 is Fischer Audio Silver Bullet :p. As per Joker's list too, CC51 > A151

9yywt.jpg

en3hi.jpg

:D

Yup, the JH16 Pro. You can see my initials as well.

Initial impressions : Insane bass, accuracy, timbre and soundstage. Live tracks sound absolutely surreal, and the energy these give you is incredible! The bass isn't overpowering at all, though there is a slight boost, but it's dependent on the song. Bass heavy songs will be sound like that ; same for bass light songs. All in all, I had high expectations, and these didn't disappoint at all!

Congrats, they look fantastic! Time for a signature update huh?

P.S. - This might sound odd, but does anyone know if removing your wisdom teeth could have an impact on the seal you get? I did so a while and now that everything's healed my IEMs sound a bit odd, the seem to lack bass that they previously had in abundance, especially when I lie down. I thinking its re-shell time :(

Ritvik said:
Congrats, they look fantastic! Time for a signature update huh?

P.S. - This might sound odd, but does anyone know if removing your wisdom teeth could have an impact on the seal you get? I did so a while and now that everything's healed my IEMs sound a bit odd, the seem to lack bass that they previously had in abundance, especially when I lie down. I thinking its re-shell time :(

Haha yeah, thanks for reminding me!

No idea about wisdom teeth.. your best bet would be to email JH Audio or UM or ask an audiologist.

@Santhosh:
Yeah, the punch is missing. These seem a bit too.. dry for my taste. Not enjoyable for long periods of time. I think I'm going to swap these for the CC51s if I can. Joker definitely knows about his IEMs, but Guttenberg is pretty awesome - he's recommended some excellent audio gear over the years. You should check out his blog - lots of interesting tid bits.

@Superfrag:
Congrats on the JH16 - wow.. you've really crossed the final frontier eh? Buying such expensive customs! Enjoy 'em :)

A Sunday well spent ..... changing IEMs all the time.

In preparing for my upcoming reviews, picked out a couple of IEMs for comparison. One IEM led to another and soon my bed was filled with 7 IEMs (Hippo VB, ECCI PR401, Brainwavz M3, Playaz N1 and Xears TD100-I, II, III). It was just a casual listening exercise, so the routine was - pick a random IEM, compare it to another, do a ranking (A > B < C etc.,), then pick another song. Worse still - just when I wanted to do a quick swap, cables (like Brainwavz M3) would tangle and irritate me. A slightly tedious and tiring process. Luckily, I won't need all seven for comparison for the next review. But, I am a bit scared about doing the GR07 review - that would be an even more long, drawn out process as IEMs would need more attention to pick up differences :(

@Ritvik,

Any updates on wisdom teeth and fit issues?

Back