Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

iGo said:
A Tale of Two Sisters (original) was very good.

The problem with re-making Japanese horror movies in hollywood friendly style, is that it loses it's soul most of the times.. Because of strong reference to Japanese lifestyle and culture in the original movies, which gets completely ignored in remakes and most the time remakes end up being... well, just another cheap copy.

Didn't get that movie at all.

thetoxicmind said:
I meant that, upon consideration of the two movies separately...
ACO is just great if you watch in the right perspective and understand the whole idea behind the film. :no:
It wasn't meant to be an outright entertainer !
It depends on what kind of cinema you're into & appreciate it for what it is. I, for one, am very picky. The ones I like instantly, I rate them accordingly, same goes with average & bad movies. No two ways to that. I didn't find anything special about this film. If you're a Stanley Kubrick fan or even an ACO fan, out of sheer curiosity, what did you find so extraordinary about this film? :)

Just asking in a general manner. No sarcasm intended. ;)

Half Ticket

Brilliant Act by Kishor Kumar, Madhubala & Pran. Helen looks beautiful & young as never before.

10/10 to Kishore Kumar for song 'Aake Seedhi Laagi' wherein he sings in both male and female voice that too with very fast switching.

Cheers Moserbaer for a priceless movie in 45bucks :hap2:

I know thz why i asked "are u srs"
F|0ccY said:
Bullshit...

10 chars

Are you serious again??? did u watch when u were not high and not sleepy ??? infact even if u were sleepy this movie has to chance to hell to bore you..
Rave said:
Fast and Furious 4

3/10, oh no wait, -3/10, 2 hrs of my life wasted!

Last Chance Harvey - 7/10

A decent movie, Premise is similar to Before Sunrise/Sunset. Acting is quite good (as expected) from Dustin Hoffman and Emma Thomson. Background music is classy. Ending is cliched but these kind of movies are expected that way.

The Other Boleyn Girl - 5.5/10

I am following awesome Showtime drama 'Tudors' based on life of King Henry VIII so I was disappointed with the characters portrayed by Eric Bana (Worst ), Natalie Portman although Scarlett Johansson was pretty good.

Also none of the actors did do justice to their characters and the pace of movie is erratic. Anways If anyone has any interest in history of King Henry VIII, Elizabeth I , etc. one might love 'Tudors' with stellar acting from King Henry VIII

Schindler's List! 9/10.

Classé should I say. A point less since the movie was frigging 3 hrs long. But well worth the watch I say. Liam Neeson in yet another classy role. :D

Peeps who haven't watched this should give a try. :)

AL Pacino Week starts now. I will be watching some Al Pacino films which are regarded as best of his career.

A few have already been watched... more will follow (will appreciate if peeps here can list some of his better films)

to begin with

Dog Day Afternoon: 9/10 one of the greatest performances I have ever seen

Scent of a Woman: 9/10

Heat: 7/10

Godfather I: 9/10

Scareface: 8/10

Devil's Advocate: 6/10

Back