Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Out Come the Wolves (2024) - 4/10

The wolf attack scenes are visceral but barring those there is nothing much in this movie to watch. Also, the way the movie ends is very abrupt. Kind of felt the writer wrote the plot in a short 30 minute flight back home and penned the ending in a cab on the way back from the airport.

Also, there is one point later in the movie where Missy Peregrym...

Shouts "Get Out" at a raging wolf who is actively attacking her and the wolf just runs away...I mean WTF!

Rebel Ridge : a solid 7, fantastic build up in tension and suspense. From the same director, who gave us Blue Ruin and Green Room.

Srikanth : another 7, inspiring story helmed by Rajkumar Rao with what he does best. Reminded me of his fantastic turn in Bareilly ki Barfi.

Trap - Kind of a letdown from the trailer. I was ready to suspend my disbelief but even for a Shyamalan movie, there were too many leaps of logic to be made. The first act at the concert was much better than the second. If you were to recut the movie to remove his advertisement for his daughter's singing career from being the focus and make it much more bloodier, you probably would have had a way more thrilling movie. I'm going to give it a 5.5/10 because at least he tried a novel premise.

Kalki- the most kalankit b**sh** scifi crappiest film ever.
Pathetic story and waste of effects, time and money!
They tried to copy and mix a kachra of madmax, resident evil, starwars and what not.

More to this torture there's another torturing part 2 incoming.

Will prefer watching brahmastra twice over this.

Trap - Kind of a letdown from the trailer. I was ready to suspend my disbelief but even for a Shyamalan movie, there were too many leaps of logic to be made. The first act at the concert was much better than the second. If you were to recut the movie to remove his advertisement for his daughter's singing career from being the focus and make it much more bloodier, you probably would have had a way more thrilling movie. I'm going to give it a 5.5/10 because at least he tried a novel premise.
too much letdown man I was waiting for this eagerly but was too disappointed.

I already know its was some shit and only confirmed when I actually dared watch it!
Kalki na ho saki aajki!
That's because you missed the main motto of the movie mentioned at the start of the movie itself "kal kay liye" (for tomorrow). You were supposed to watch this movie on day "kul" jo kabhi nahi aata (tomorrow never comes). :p

Aavesham

A laughter riot with exceptional acting by its leads. It is fun, vibrant and fresh. Feels a little long at times and would have benefited with more strict editing but it isn't a issue when you are enamored by the charm of the main lead throughout the movie. Great music and visuals as well.

7.5/10

Sector 36 Netflix 2024

10/10
Sector 36 hits hard and is too gruesome.

vikrant massey once again proves his versatility and deepak dobriyal as the inspector is simply brilliant.
Based on the nithari killings of delhi what pains me is that the killers are free and roaming.
A must watch .

Berlin - 2/10

A terribly long, convoluted snoozefest. Rahul Bose was good but the slow pacing doesn't really make this an interesting watch at all.
did you finish it?

Last edited:
Sector 36 - 9/10.

Not for the faint of heart. A gruesome, bloody and taut crime thriller with powerhouse performances from Vikrant Massey and Deepak Dobriyal.

That scene in the police station where...

Prem confesses to the crimes he is being accused of... Massey just takes his acting to towering heights. It's riveting stuff.

(I have had a few friends of mine who have left watching the movie after the first initial few minutes mainly because of excessive portrayal of gore. Completely understandable. I will say this that after the mid-point of the movie there isn't much gore at all. The intensity of story takes over and drives it forward).

@anmolbhard004 : Yes, I did complete Berlin. I hate abandoning movies mid-way. But it was a boring watch TBH.

Bad Newz - Below average.

Directors want to sell Tripti as eye candy, go ahead but when there's a wedding function and she's the only one wearing a bikini-top lehenga, it took me off the movie right from the start. Also, which restaurant allows anyone's relative to continuously barge into a high-pressure kitchen? And your daughter is thrown out of her husband's house and your entire family's priority is a reality TV show?

Watch it while doing something else for entertainment.

The Piano Teacher (2001, French) - 9/10

A remarkably well made movie. One of those movies that linger in your mind long after watching and the story of which you won't forget. Isabelle Huppert as the Piano teacher is exceptional in her role. She gets into the skin of the masochistic female teacher and dishes out a brilliant performance.

Adbhut (2024, Hindi) - 4/10. Bad.

Nawazuddin Siddiqui's career is on a nose dive it seems with choosing to act in such preposterously poorly scripted movies. He also appears to have lost weight and looks very haggard in general. Shreya Dhanwanthary needs to choose her projects wisely as well, she is way too talented to be featured in suh poor flicks.

Kaberi Antardhan (2023, Bengali) - 7/10

A very decent Bengali film with a strong cast that deliver. Churni Ganguly, Kaushik Ganguly and Kaushik Sen in particular are a treat to watch when they perform well on screen.

Bad Newz- 3/10
There were some funny scenes but whole as a movie it was just a waste of money and efforts.
Bad Newz - Below average.

Directors want to sell Tripti as eye candy, go ahead but when there's a wedding function and she's the only one wearing a bikini-top lehenga, it took me off the movie right from the start. Also, which restaurant allows anyone's relative to continuously barge into a high-pressure kitchen? And your daughter is thrown out of her husband's house and your entire family's priority is a reality TV show?

Watch it while doing something else for entertainment.
Same experience, put it on Tv and went to work on my computer .

Back