Audio Random IEM / Headphone Rants

Is it really hard to cut off the biflange ?? i mean it looks rather simple. YOu just need a good scissor. look at the pics in the modification post,

It looks simple ! :(

Me too ! Finding it very hard to get a proper fit with any tip. The foams are the best but even they start to slip out after a time.

:(

@Esantosh - Hmm, if you could loan them to me for a week I would be most grateful (along with the PFE as I really want to try a IEM with good treble + good mids. The Re0 had good treble but pretty crappy mids).

^^ Well the PFE seems to suit that requirement for me (from reviews). They say it has treble sparkle and lush mids. So I am keeping my fingers crossed. :p

Can someone suggest me some good EDM/Trance album/songs to start exploring this genre??

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

any how ritvik when can we have fa011 impressions

an update on Biflange Mod

I will still say that comfort is lost due to cutting, But there are noticeable improvements in sound quality. Bass which was soft and less in quantity has now become more hard hitting and large in quantity. Also presentation has become more wide and open.

Rest aspects(treble, mids) are not that much changed.

Today i had headache....and somehow i dint liked the sound from my re262

I dnt know wht happened, but it seemed way off

So i tried to EQ

I eq the vocals and mid range down and treble range from 7KHZ a little up.

The sound seems much balanced(compared to stock sound), a bit fwd vocals and i really like ths sound. I can hear a wider sound spectrum and its so easy and smooth.

@ benny...it depends a lot on IEM.....re262 is not treble happy iem....its treble is smooth & laidback

yesterday only thing tht irritated me was fwd vocals(which i love about 262).....ths y to make sound more balanced i did that

of course i wont do that on RE0 or similar sig iems....

any how it was a nice experiment....and i liked the result :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

wow at 780.....it doesnt exceeded the price bar.....thts gud

lets wait and see wht they sound

UMAus quoted

The inspiration behind the Merlin was the re-shell SF5EB. Being able to start from the ground up has mean that UM have been able to develop something rather special. I say, if dynamic bass and space is what you want...we have a winner. As for the IE8, we don't recommend it at all, especially now we have seen what a properly designed hybrid can do.

OOOOOHHHHHHH.............I m eager to know hw they can sound....:)

Back