Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

I'll give Labyrinth a miss since its kinda old now will watch Pan's Labyrinth

No worries. But Bowie ...is BOW BOW --- wowie. Just mentioned that movie cause it has him, and you do not get to many movies with Rock God's playing a substantial role, unless it is KISS who made their own lame-fest movie. LOL. :)

For the Western Buffs:
Hannie Caulder : 7 / 10. Actually 6 / 10, but gets another extra brownie point for the lead actress Raquel Welch. She was so pretty, and seemed a heady mix of Claudia Cardinale and Sophia Loren. What a leggy lass, with a brunette mane. Christopher Lee (Saruman) provides good support. Ernest Brognine, is quite a bad villain and along with Jack Elam makes a good combination. Robert Culp was nice too.

Decent story and nice background score.

The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 (9/10)
The Dark Knight Returns Part 2 (9/10)

Must watch for all Batman fans. I always thought the graphic novel was pretty overrated but what an amazing movie it translated into.
Not to take anything away from the Nolan movies which were awesome, but I dare say this is equally good and many times even better.

Holy f***ing shit, truly the greatest Batman story ever told. Sorry, mind blown right now :p.
And yes, it's better than Rises.

As a Batman fan who was seriously disappointed with TDKR, thank you so much for this! I was supposed to sleep 1.5 hours ago and now I'm so charged up after watching Part 1, I'm not sleepy at all! :|

Part 2 tomorrow night/morning! :D

Sorry but why were you seriously dissappointed for TDKR isn't that a over reaction.

Not really. I appreciate the fact that Nolan has made the superhero genre more realistic and believable (as in TDK). But if you remove the superhero element from the movie itself and the entire movie is less about Batman and more about Bruce Wayne, it is seriously disappointing.

To help my lazy ass, here's a video. I was just disappointed with the key plot holes (not things like "This guy fell down for no reason"), which were glaringly visible at the time -

Not really. I appreciate the fact that Nolan has made the superhero genre more realistic and believable (as in TDK). But if you remove the superhero element from the movie itself and the entire movie is less about Batman and more about Bruce Wayne, it is seriously disappointing.

To help my lazy ass, here's a video. I was just disappointed with the key plot holes (not things like "This guy fell down for no reason"), which were glaringly visible at the time -

That is not a legitimate criticism. Videos of this nature usually attack anything popular despite it's quality. It's annoying.

If you remove the One Ring in LOTR, it is just a lame movie of two dudes walking through the mountains with another lame dude who was the previous owner of the Ring. But wait, we've removed the Ring, what does that suggest? That's right, such a lame movie.

IMO LOTR movies had the lamest villains ever. They NEVER win anything, they manage to kill only one significant character but he gets resurrected almost immediately.

IMO LOTR movies had the lamest villains ever. They NEVER win anything, they manage to kill only one significant character but he gets resurrected almost immediately.
vx8a8.jpg

Back