Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

gantz ... the anime was made into a feature movie , since i never saw or read the anime , it looked awesome .... waiting for the subtitled part 2 of it

raksrules said:
Currently Mumbai Pune volvo bus. Driver has put the movie Singam. First 15 min and I know that movie sucks.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

Whoa which bus? I thought they had stopped showing pirated stuff in buses after an incident. I haven't seen them play in recent times as well.

Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara - 7/10

A good tp movie. Maybe could have been a bit better, but I personally liked it.

Rango (2011) - 8.5/10

Rango is so, so damn good. From character design to the voice acting, everything is so nicely put in place that it works wonder as a movie as well sets the bar high as a work of art. Definitely one of the best animated flick this year.

Princess Aurora (2005) - 7/10

Not a perfect movie, but it delivers. It starts with slight hint of serial killing movie, but as the story unfolds it reveals a different shade, of main characters, of the plot, of the events... and even though it gets predictable at some points, it does manage to catch you with few surprises. All in all, another good delivery from Korean cinema.

The Yellow Sea (2010) - 8.5/10

As second movie from the same guy who made bone-chilling thriller "The Chaser", it's hard not to have expectations. As for me, the movie delivered as per my expectations and I would say that it's unfair to do comparison with "The Chaser". The movie is slightly long and the start may seem bit slow, but if you keep your patience you'll be rewarded well. Another gem from brilliant director/writer Hong-Jin Na.

Haunters (2010) - 7.5/10

Imagine you have a power to control people, taking over their minds and get them to do whatever you want. Except, you come across one man... who is immune to your power, who you can't control. Who is hell-bent on stopping you. Welcome to haunters. Besides a slightly predictable & slightly over-the-top ending and bit of a, slightly weird/unnecessary follow-through, a good movie with some great acting.

Running on Karma (2003) - 6.5/10

A decent one-time watch flick with some good bits by Andy Lau-Tak. The story has some good moments and some vague concepts thrown without explaining much. The end is good, logical but unfortunately not so well executed. Instead of untangling the story, the end may come as confusing to some viewers. Well worth a one-time watch.

A Dirty Carnival (2006) - 8/10

A gangster movie with touch of life. Unlike most of the gangster flicks, "A Dirty Carnival" takes a different approach. There's grit, but subtle. There's tragedy, but not overdone. There's action, but not over the top. "A Dirty Carnival" is, exactly as the name suggests. Director/Writer Hu Ya has treated the subject so well that it balances the movie perfectly in different genres. Definitely a good watch.

viralbug said:
Whoa which bus? I thought they had stopped showing pirated stuff in buses after an incident. I haven't seen them play in recent times as well.

Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara - 7/10

A good tp movie. Maybe could have been a bit better, but I personally liked it.

lol what incident?

cowboys and aliens - 6.5/10

the movie delivers what it meant to do.a mix of fun and non serious scifi with texas style drama with a pinch on emotion[very small pinch btw] and olivia wilde.worth the 200 rs i paid to pvr.

Singham : 6 / 10. (Will try the original now).

Charlotte's Web : 10/10. Good justice to the book.

Shaolin 2011 : 8/10. Great photography.

big.bad.boi said:
lol what incident?

Apparently one of the buses were showing a cam rip of a recently released Marathi movie. An actor from the same movie itself happened to be on the bus. He lodged a complaint and the bus service were charged for piracy. Since then I haven't really seen them showing just released movies.

^ I really found some of the scenes / dialogues entertaining .As I said its not a movie to you go for with serious expectations . It was something like Wanted .The same stupid entertaining villain who has acted pretty well . Ajay Devgan also has carried of the role so nicely and Kajal Aggarwal is ;). At the end of the day the movie was atleast not boring and irritating as ZMND ! :rofl: .

Back