Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Gannu said:
Taken - 10/10. :O

Whatta movie! :O

Recommended shit! 90 mins wouldn't have been this amazing! :O

Exactly !! I didn't know Liam Neeson could do this kinda stuff. The scene where he talks to his daughter and tells her what's gonna happen was so well enacted. He was so bloody cold in that scene as if he weren't human !!

^True that...and the ways he kicks azz allover the place..with CQC is awesome...plus at the end the way the takes out the main guy...Neeson is so in the zone!!!

^^ no doubt Taken was quite a watch but I can't help feeling that it borrowed too heavily from Bourne Series. Music, pacing, fight scenes, everything is modeled on Bourne stuff.

^I knew this comment would fly across. I didn't find ACO that appealing. PERIOD. I'm not sure what the hype is all about.

Also How can you even compare ACO to Pineapple Express? Is it just because I listed them one below the other? :p

What if I listed 'Taken' above with a rating of 9/10? Would you ask me the same question? ;)

Ethan_Hunt said:
^I knew this comment would fly across. I didn't find ACO that appealing. PERIOD. I'm not sure what the hype is all about.

Also How can you even compare ACO to Pineapple Express? Is it just because I listed them one below the other? :p

What if I listed 'Taken' above with a rating of 9/10? Would you ask me the same question? ;)

I meant that, upon consideration of the two movies separately...
ACO is just great if you watch in the right perspective and understand the whole idea behind the film. :no:
It wasn't meant to be an outright entertainer !

Anyways, people have different(particular at times) tastes... :p

Just finished watching The Fly(remake)

Without any doubt this is by far the best David Cronenberg film for me(besides Videodrome)

Great story line with brilliant performances from Jeff Goldblum and Geena Davis. Make up and visualization was outstanding.

A must watch for any sci-fi horror fan

9/10

"Aa Dekhe Zaraa".. okay movie.. something unusual from Hindi Film INdustry. Of course we've seen similar themes from hollywood.. but then this was something different tried by Indians. Movie ended as if there is gonna be a part 2.. which really sounds stupid... Also that song has a part which says "aage hota hain kya.. aa dekhe zaraa".

Anyways.. dont think its needed to Rate this movie as its quite old now and ppl know about it.. so.. :p

The Uninvited : 8/10

Based on Japanese movie "A Tale Of Two Sisters". It really acts like your typical B-grade horror out of hollywood these days, but it pulls it off nicely.

Params7 said:
Based on Japanese movie "A Tale Of Two Sisters"

A Tale of Two Sisters (original) was very good.

The problem with re-making Japanese horror movies in hollywood friendly style, is that it loses it's soul most of the times.. Because of strong reference to Japanese lifestyle and culture in the original movies, which gets completely ignored in remakes and most the time remakes end up being... well, just another cheap copy.

Back