Audio Random IEM / Headphone Rants

Thought of getting Sonocore 805 because it's cheaper. But, it does not seem to be a that special an IEM. There are some cheapo IEMs that I am marginally interested in (Superlux HD381, Sonocore, new SoundMagic series, DUNU etc.,), nothing much of interest out there to open up my wallet yet. Probably I would settle for a W4 / EX-1000 or get some middle-top-tier IEM like Monster Miles Davis Tribute / MD Trumpet / DDM2. No news about RE272 yet, which otherwise would have interested me a bit!

Keeping an eye on this thread - Top Tier Showdown (Updated: EX1000 & SE535) - Head-Fi.org Community

I forgot to mention about Audio Technica ATH-CKM99 , a dynamic for $170 seems to be good looking and interesting signature as well. However, I don't think they are going to add anything different or special in my collection. But, an interesting IEM to keep track of.

esanthosh said:
Thought of getting Sonocore 805 because it's cheaper. But, it does not seem to be a that special an IEM. There are some cheapo IEMs that I am marginally interested in (Superlux HD381, Sonocore, new SoundMagic series, DUNU etc.,), nothing much of interest out there to open up my wallet yet. Probably I would settle for a W4 / EX-1000 or get some middle-top-tier IEM like Monster Miles Davis Tribute / MD Trumpet / DDM2. No news about RE272 yet, which otherwise would have interested me a bit!

Keeping an eye on this thread - Top Tier Showdown (Updated: EX1000 & SE535) - Head-Fi.org Community
Well i m interested in ZO.......:p
Fit issue of ex1000 surely puts me off.
Seems Hifiman is busy in HE series. HE500 is surely temping.....:)

I have been 'sober' for 52 days. Let's see how far I can run with this current form :p. My conked out laptop leading to a new replacement would keep it that way for the time being.

Digizoid ZO is something I've been seriously considering. I am already exploring options to get them. Might get them sooner. Somehow, these days IEMs don't interest me as much except for sub-$100 unknown brand IEMs which I am always a sucker for.

Head-direct has been kind of too slow. Last year, I thought they are going to release RE262 by October. And this year, I thought 272 should be out by April :(. Already, 262 did not create as much a ripple as it's supposed to, not sure if 272 would be headed the same way.

I m seriously considering ZO v2.....

Right now not in a situation to buy anythng.....money crunch :)

but financial cond will improve with in 3-4 months....till thn drooling over....

I m amazed why ppl dont consider re262. Its a very nice phone nd responds well to eq. May be cuz of reliability or we have sm3, se535 which are more capable technically.

@mephis- why dont u wait for 272. One person who actually heard claimed it to have better bass slam, extension and much more treble.

Patience is the key dude.

Is ur 262 sold??

Nope, not sold yet. Any purchase that I'll do will be done after it gets sold. Also, I don't quite like head-direct now, its a pity that they have such nice products.

And yeah 272 would be just the thing, but there is no news of it or any release date.

^ Err RE-262 just doesnt stand a chance against SM3 . Infact I personally find RE-262 very boring . It has nothing great to boast about other than its liquid mids and a better than average sound-stage . The bass and treble both are too bland for me :(. The bass doesn't really respond well to EQ-ing , have tried using Foobar as well as BB on Fiio E7 . I would any day prefer the RE-252 to 262 for overall detail retrieval , neutrality and better bass + treble. Worse is the need of an amp in my case to really enjoy the 262. If we are to judge based only on more warm mids , the 262 is ofcouse better. * No offense to RE-262 lovers but if mids is what you love , SM3 is the one to get :D *

And then there's always the fear of the earphone dying with RE-262 . Almost everyone I know has had 1-2 RMA's . I am always too scared to use mine . Might soon put it in the market section .

Mephistopheles said:
Also, where to source it from? Head-direct?
Since when did Head-Direct start selling SM3 ? Are you high or something or just trying to act like a n00b :rofl: . Try getting a good deal on head-fi or you can get it from Jaben . Esanthosh knows of a few other sources.

@ Faheem,

trance and EDM on re262 surely seems boring......when i eqd it, it did boost up the treble and bass, while retaining the smoothness. Surely it doesnt have slam, punch and sparkle.

Back