Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Life of Pi - 10/10

Sadly the last movie I shall be viewing in a cinema hall. Just not worth it, with dumb-fu*** who come in give commentary during screening and act holier than thou. Delhi crowd is so so lame and idiotic. Have decided not to go to cinema halls anymore. :(

Totally understand what you mean. I've stopped going for weekend shows for this reason. If the exorbitant pricing and poor etiquette continues, I'm sure I'll completely stop going. I'm reminded of this scene

Looking for Eric

10/10

Best movie i have seen in quite some time. Eric Cantona is a magnificent bastard. His quote "When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

And of course, "What a friend we have in Jesus, He's our saviour from afar, What a friend we have in Jesus, and his name is Cantona."

--------------

Life of Pi

7/10

Decent movie. Quite some plot holes. Very unrealistic. One time watch.

--------------

Ek Tha Tiger

6/10

Entertaining watch. I really like Salman's acting.

--------------

Real Steel

9/10

Fabulous movie. Should've seen earlier. Great watch. All the leads did fantastic acting.

--------------

The Dirty Picture

8/10

HUGE Vidya Balan fan. So definitely liked this movie! Her acting is off the charts.

Life of Pi (3d) (7/10) - Worth watching if the ticket fare is 150 only ;). To be honest, except for some 3d effects and good animation (the tiger), theres really nothing to see in the movie.

A scene in which the zebra is hurt, has flies hovering around him. Flies in mid ocean? Well, I really doubt. :23:

Twilight - Breaking Dawn 2 - If you're goin' to be dragged to watch this by your gf/ better half, don't panic. Quite a decent watch & probably the most enjoyable of the series for a non-fan. I especially liked the end. In fact, I think it is exactly that which made the movie 'enjoyable' instead of 'ho-hum'.
7/10

ZYbQG.jpg

Now, I've never seen any of the Star Trek TV show or movies. So, where should I start? Generally, I find old series having atrociously ugly designs to be "very" painfully dull.
Can I simply start in ST universe with the Star Trek (2009) movie(and then later on can watch/understand Star Trek: Into Darkness in 2013)? Would I get it, without feeling like I'm backtracking? I mean, do I need a lot of background/past information of earlier versions of Star Trek universe? Isn't the 2009 movie supposed to be total reboot of Star Trek franchise?

Now, I've never seen any of the Star Trek TV show or movies. So, where should I start? Generally, I find old series having atrociously ugly designs to be "very" painfully dull.
Can I simply start in ST universe with the Star Trek (2009) movie(and then later on can watch/understand Star Trek: Into Darkness in 2013)? Would I get it, without feeling like I'm backtracking? I mean, do I need a lot of background/past information of earlier versions of Star Trek universe? Isn't the 2009 movie supposed to be total reboot of Star Trek franchise?

You can start from Start Trek (2009). Its a complete reboot with almost no link with the old stories other than the characters. I found it much better than the previous Star Trek movies :)

You can start from Start Trek (2009). Its a complete reboot with almost no link with the old stories other than the characters. I found it much better than the previous Star Trek movies :)
Cool. So, Star Trek (2009) will be the only movie I need to watch? With Into Darkness the next in line, right? Thanks.

Cool. So, Star Trek (2009) will be the only movie I need to watch? With Into Darkness the next in line, right? Thanks.

Yes, definitely. Before I watched the Abrams' reboot, I just had a vague idea about the lead characters. But even if you have no idea about its legacy, its a good movie on its own. I myself loved its characters and cant wait for the sequel.

Despicable Me (2010) 7.5/10 : A good animated movie. Loved those minions. Personally I dont like the cheesy child actors/characters in the movie other than that a good movie.

Bullitt (1968) 9.5/10: I had only heard Steve McQueen reference given out many times in TV shows and movies (NCIS-Anthony DiNozzo, Tower Heist-The Car), decided to finally watch one of his movies. One word AWESOME. Such an intense actor oozing charisma. My favorite actor along with Jack Nicholson.
Well the movie was good; a cop story, great acting and a great car chase.

Hidalgo (2004) 9/10: A nice long movie, revolving around a Mustang competing a cross country race in the Arabian desert. Starring Viggo Mortensen (Aragorn from the LoTR). I personally like movies having some Middle Eastern element in them, add to it some cowboy and adventure resulting in a good movie.

Megamind (2010) 8.5/10: A animated movie (with no kids, great!) with a nice and unusual story when a villain turns into a hero. Good animation and characters.

Ronin (1998) 9.5/10: A very good movie. Starring Jean Reno (of Leon:The Professional). The movie has one of the greatest action I have seen in movies along with the best car chases in movies. Got to know about this movie from the Top Gear Bond cars episodes, thanks to Top Gear. A MUST watch.

@Spacescreamer @asingh I had a similar experience during Life of Pi.
After spending 250 bucks I expected a decent watching experience, but all I got were rounds and rounds of applause through out the movie, WTF! the next few dialogues were drowned in the noise and for God's sake have they come in a circus. But the crown went to a guy explaining each and every scene to his dumb girlfriend.
Apparently in Pune these kind of experiences are common in multiplex, especially during the evening and night shows. Best option find a quaint single screen or catch the morning show at multiplex--get rid of pesky crowd and save a few bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a similar experience during Life of Pi.
After spending 250 bucks I expected a decent watching experience, but all I got were rounds and rounds of applause through out the movie, WTF! the next few dialogues were drowned in the noise and for God's sake have they come in a circus. But the crown went to a guy explaining each and every scene to his dumb girlfriend.
Apparently in Pune these kind of experiences are common in multiplex, especially during the evening and night shows. Best option find a quaint single screen or catch the morning show at multiplex--get rid of pesky crowd and save a few bucks.

Well the guy behind me kept saying "why does he not start to row". :(

I had the whole silver section to myself and my friend while watching Life of Pi. I must say that they did a very good job of keeping the audience engrossed even though the story plot didnt have much in the second half.

Back