Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Dookudu (Telugu Movie) 8/10 Nice time pass full commercial movie but a long one (2:49), Prakash Raj's acting is very good and Mahesh Babu is also good

Based on the ever-popular Marvel comic book series, first published in 1963, Marvel’s The Avengers brings together the mightiest super hero characters as they all assemble together on screen for the first time. Continuing the epic big-screen adventures started in Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, and Captain America: The First Avenger, Marvel’s The Avengers is the super hero team up of a lifetime. When an unexpected enemy emerges that threatens global safety and security, Nick Fury, director of the international peacekeeping agency known as S.H.I.E.L.D., finds himself in need of a team to pull the world back from the brink of disaster.

First Trailer for Marvel Studios' THE AVENGERS Debuts | The Daily BLAM!

Marvel's The Avengers - Movie Trailers - iTunes

:O

^Hey I agree with Captain America and green lantern being garbage but Thor was entertaining. C'mon!

Some recent movies I saw -

Shawshank Redemption - 9/10 - Simply Brilliant! Top-notch performances and direction, but not the best movie I've seen as imdb seems to suggest.

Star Trek - 6/10 - Was just OK

Zodiac - 6/10 - Overrated

Gone Baby Gone - 6.5/10 - Overrated as well

Lost in Translation - 7/10 Decent watch, got a bit boring.

Kick Ass - 8/10 - Great Entertainer

The Time Traveler's Wife - 7/10 Decent watch, good concept

Mephistopheles said:
^Hey I agree with Captain America and green lantern being garbage but Thor was entertaining. C'mon!

Sorry to say but Thor was utter garbage :|

It should have been Thud. I would rather watch Main hoon na 2wice in a day.

They treated and made batman (begins and dark knight) like a regular movie and it turned out great.

With all the movies like green lantern, captain america and thor, they just seem to have taken an animated movie's script and turned it into a reg feature film.

^^ Isn't that just the point of converting a Comic Book character into a live action movie? I mean it's an alternate universe, what do you expect? That superheroes should be regular people with 9-5 day jobs? Try and make a movie out of that.

Horrible Bosses - 8.5/10

Hilarious!

Red State - 6/10 didn't expect it to be this good,but the climax got messed up

John Tucker Must Die - 5/10 the leading lady was supercute :p

A moment to remember - 7/10 quite fab.half of Hindi movie actors should learn from asian actors how to emote.Instead maybe they will copy it.

Oh no! they already did U Me Aur Hum (2008) - IMDb :facepalm:

The Mist - 8/ 10

A must watch. Truly terrifying, not because of the creatures but its something else, the end is really something. I would never want to be in that fella shoes.

Very nice movie.

Dark Star said:
The Mist - 8/ 10

A must watch. Truly terrifying, not because of the creatures but its something else, the end is really something. I would never want to be in that fella shoes.

Very nice movie.

Yea, the build up is freaky -- and the ending was really really nerve racking. Good watch. True.

Dark Star said:
The Mist - 8/ 10

Very nice movie.

So true. Love the movie to bits. The discussion between Frank Darabont & Stephen King is amazing and the B&W version (added bonus on blu ray) is simply awesome. Gives a more eerie feel to the movie than the regular version.

All in all, one of my fav movies ever !

phoenix844884 said:
^^ Isn't that just the point of converting a Comic Book character into a live action movie? I mean it's an alternate universe, what do you expect? That superheroes should be regular people with 9-5 day jobs?

A movie based on comic book characters with real actors doesnt mean you have to show the alternate universe and be done with it. Whatever universe you show, whichever time shift you are sticking to for jobs (if at all u r that is), common sense doesnt eludes any of the movie - That is the most important aspect.

You dont break the fight sequence which you want to see from the parallel universe even before they come out of infancy.

Last, but not the least.. poor acting will get the movie nowhere.

A kid will ignore these aspects and will sit with overawed expresssion. Not the target audience.

Spacescreamer said:
A movie based on comic book characters with real actors doesnt mean you have to show the alternate universe and be done with it. Whatever universe you show, whichever time shift you are sticking to for jobs (if at all u r that is), common sense doesnt eludes any of the movie - That is the most important aspect.

You dont break the fight sequence which you want to see from the parallel universe even before they come out of infancy.

Last, but not the least.. poor acting will get the movie nowhere.

A kid will ignore these aspects and will sit with overawed expresssion. Not the target audience.

If that is what it takes to enjoy a movie, then I want to be a kid for the rest of my life. At least these movies take me back to the fun times I had as a kid when I read those comic books. Bad acting (some of it is bound to creep in when you cast rookies) aside, at least all these latest superhero movies did a decent job at sticking to the original mythos and origins of our beloved characters. Moreover to compress 50+ years of backstory into a 90 minute movie is one heck of a job. On top of that they have to force in multiple action sequences just to appease the 'target audience'. Also the compulsion to show the alternate universe within the confines of this universe is probably what is screwing up the movies, because I guess the 'target audience' wants to see a superhero but not allow them to fly around with their hammer or ring, as that defies the laws of this universe. :p

You can't have everything in a 90 minute movie, so be happy that the movie makers did something decent this year. Remember Jonah Hex from last year? Gives me the shudders just by thinking I wasted my money on that!

Back