Audio Random IEM / Headphone Rants

Anyone tried the RoCoo P and the RoCoo BA?

As long as you have time and won't mind reading something which still needs some work - http://www.techenclave.com/reviews-previews/hisoundaudio-rocoo-p-non-audiophile-129720/

esanthosh
but it seems sansa has discontinued both clip + & fuse +
but fuse + seems to be available with pristinenotes...............have you had any experience with fuse +...? is the control pad really bad as they say?

I have not tried Fuze+ myself. Would not be interested in other Sansas as long as my Clip+ (which has survived 7 drops so far, 4 in the last month) is working fine.

but it seems sansa has discontinued both clip + & fuse +
Don't confuse terms. These are not discontinued by Sansa, they are probably "Out of Stock" or no longer carried by FlipKart. Sansa is still selling Clip+, ClipZip, Fuze+.

SanDisk Products

IIRC, PN was the original supplier to FK. If PN still has stock, and this is what you want, I'd say go ahead.

is the control pad really bad as they say?
I believe Sansa had updated the firmware to address this issue. However I have neither the original nor the updated product; I cannot really comment if it still remains an issue.

esanthosh Gryph0n
1) would a combination of SanDisk Fuze 8GB + Fiio E7 + 32GB Internal SD=(4,400.00+4828+1400) be better than iPod Classic 160GB
2) would be a Hippo Gumstick be better than SanDisk Fuze8GB SQ wise...

If you can get a Fuze(i.e. not the +) and rockbox it, then it will definitely be the superior music player(though the classic lets you watch videos). Rockbox has a bunch of really great features and the fuze scroll wheel is totally suited for using it as well.

If you can get a Fuze(i.e. not the +) and rockbox it, then it will definitely be the superior music player(though the classic lets you watch videos). Rockbox has a bunch of really great features and the fuze scroll wheel is totally suited for using it as well.
^+1.
Unfortunately, it's probably been around a year (if not more) since the Fuze was discontinued. It's going to be pretty tough to find a fresh piece in the market now; used/2nd hand is another matter though.

In one of my weakest moments, went ahead and ordered a Cowon X9. Other than rated battery life, it held absolutely no interest for me. Last time I owned a S9, I did not know enough to do a review. Perhaps when I am terribly bored and got nothing else to do, I'll do a X9 review this time.

Gryph0n
but flipkart is showing as Permanently discontinued
Sansa : Buy in India @ Flipkart.com
Dude, let me state it again: It's not discontinued by Sansa.

http://shop.sandisk.com/store/sdisk...parentCategoryID.11442300/categoryID.48956100

In one of my weakest moments, went ahead and ordered a Cowon X9. Other than rated battery life, it held absolutely no interest for me. Last time I owned a S9, I did not know enough to do a review. Perhaps when I am terribly bored and got nothing else to do, I'll do a X9 review this time.
It would certainly be interesting to hear your take on a 'consumer' grade item after you've been with an 'audiophile' grade player for so long now. Cowon's used to be well known for battery life, and BBE effects. However they seem to have lost their way with the Android craze.

Does anyone here see the IE800 as a potential purchase in the future? High end iem with no user replaceable cable at 550 - 600 euros, so many turnoffs but I'm still intrigued =\

Second hand a year from its release .......maybe.

finally i tried electrostatic sound today !!
All that talk of being quick , i thought it wont have enough bass for electronic and Pop. Glad to say, i was mistaken.

These phone are amazingly balanced, i thought the HE6 were balanced , i can say now that the HE6 sure are a little on the brighter side. I say these are balanced (despite HE6 being my reference for balanced sound ) cause no part of the FR is emphasized EVER. Everything is very well coordinated, as am listening to some pop music now i feel that the mids are a little forward but when i hear techno i dont feel that way at all. lets the music take control, quite great feet for an HP.

soundstage rather small for an Open Headphone. ( but still larger than HE6 ) Imaging is quite good , but note perfect ( my search or awesome imaging HP continues)

VERY Comfortable headphones , have been using for 12 Hrs non stop ( with a few 30 minutes brake ) , no pressure on head or ear.

AND FINALLY NO Microphonics (almost ) . never though i would say this .

Does anyone here see the IE800 as a potential purchase in the future? High end iem with no user replaceable cable at 550 - 600 euros, so many turnoffs but I'm still intrigued =\

Potential for buying used is always there ;). I have a long list of IEMs I want to try before that - FI-BA-SS, K3003, TG334, FAD PFIX, CK100Pro, 4Ai, UM3X-RC. But if the reviews, especially if somebody I know, says it sounds like HD800, I will be very tempted.

finally i tried electrostatic sound today !!

All that talk of being quick , i thought it wont have enough bass for electronic and Pop. Glad to say, i was mistaken.

VERY Comfortable headphones , have been using for 12 Hrs non stop ( with a few 30 minutes brake ) , no pressure on head or ear.

Yet no mention of the make or model. Koss ESP950? Stax? Which one? Which amplifier? Did you buy them?

Ah.. Sorry. Koss esp 950
I used the e90 energiser that came with it , so its only uphill from here (regarding the amp ) .
Yeah i baught them. ( am glad i did )
i just hope i knew about them an year and a half ago when i was buying the HE6, these are clearly above any HP i have tried ( yeah with the bundled amp) . Listening to freebird and warpigs ensured that.
i cant stress how balanced the sound i, detail wise the he6 scores though.

@strategy,

Now that you've heard an electrostat, do you think it makes sense to go for a higher end Stax (even if it takes time) than going for HD800?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking that too. I like the 950 cause of their balanced sound, yeah they are fast and the sound is as effortless as it gets but till now i dont feel much differece between the technologies ( stat v/s ortho v/s dynamic) . But as it has only been a day, ill refraing from saying much. But apart from the balanced sound there is something ( i cant put my finger on it , maybe the speed or may be the something else) .
Cant aay much about elecrostat but, i can whole heartly recommend the esp though, i feel its VFM, ( also its lifetime warranty. ) in fact i guarantee esanthosh , you will like them. They work with stax pro bias amps as well , so any stax amp will work with it ( improving the sound over its bundled energiser) .

More good news for you , it can be used with 6aa batteries , just get chargable batteries and you are set for 10 hrs. ( i used mine with batteries yesterday.) so powercut proof ( as i remember you cursing powecuts)
I have not heard the hd800, i really want to hear them. Am eager to here them more than sr009 infact ( cause sr009 is a sure shot purchase in my HP roadmap)

Back