Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

vishalrao said:
Full Metal Jacket (1987) 7/10 good famous movie, first time im watching this one. sadly these war flicks (black hawk down, saving private ryan etc) look all the same and unoriginal to me now, like your standard courtroom dramas, medical shows etc...

What did you watch them all in a stretch or something?

BHD, SPR and FMJ are all completely different storylines but based on military war.

Params7 said:
What did you watch them all in a stretch or something?

BHD, SPR and FMJ are all completely different storylines but based on military war.

no not in a stretch :) of course the storylines will be different else they would just be obvious rip-offs. its just that it felt as if the movies were written by the same person and directed by the same person... not saying they're bad, i liked SPR the best i think out of whatever war movies i've watched...

its like songs by the same artist in an album... most of them sound alike...

or like watching "epic" movies... braveheart, 300, troy, gladiator... they "feel" the same... each has some "shouting out your dialogues" scenes:

gladiator: "are you not entertained!" (cant remember a better one)

braveheart: "they may take our lives, but never our freedom!"

troy: (didnt even watch this one, trailers were enough to put me off).

300: "this is sparta!"

you see what i mean?

Franklyn (2008) 5/10 bah some artsy/fantasy incomprehensible movie. you need a higher intellect level to follow this i guess. i needed to read the imdb page to figure out just the underlying storyline. has eva green in it.

Taken - 7/10

The Reader - 8/10

Transformers 2 - 5/10

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - 8/10

Seven Pounds - 6/10

Cruel Intentions 1,2,3 - 5/10 avg.

The Conversation (1974) 6/10 decent movie about a paranoid eavesdropper gene hackman with a young harrison ford in it. but its slowww moving, almost no sound effects/soundtrack, may have been good in the 70s but these days it would be a boring flop.

Terminator Salvations. 10/10

Can't believe so many people are giving negative reviews about this movie. I was so convinced that this was a bad movie that I nearly decided to not watch it and go for New York instead. I don't know what was expected of this movie by everyone who slammed it. Good action nice plot and Robots what else can anyone ask for. I read that a few expected a large scale battle but how is that possible considering Skynet nuked and wiped out almost everyone on Judgement day. Instead the small pockets of people (something like Mad Max) fighting was more believable for me.

People are considerate towards Terminator 3 which according to me was horrible they should terminate the director and the guy who played John Connor in that movie.

The Last House On The Left
6/10
Transformers 2 Revenge Of The Fallen
7/10
Marley And Me
5/10
Night At The Museum 2
5/10
Drag Me To Hell
7/10
Parasomnia
7/10
That all seen in last two days.

Terminator: Salvation: 5/10 ! McG you killed a cult franchise ! Turned into something of a popcorn action movie. R.I.P Terminator. Taking the movie beyond Judgement day was a bad idea itself.

Back