Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Jupiter Ascending => 1/10 I want 2 hours of my life back !!

Lol i saw it a few weeks back and didn't even bother mentioning it here.
Never before have i felt so disconnected from a movie, couldn't give a damn about the plot or characters and the love story felt so tacked on. The only thing that kept me going was to see if Sean Bean made it to the end :p
What disappointed me most was this was from the geniuses that gave us the Matrix.

Lol i saw it a few weeks back and didn't even bother mentioning it here.
Never before have i felt so disconnected from a movie, couldn't give a damn about the plot or characters and the love story felt so tacked on. The only thing that kept me going was to see if Sean Bean made it to the end :p
What disappointed me most was this was from the geniuses that gave us the Matrix.
Darn you ! You could have saved me 2 hrs mate ! But seriously, even I was really shocked to see this crap from the Wachowskis, I mean I didn't expect anything near the Matrices but at least a decent 1 time watch. It felt like a movie from a first time director who had no idea what he's gonna do before starting.

Darn you ! You could have saved me 2 hrs mate ! But seriously, even I was really shocked to see this crap from the Wachowskis, I mean I didn't expect anything near the Matrices but at least a decent 1 time watch. It felt like a movie from a first time director who had no idea what he's gonna do before starting.
I concur it was bad, but i watched i for Mila Kunis. So not very dissapointed :).

It is a solid 10/10. Believe me. Irfan, is a supporting actor, but his acting is mind-blowing. One of those rare actors, who can speak without talking. Deepika P, acted decent and no Bollywood over-acting. Big B, is rocking. I laughed a lot. Honestly. The movie has real heart.

+1. Agreed.
A total entertainer indeed. I would rate 9/10 (for being little slow and less funny in the post interval part) :D

Galaxy Quest (1999) - 8/10 watched it long back and watched it today again. one of those movies which you want to watch while relaxing and feel good about.

Avengers AOU 3d - 7.5/10 (Good movie but avengers are not the superheroes of my type :p)
Gabbar - 7/10 (movie is average but the goal is good)

Eagerly waiting for Mad Max since its trailer release have high hopes for it.The trailer is one of the best i have seen from past 2 yrs insanly awesome.I hope it wont dissapoint and will be madly awesome as i think it is.

Gabbar - 7/10 (movie is average but the goal is good)
Gabbar - 6/10: I enjoyed this for what it's worth. Akki still has the chops to pull out such roles. Went in without expecting much and was entertained.

Also, trying to catch up on some earlier Scorsese work.
Taxi Driver - 6.5/10 : De Niro acts well but the theme/tone didn't quite work for me. Wasn't able to identify with the character's motivations. I guess reading/hearing too much about old classics and going with too many expectations kinda ruins the possible impact. Similar thing happened when I watched Godfather and Blade runner.

Gangs of New York - 7.5/10 : What an atmosphere Scorcese creates and Bill the butcher was such a great character. Hats off to Daniel Day Lewis. Even though the story/plot didn't intrigue me much, I was thoroughly engulfed by the setting and characters.

Next ones on the list: Raging bull and goodfellas.

Ex Machina - 7/10 would be interesting for people who are computer science guys. but then at the end I felt that the movie could've been much more thrilling.
Chappie - 2/10 watched first 30 mins. didnt like it at all. When I say Neil Blomkamp I was expecting something fresh and ground breaking. It felt like district 9 all over again. felt like this movie is whoring district 9's success.

I was expecting something fresh and ground breaking.

Fresh ? I'm beginning to think he's a one-trick pony, all his movies share the same plot, exposition elements, locations and characters.
I just hope he keeps South African ghettos out of Alien 5, that and Sharlto Copley.
Whoever thought casting Die Antwoord was a good idea should be fired, made the movie unwatchable for me.

Back