Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

YoGi-Sama

Skilled
Jul 14, 2007
City of Blinding Lights
ocularimpressions.com
Drag Me to Hell - 8.5/10

Way too simple plot, typical horror movie characters, been-there-done-that dialogues and genuine B-grade horror movie nostalgic feel.

But you give all these things in the hands of brilliant director and he'll turn this into absolutely enjoyable movie. The movie does not try to bullshit you about being some highly sophisticated horror flick with some ridiculous (so-called) deep philosophy and bad special effects. Instead it stays honest to it's main plot, takes things in steady pace and linear manner. You pretty much know what's going to happen and it happens. It doesn't try to fool you with stupid no-shock moments. Sam Raimi takes all the shortcomings of the plot and characters and turns them into the movie's strong points.

Of-course Drag Me to Hell is not Oscar worthy movie or as such and the best part is that it doesn't even try a bit to be. This is like what "Shoot 'em up" was to action flick. Simple, Honest, no-bullshit movie that remains true to it's genre. In both the movies, their respective directors managed to keep the B-grade feel of the screenplay and story intact while elevating the viewing experience notch higher.

prabs

Skilled
Jul 24, 2006
Ayneh - A good persian movie I saw a few days back on World Movies. I think you guys should watch it. It is more of a documentary and I am sure you will fall in love with the sweet girl in this movie.

b00gieMan

Adept
Jul 19, 2008
boogiemanscave.wordpress.com
^^ Wake Up Sid?? Really?? U kidding me??

Anyways saw this nice movie on NDTV LUMIERE last night.

Under the Bombs - War in Lebonan

Its plot: A lady and her sister's son come to Lebenon and there the war strikes and its a real hell there.. The other lady who is sister and the mother of the son(who are in the war country) rushes alone from Dubai on seeing all this. She wants to go to the South region but no cab drive is ready but one (who is the main male character of the movie).. he agrees to take her seeing "Her beautiful eyes and ahum.. breasts". They then take the cab and search for the son and the sister.. and in this journey as they show taht they are asking the refugees and locals there and they tell them the horror they face they everyday and many ladies had to leave their son where they were and just run to save their own lives.. and now those children are dead.. And then further she discovers taht her sister is dead and stuffs.... Just watch the movie.. its really good.. its not a Commercial movie but neither is a romantic story with sex and romance.. its not even documentary.. but its GOOOD.

b00gieMan

Adept
Jul 19, 2008
boogiemanscave.wordpress.com
LOL :rofl: i knew i'd see your Reaction to my Reaction Bluufmaster from bharat :p

I certainly dont think that.. but man we've already got the same plot in Lakshya.. and that was more than enough.. dont need this all over again and specially with Retarded Kapoor ..oops sorry Ranbir Kapoor.

chiron

Skilled
Feb 8, 2006
^^ plenty of good movies in both Hindi and Tamil this year. Nowadays, hollywood's output is getting more and more mediocre while our movies are definitely showing improvements in editing pacing etc.

spindoctor

Skilled
Feb 19, 2006
SharekhaN said:
The Last Castle - 8/10.

Nice acting by robert redford.

that was a good movie. really enjoyed it.

chiron said:
our movies are definitely showing improvements in editing pacing etc.

and yet in most movies, they still burst into pointless song and dance every 10 minutes or so?

thetoxicmind

ex-Mod
Jun 3, 2007
Interweb
Finally...

Transformers : Revenge of the Fallen ~ 8.5/10

All that transforming action, gadgetry and megan fox (duh!?), leave me thirsty for more ! :eek:hyeah:

chiron

Skilled
Feb 8, 2006
spindoctor said:
and yet in most movies, they still burst into pointless song and dance every 10 minutes or so?

lol... wtf i can't believe I am the guy defending hindi movies here :p

YoGi-Sama

Skilled
Jul 14, 2007
City of Blinding Lights
ocularimpressions.com
Wake Up Sid - 8/10

Nicely made movie. Despite Ranbir Kapoor's non-existent acting abilities, the movie is so well directed and rest of the cast's performance literally carries the movie's central character throughout the movie. Ranbir Kapoor has only one expression, that of dumbfounded face and it gets sort of irritating especially when it's in the same frame with amazingly natural Konkana Sen-Sharma.

But nevertheless, the movie is really really well directed and screenplay is one of best I've seen lately. Like I said earlier, Ranbir Kapoor's wooden face doesn't become any hitch in enjoying this movie.