Audio Random IEM / Headphone Rants

Attachments

• XBA-1 vs 3 vs 4.jpg
    XBA-1 vs 3 vs 4.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 225
oops!sorry! my apologies for posting my email-id:scared14: , i wasn't aware that its not allowed and i dont know how to remove it:unsure:
santhosh i have PM'ed you pls check.

A couple of years ago I think, had to get them RMA'ed which took a few months via KMD (remember him!!) sold them when they came back. Got them when Amazon did the 100 usd TF10 thing for the first time.

esanthosh .. Can u plz help me out ?
I just bough samsung focus but my earlier samsung headphones with mic are not working with the fone . I am getting a muted sound.
So have decided to buy another iems. Can u plz tell me which one is better between es18 and jvc mashmallows ?
I do prefer bass but not much of it.
any help will be appreciated :) ..

@aquaticbullet,

I do not own the Marshmallows anymore, so I am going by memory (which is not always correct).

I like ES18 far more than what I remember about JVC Marshmallows or rather I am annoyed far less with ES18 than I was with MM. My vague recollection is that the bass of Marshmallows was good, but I did not like the rest of the spectrum even after doing Kramer mod. I think mid range of MM was recessed. ES18 has a more upfront, forward presentation with probably better bass extension and may be a bit more quantity. Apart from this, I do not recollect much of the specifics, sorry! :(

Last edited by a moderator:
@abhi_jollyguy- I think you'll like them. Very good iems for the price. BTW, your other iems still haven't arrived?

I'm starting to remember why I didn't like the TF10.........cant seem to get a decent seal to start with, especially with the left ear. Will try foam tips as they helped last time and also think I'll try them with a balanced cable and if they still don't suit me you'll see them on sale here pretty soon :(

@abhi_jollyguy- I think you'll like them. Very good iems for the price. BTW, your other iems still haven't arrived?

I'm starting to remember why I didn't like the TF10.........cant seem to get a decent seal to start with, especially with the left ear. Will try foam tips as they helped last time and also think I'll try them with a balanced cable and if they still don't suit me you'll see them on sale here pretty soon :(

My futuresonics MG7 haven't arrived till now now I have lost my hope to receive it. :( Now I am hoping that I receive the EPH-100 soon

What I could do in the last is that I have asked my customs clearance agent and given him the tracking number if by any chance he can get any info. on the MG7 parcel.

Fingers crossed.

Didn't you give your TF10 for re-shelling? From what I remember that you have given it for reshelling??

Nope don't think they're worth re-shelling and adding additional drivers is a rip-off. Especially after owning customs, I'd tend to compare the two and that probably wont end well for the TF10s. Won't invest on these apart from the 2.99 usd for foam tips :pEven the cable will be used for the next set of customs, whenever I manage to save up for them.

This is a good deal. Monster Tribute (Refurb) for $105 by applying coupon CMONSTER at the official Monster eBay Store - Monster® Miles Davis Tribute Jazz In-Ear Headphones Refurbished 50644619069 | eBay

I am also interested in checking out the new JVC FXD80, though I am yet to get a handle on it's signature. a_recording's comparison to XBA-4 makes it very interesting for me - JVC's Micro HD Line --- Revamped for 2012: HA-FXD80/70/60. Would it be better than FXT90? I would love that.

Some of the others I would love to check out in this range - Yamaha EPH-100 and TDK BA-200.

But in the light of my M4 theft and the custom's sword ready to fall in case we import anything over 2K, I am very, very hesitant, to say the least. The free falling INR is another huge concern as well.

Finally managed to update Post #1000 with something relevant to the topic :)

HI Santhosh,
gr8 comparison.... one request - can you also add CX180/PL21/PL30 in the comparison?
I am not able to find a proper review of the CX180.. if u have already reviewed it or have any good external links, kindly let me know!

thanks.
Aadi

can you also add CX180/PL21/PL30 in the comparison?
I am not able to find a proper review of the CX180.. if u have already reviewed it or have any good external links, kindly let me know!

I do not own any of the three and I only have a PL11. I have tried PL30 for a brief period as a loaner long ago. So unless I get loaners / buy them, would not be possible to compare.

As for CX180 Street II, I think it's an old model and I found an old FS thread from 02/2010. I could not find any reviews though.

Sinatra and Coltrane are legends........shouldn't even be compared to this lot!! The link is depressing, but believable. Take Russia for example....you were not allowed to buy a Beatles record and one on the black market would set you back more than a month's wages. Music is a lot more accessible these days but sadly its rubbish.We should start a thread and see what everybody is listening to / what they recommend ....... already know what equipment most of the people here use, would love to know what kind of music they match them with :)But back to the topic....might get my hands on the TDK BA200 soon, they sound like wonderful iems from all the reviews.......swap for the TF10, which I don't think I can live with.

Back