Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Dedicated member of TE, Reporting live from crime scene :tearsofjoy:

More like I was really angry with the previous Imax Romulus experience. Whole movie was blurry, ruined the overall feel (since I'm a huge Alien fan- have seen Alien and Aliens over 20-25 times each) and was basically making me super pissed. Hence highlighting it was isolated to the theatre, and the movie is quite flawless visually. Excellent use of light effects.

More like I was really angry with the previous Imax Romulus experience. Whole movie was blurry, ruined the overall feel (since I'm a huge Alien fan- have seen Alien and Aliens over 20-25 times each) and was basically making me super pissed. Hence highlighting it was isolated to the theatre, and the movie is quite flawless visually. Excellent use of light effects.
I saw it on first day in PVR Priya IMAX which has laser imax projector, the recommended one for watching such movies with lots of contrasting dark scenes. Even before PVR Priya was converted to IMAX it had the best movie projector in entire North India as per some expert sources on reddit. Movie itself was alright, obviously no match to the legendary original & its equally legendary James Cameron sequel but found it better than Covenant & a bit better than Prometheus.
Doesn't matter. I've been watching on that screen for 7 years now. Never seen such blurriness.
I ditched Logix IMAX for PVR Priya ever since it was converted to imax. Ticket prices are cheaper & screen as well as seats are much better & for me travel time difference is hardly half an hour. Both of them are 5 min walk from nearest metro station too.

I saw it on first day in PVR Priya IMAX which has laser imax projector, the recommended one for watching such movies with lots of contrasting dark scenes. Even before PVR Priya was converted to IMAX it had the best movie projector in entire North India as per some expert sources on reddit. Movie itself was alright, obviously no match to the legendary original & its equally legendary James Cameron sequel but found it better than Covenant & a bit better than Prometheus.

I ditched Logix IMAX for PVR Priya ever since it was converted to imax. Ticket prices are cheaper & screen as well as seats are much better & for me travel time difference is hardly half an hour. Both of them are 5 min walk from nearest metro station too.

Who will go to Priya from Noida? :p

Logix is next door for me.

From city centre metro to vasant vihar metro it will take around 1 hour so yeah depends on how much you want the better picture quality. For me it takes just half an hour more to reach vasant vihar than city centre metro.

I'll take the laser Imax at DLF. Smaller screen but thr seats are better. Been to Priya tons of times when I was at Munirka - fond memories of 50 and 100 rupee morning tickets.

I'll take the laser Imax at DLF. Smaller screen but thr seats are better. Been to Priya tons of times when I was at Munirka - fond memories of 50 and 100 rupee morning tickets.
I have been to DLF & the IMAX their has seats at max same as pvr priya but definitely not better unless something changed in last 2-3 months not to mention DLF Mall of India imax has a very annoying exit sign just beside the screen which is always lit up even during the screening of the movie last time I went there. Btw, PVR priya imax non-recliner seats also have a bit reclining back/head rest.

I have been to DLF & the IMAX their has seats at max same as pvr priya but definitely not better unless something changed in last 2-3 months not to mention DLF Mall of India imax has a very annoying exit sign just beside the screen which is always lit up even during the screening of the movie last time I went there. Btw, PVR priya imax non-recliner seats also have a bit reclining back/head rest.

I was comparing Imax seats between logix and dlf (not Priya).
I've been to old non Imax Priya - when it used to be a ginormous single screen.

Alien: Romulus - 7/10.
Movie was definitely better than expected, considering the nosedive the franchise took over the years.
Also, extra 0.5 for a couple of jump scares thrown in by the filmmaker.

The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare (2024)

I really enjoy Guy Ritchie's direction and so this was on my to watch list regardless of its reception. It's a fun, action packed ride with lots of comedic bits and good set-pieces. The charm and acting prowess of the two lead male actors carries a lot of the movie as it falls short on its writing and sometimes sound design as well. The action choreography overall is great but combined with its dated story structure feels a bit parodied, despite being trying its hardest to be earnest. Great one time watch preferably with a good, chatty company. You will get bored though if you try to watch it alone or seriously for that matter.

A generous 6/10

Gangs of Wasseypur - Part 2: 8/10.

Mafia Mahabharat! The sheer scale of the plot and the story telling is on another level. The point in Part II where it links up to the first few scenes of the first movie gave me goosebumps!

Back