Audio Random IEM / Headphone Rants

^ One of the reasons I am thinking about EX1000 or W4 than customs.

Since you are without your best IEM, why not sneak in a SM3 ;)? Benny becomes the third to own (after red dragon, me) and second to rank at #1 (don't know about red dragon) on TE.

^ yeah i do miss miracle, now that i am bound to use the FX700.

Well as i said the DAC comes first , ( customer care takes a lot of time to respond :( )

EX500 , what about 1000 ? :p

strategy said:
LOL you want impressions !

i have sent the miracle back for refitting !

In my impressions i said i am not getting good isolation. after around 15 days of use i gathered that the fit in my left ear is not adequate, so now they are with amarbir :(

he will send them back for refitting.
Ah damn! Yeah, sometimes it's hard to get the fit perfectly right. I really hope when you get them back they fit you perfectly! I've read many people spending quite some time sending their customs back and forth for refits, but in the end they say it's absolutely worth it! :D

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

bennysachdev said:
Woaahh, 15th may?? i'll be coming on the 13th of May.....I see another Head-fi mumbai meet coming up with more iems, hps, amps, dacs than people on this audio section. ^o
On second thought that would be just counting Faheem's iems. 40+ if i'm not mistaken :p
Whoz on?? People from outside mumbai are also welcome to join, we can organize a mega event :D
I'm up for it! Lemme know the date.

I guess I am the only one owning earbuds. I've been searching for them too. Guess EarPlugStores can ship outside of US. May be First Class USPS would suffice ($7 I think). Amarbir has this, but it's only 3 pairs for 250 + VAT + shipping. If you find anything cheaper, let me know.

EBay Links -

1. http://cgi.ebay.com/50pcs-Headset-Earpiece-Earbud-Ear-Pad-Earpad-Foam-Cover-/280634852214
  2. http://cgi.ebay.com/12-Grey-Ear-pad-foam-cover-earphone-headphone-earbud-/170574318219
  3. http://cgi.ebay.com/24-Black-Ear-pad-foam-cover-earphone-headphone-earbud-/180595547096

Earplug store accepts only express mail international option for shipping to india and thats 35$ :(

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

esanthosh said:
I guess I am the only one owning earbuds. I've been searching for them too. Guess EarPlugStores can ship outside of US. May be First Class USPS would suffice ($7 I think). Amarbir has this, but it's only 3 pairs for 250 + VAT + shipping. If you find anything cheaper, let me know.

EBay Links -

1. 50pcs Headset Earpiece Earbud Ear Pad Earpad Foam Cover - eBay (item 280634852214 end time Feb-26-11 14:21:36 PST)
  2. 12 Grey Ear pad foam cover earphone headphone earbud - eBay (item 170574318219 end time Mar-02-11 09:48:55 PST)
  3. 24 Black Ear pad foam cover earphone headphone earbud - eBay (item 180595547096 end time Mar-02-11 09:48:18 PST)

I think ebay is our only option for cheap earbud covers, but there are a lot of sellers with different quantity(4 pairs to 50 pairs) selling at the same price of 1-2$ and its very difficult to guess the ones with decent quality,which one are you getting? here are some more sellers shipping to india:

earbuds cover items - Get great deals on Headphones Earbuds items on eBay.com!

Guess we can ;)

I own N2. My first impressions are here - Cube C30 vs Nationite N2 - Compare MP3 Players - abi>>forums + Cube C30 vs Nationite N2 - Compare MP3 Players - abi>>forums.

Pros: Small size, Good Output Power & hence louder at lower volumes (130 mW vs 15mW of Clip+), BBE, Decent Battery life, MSC Mode, Mini USB and not Proprietary cable

Cons: No Tag support, No gap-less

On DDM2, they should be available in a few days from Musica Acoustics (and likely from others as well). There's going to be a special pre-order pricing for head-fi from Dimitri, though I don't know what price he has in mind.

We need more impressions on the N2 !!! :D

How does it sound compared to the Fuze ? Same bass/treble extension or noticeable roll off. Come on tell us !!!

^ Been a little busy with other things :ashamed:. Would get back to N2 soon and let you know.

As of now, I'd just say, it makes great sense as a second player or for someone who needs a powerful player, but don't want something huge. But, if used as the primary player, one needs to live with their limitations and annoyances. Some may not be as important for others. For e.g., Gap-less is important for me as I have a few gap-less albums I often listen to, but don't think everybody would be disappointed with it.

Every EX1000 review , every!! sure is intriguing ! :(

"not the fastest or the best technically. But when it engages you on those occasions, you just know it's magic." - for EX1000

:D

Sorry about your wallet santosh , ( and possibly mine too :( )

Didnt want to create a thread for this so asking it here, does anybody know of a decent carry case? I need it for my RE262, I really dont want them to die on me because Head-direct is so cheap to not provide a carry case for a $250 IEM :(

Should be <500, although the lesser the merrier

Mephistopheles said:
Didnt want to create a thread for this so asking it here, does anybody know of a decent carry case? I need it for my RE262, I really dont want them to die on me because Head-direct is so cheap to not provide a carry case for a $250 IEM :(. Should be <500, although the lesser the merrier

1. Soundmagic case - available locally
  2. This case - Carrying Hard Case Storage Bag hold Earphone Headphone - eBay (item 330390358921 end time Mar-22-11 21:31:38 PDT). You can find lower priced cases like this, but not all of them ship to India.
  3. MEElectronics cases?

@Benny,

Any chance those are ACS at Jaben?

On topic of random IEM, Xears TDIII is probably among the best of my continuing, wallet draining experimentation with Thomas' IEMs. I doubt if I have the patience to add it to my already long wall of words in the "9 IEM comparison". It has got a good presence across the spectrum. It has not much of TDI's shortcomings, has many of TDII's strengths, but adds that all important lushness to the midrange, may be the presence of some blackwood is introducing some black magic into the sound.

I am also liking the Crossroads Woody 2 post burn-in of 25 hrs. When I first got it on loan, it had a horrible balance with mids being obscured by either side of the spectrum. But, somehow it sounds better now, even balanced. May be it's the 25 hour gap of not listening to it that burned my brain ;)

While on the topic of Woodies, let me also bring in my surprise buy of the now discontinued Playaz N1. It's build quality is nothing to write home about. But the sound is almost how I want. Open sound stage (only FX700 and PR401 have a presentation like this, N1 falls right in between), good bass with extension, slightly warm and thick but pretty good mids, treble to my rolled off ears sounds fine. It may not have all the details and refinement higher end IEMs are capable of, but works well as a fun IEM. If this can hold up to some abuse, which I very much doubt, it could be my regular travel IEMs. These are vented. So, I may need to pull some crazy "mods" like this.

Brainwavz Alpha is pretty decent for a $15 IEM. If I choose to see it as a bundled earphone along with a player, it would turn out to be among the better ones. Probably, PAA-1 earbuds from Amp3 could be it's competition. Not sure how F1 (that comes with Cube) is. Slightly dark from the 5-10 mins I spent with it. But, mids were good enough, bass was decent. Nothing special, but better than I expected.

Back