Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Twisters (2024) - 6/10

Decent enough movie which stays true to the core element and does bring back memories from the OG movie Twister (1996). The original was such a hit in the 90's and will forever remain one of my favorite movies to watch on a HT setup. I still recollect how excited I was to try my Twister VCD in early 2001 on my old Sony music system which played VCDs and had this amazeballs Cinema Mode which at that time made my socks blow off with it's BIG sound!

Was a sequel to Twister needed though? I say not really but oh well...

Deadpool X Wolverine: 8/10

Hadn't seen any MCU movies after the disappointment that was Multiverse of Madness (on a related note, Pattinson's Batman was *chefs kiss*), and didn't have high hopes for this movie either - although I was secretly hoping I would be proven wrong. Went to see it for Hugh Jackman's Wolverine only, and was pleasantly surprised by the movie as whole! Very refreshing and welcome change for someone who used to be a diehard MCU fanboy (caught Endgame and Infinity War on the first day, even though the shows were around 11PM for both) but has been largely disappointed by films after No Way Home (still can't believe Love and Thunder was a real film; it felt like someone wrote a parody or satire using all the worst aspects of MCU films from 2nd half of phase 3 onwards). In fact, I largely ditched MCU after MoM and haven't seen a single piece of MCU media since.

Anyway, highly recommend watching the first 2 Deadpool movies to get a feel for the character as DP is probably the best thing to happen to superhero movies in a long time haha. Also, saw a clip of the Bhojpuri version somewhere online and I really need to see it. I saw Endgame with Bhojpuri dub back in the pandemic and it was the most fun I've had rewatching any movie XD

----------------

Maharaj: 6.5/10

Surprised how relatable many behaviors portrayed as being from the second half of 1850s are felt even today. "Bhakts," skip this one. Everyone else - please watch! Worth it just for gaining knowledge/an understanding of our past.

Last edited:
Back